LaunchBox Community Forums

Stellar ~ RetroArch Nightly Updater

2 minutes ago, JourneyOver said:

Is this no longer working? whenever I do a "check" or "update" all it produces is an error "Problem creating RetroArch list from HTML" and "Could not find download"

Download URL is pointing to "https://raw.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/"

Something must have changed on the website code or files list. I will look into it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dragon57 said:

Strange. I was able to update with no issue. I'm running Stellar_0.8.7.1-beta.

Running the same version, have tried running as admin (though I think it's set to auto run as admin) as well and it still throws the same error. I'm running on windows 10 but I don't think that could be the cause..

2 minutes ago, JourneyOver said:

Running the same version, have tried running as admin (though I think it's set to auto run as admin) as well and it still throws the same error. I'm running on windows 10 but I don't think that could be the cause..

I'm running Windows 10 here as well. It could just be one part of the internet routing being messed up on your end that could clear up at any time. Here's hoping!

6 minutes ago, JourneyOver said:

Mine is also not updating. I think https://raw.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/ is missing some of the usual files.

I think it usually has the files with the date like here https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/psp/

Cores are now updating, the index-extended file must have been offline or being regenerated by the server.

Edited by wyzrd

Pretty much running this program as brand new, steps I have done.

1. Extracted stellar and opened it

2. Selected my retroarch folder

3. left default for download and architecture type (RA+Cores | 64-bit) and the download URL

4. clicked "check"

4.1. it throws the errors I mentioned

4.2 if I click on "ok" on both errors it comes up with the checklist with my cores that I have

5. I click on "update" and it throws the errors I mentioned again and then sits in an endless thing of "fetching cores list"

Edited by JourneyOver

4 minutes ago, JourneyOver said:

Pretty much running this program as brand new, steps I have done.

1. Extracted stellar and opened it

2. Selected my retroarch folder

3. left default for download and architecture type (RA+Cores | 64-bit)

4. clicked "check"

4.1. it throws the errors I mentioned

4.2 if I click on "ok" on both errors it comes up with the checklist with my cores that I have

5. I click on "update" and it throws the errors I mentioned again and then sits in an endless thing of "fetching cores list"

I think the RetroArch 7z files with the dates on the server are offline. They must be uploading new ones. Give it a few hours and see if they come back.

Errors like this happened before when the server once ran out of space. Or when it's in the middle of regenerating new ones.

4 minutes ago, wyzrd said:

I think the RetroArch 7z files with the dates on the server are offline. They must be uploading new ones. Give it a few hours and see if they come back.

Errors like this happened before when the server once ran out of space. Or when it's in the middle of regenerating new ones.

Alright will try again in a couple hours or so, hopefully it'll work then. I'll report back on whether it worked or not when I try later.

I don't think the problem is with Stellar. It looks like for whatever reason the download file it uses just isn't on  the nightlies page at all.  The only one there is the bigger download. I don't know if it means anything but prior to this disappearance the nightly build hadn't been updated since the 8th.

Edit: Looks like its all working again now.

Edited by spectral

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ALIE said:

hey i just updated and now i get this error.

failed to load or could not find the Qt platforms  plugins "windows"

now I'm  scared

@ALIE @DOS76

I got the same thing. There's a new dll missing.

Go here https://raw.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/

Download RetroArch.7z 194.3MB

Extract:

Qt5Core.dll
Qt5Gui.dll
Qt5Svg.dll
Qt5Widgets.dll
libicuin58.dll
libicuin58.dll
libpcre2-16-0.dll
libicuuc58.dll
libicudt58.dll

And the folder named platforms to your RetroArch folder. Inside is a file qwindows.dll.

Edited by wyzrd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wyzrd said:

@ALIE @DOS76

I got the same thing. There's a new dll missing.

Go here https://raw.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/

Download RetroArch.7z 194.3MB

Extract the folder named platforms to your RetroArch folder. Inside is a file qwindows.dll.

Or I've attached a small download of the folder and file here in a zip.

platforms.zip

Got it but i needed like 6 other DLL files. 

Got it updated unfortunately it didn't fix the issue I've been having. I will make post if necessary but I'll ask quickly maybe someone knows. 

When I go into exclusive full screen first it got all black and I couldn't see. Now I can see RA at first but it's frozen at least I can't see that I'm navigating. 

I hoped updating would work but my guess it's a Nvidia driver issue?. 

3 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Got it updated unfortunately it didn't fix the issue I've been having. I will make post if necessary but I'll ask quickly maybe someone knows. 

When I go into exclusive full screen first it got all black and I couldn't see. Now I can see RA at first but it's frozen at least I can't see that I'm navigating. 

I hoped updating would work but my guess it's a Nvidia driver issue?. 

See if you can confirm it's NVIDIA by settings RetroArch to use Integrated Graphics.

dq9SxFF.jpg

8 minutes ago, wyzrd said:

See if you can confirm it's NVIDIA by settings RetroArch to use Integrated Graphics.

dq9SxFF.jpg

Thanks I'll try to see. 

I updated a second RA and these Dll came up missing. 

Qt5Core.dll
Qt5gui. Dll
Qt5widgets. Dll
libicuin58. dll
libicuin58. dll
libpcre2-16-0.dll
libicuuc58
libicudt58