LaunchBox Community Forums

Stellar ~ RetroArch Nightly Updater

Update 0.9.2

zeHxYrg.png

To prevent losing saved settings upon upgrade I've changed the save system to a config.ini instead of Windows %AppData% temp file.

Set your RetroArch folder path and Config Window options. After closing the program a config.ini will be generated in the same folder as Stellar.exe.

Let me know if there are any problems. I've attached v0.9.1 if you need to revert.

Download

https://github.com/StellarUpdater/Stellar/releases

Or Select Stellar from the Download Menu.

Change Log

• Added config.ini for saved settings

Menu Options

Troubleshooting

@Retro808 @Mizar @JamesBaker @Rincewind @dragon57 @neil9000 @spectral @TheMadMan007 @Mizar @Daliant

Stellar v0.9.1.0-beta.7z

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

I just noticed the value for Download_SelectedItem in the ini file isn't being honored upon an exit/restart of stellar. Perhaps it is because I selected New Install?

New Install, Upgrade, Redist, and Stellar will revert to RetroArch selected. As I figure you usually don't want to do those options each time you restart the program.

Only RetroArch, RA+Cores, Cores, and New Cores save to the config.ini. But if you need one of the options to save I can add it.

8 minutes ago, wyzrd said:

New Install, Upgrade, Redist, and Stellar will revert to RetroArch selected. As I figure you usually don't want to do those options each time you restart the program.

Only RetroArch, RA+Cores, Cores, and New Cores save to the config.ini. But if you need one of the options to save I can add it.

Nope, being a coder I understand the logic. Save the user from himself, if you can! :)

Awesome work, really well designed and planned. But it lacks something really powerful if you have an arcade cabinet or doesn't want to run manually, command-line support. As an end-user I don't want to open an Interface every time to update it, I want to setup a scheduler to run it everyday automatically.

2 hours ago, srxz said:

Awesome work, really well designed and planned. But it lacks something really powerful if you have an arcade cabinet or doesn't want to run manually, command-line support. As an end-user I don't want to open an Interface every time to update it, I want to setup a scheduler to run it everyday automatically.

I will look into a way to add command-line functionality through cmd and run as a Scheduled Task.

Something like:

stellar -download cores -update all -arch 64-bit -server buildbot -path "C:\Path\To\RetroARch\"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wyzrd said:

I will look into a way to add command-line functionality through cmd and run as a Scheduled Task.

Something like:

stellar -download cores -update all -arch 64-bit -server buildbot -path "C:\Path\To\RetroARch\"

That would be awesome.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I'm guessing here, but i personally dont see much point, its not like Retroarch, with cores and such needing updating all the time.

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

That is true. I know some updates do have improvements but this is understandable. I know Dolphin has an updater now was hoping PCSX2 would do the same. Sorry for the off topic request.

14 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

That is true. I know some updates do have improvements but this is understandable. I know Dolphin has an updater now was hoping PCSX2 would do the same. Sorry for the off topic request.

If I make a PCSX2 updater I will notify you and create a new thread for it.

It would be much simpler than RetroArch, as it would only download one file and extract.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have only just discovered this thread and program. I need to explore this forum in much more detail as there are some awesome stuff to be found. I downloaded Stellar and gave it a whirl and it worked great. It is so much easier than doing it via RA itself. Thank you so much for making this great program available to us all.