LaunchBox Community Forums

voice rec makes pc hang

orac31

I had the same issue when okaying the options.  Took 5-10 minutes.  LaunchBox is now taking 5 - 10 minutes on startup to get through "Initializing Voice Recognition".  In addition, I couldn't actually get the vr to respond to anything (and my recording levels were all on and working).  Going to turn it off for now.

also a strange note the code you told us to look for does not seem to exits in my launchbox.xml file that exists in my root launchbox folder ... is there another file elsewhere i should be looking at? im sending ou the one i found now ... hopefully as i believe mine is over 80mb in size

Thanks guys. Email me your LaunchBox.xml files if you would. If that line doesn't exist @smallsbig then voice recognition was never successfully enabled, which does make some sense if you're locking up when trying to save the options.

What's going on here is it's an intensive operation to load up the voice detection algorithms for all the games in your collection. On my system it only takes about 6 seconds for 10,000 games or so, but apparently there are other performance issues. I may need to adjust the voice recognition to only detect entire game names instead of any word for any particular game. If that makes sense.

@Jason Carr oddly i searched again and fount the string you mentioned ... not sure at all how it showed up suddenly but im surely going to chalk that up to user error (typical for me lol) so i changed it to false and booted right up for me thank goodness . hope this gets sorted because honestly Jason it looks very cool and super impressive

2 minutes ago, polymorph77 said:

Email sent. That is weird @smallsbig  mine took a long time but did eventually load. I see my xml file is about 25mb yours is much bigger wonder if that is contributing to it?

it builds my games list super fast so i dont know BUT i just BARELY started adding the "N" consoles and have so many more to go lol ... I love Launchbox and have got it set up in a way that looks pretty damn cool to me lol

Capture.JPG

It may be quite a challenge to get 50,000 games working well with voice recognition. To be honest, it might not be possible. That said, we do have some options like only making it work for visible games and such, so there are some solutions, but we might have to rethink some things.

I just tested with polymorph's XML (15,000 games). It was taking something like 30 seconds to load the voice recognition stuff, which obviously is no good. I switched it up to only recognize full game titles for now, and it now loads up on my machine in about 4 seconds. There's a new beta out with the update that should at least make it usable. I'll be doing more work soon to see how to improve it further.