LaunchBox Community Forums

voice rec makes pc hang

orac31

oops

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (SpeechHandler )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.ReduceVolume()
   at (SpeechHandler , Object , SpeechRecognizedEventArgs )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.recognizer_SpeechRecognized(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SpeechRecognizedProxy(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)

to reproduce say desktop, then say it again

Edited by jadekitten
  • Like 1

Any news on this? is it working for everyone else now, cause I still have the same issue. It applys the setting change in about 5 seconds now, but of course I do what I'm told as there is now dialog stating it wont take effect until I restart launchbox, so I exit and restart and still takes forever to launch. It does eventually but...

If it's just me having the issue id say Jason solved it and I personally have a underlying issue somewhere. so any help guys and gals? thanks.

Thanks guys; I'll have a new beta out shortly. That said, I have not been able to identify anything that might causing a problem for people who it won't initialize for. For example, if the audio level dialog isn't showing and you don't seem to be getting any input from your microphone, I'm lost currently with that issue. It is possible that your Windows installation does not currently have the speech recognition features, or that for some reason your microphone is not getting picked up. If a microphone is not found, though, I believe it should throw up an error on launch if you're in voice debug mode (check box in the voice recognition options).

My current observations are that it seems to be working well for people who have a good quality microphone, use "computer" instead of "LaunchBox" as the voice recognition trigger, and are not having a problem with the initialization. I do think the initialization issues are just system configuration issues, but of course that is difficult to confirm. If you haven't already, check to see if you have speech recognition options in the control panel.