LaunchBox Community Forums

My Pinball FX2 "platform" in Bigbox

Eirulan

Hi,

to set up Pinball FX2 in Launchbox was the "hardest" platform to do for me to date, simply because almost everything had to be done and added manually because it's no actual scrapable platform in the database.

But it was a good exercise to learn Launchbox better. I'm pretty pleased with the final result :)

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/BZ8ezHJLe44

(And this is by the way my first youtube upload ever *lol* )

Edited by Eirulan
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Very nice, where did you find the buttons for each game ?

Oh I can't tell you exactly where I got them, because I searched so many sites for game media. I think it was either arcadepunks or the hyperspin forums.

I've attached them here.

PinballFX2.zip

Edit: Ah I found it, it was a part of this media pack: mega:///#!mRBAAQQY!liOSuUUOx4I-Y026ek0DJp3tFYkGH1c4bnM7ohAbBlo

Edited by Eirulan
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr that's exactly the problem, the scraping "sucks". It's best to NOT scrape any data at all (just import and uncheck all scrape-sources), because you'll end up deleting this wrong information that's being scraped anyway. Some tables will get recognized as the wrong games, e.g. the "Rome" table gets scraped as "Rome: Total War". Guess the problem is that your database does not know a platform named "Pinball FX2" :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0R0MAWii8VBfkJ2TktrdkRSZEZqMEM4LUM4a09WUTRNVUFDcWZsUWZMN2VhdnZZNVgzTVk

Found the images for most of the games.. Seems to be missing the two last tables (Women of Pinball) that are new.

I have downloaded what I can find and sent a message to Eirulan that we can compare notes before making a zip of the images and the videos..
I probably need to clean up som files within.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wize said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0R0MAWii8VBfkJ2TktrdkRSZEZqMEM4LUM4a09WUTRNVUFDcWZsUWZMN2VhdnZZNVgzTVk

Found the images for most of the games.. Seems to be missing the two last tables (Women of Pinball) that are new.

I have downloaded what I can find and sent a message to Eirulan that we can compare notes before making a zip of the images and the videos..
I probably need to clean up som files within.

Just link to the thread from Draco where you got them so that people can give a shout out to him for his nice images.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 6:14 PM, Jason Carr said:

We might be adding official pinball support here soon; what sort of hurdles did you run into in getting it all set up? 

Looking forward to some official support for pinball @Jason Carr. Spent a lot of time this weekend setting up about 100 Future Pinball tables manually. Thankful that I can add them, but a more automatic way to set them up would be awesome. I followed the tips in the post below to get Future Pinball tables working. I could wait until the Rocketlauncher plugin gets updated again and just use that, but where is the fun in that?

Messed around a bit with Pinball FX2 as well. Never messed around with that system before. Pretty neat.

If there needs to be a ticket opened for this, just say the word.

• 10 months later...
On 9/12/2016 at 7:21 PM, Eirulan said:

Hi,

to set up Pinball FX2 in Launchbox was the "hardest" platform to do for me to date, simply because almost everything had to be done and added manually because it's no actual scrapable platform in the database.

But it was a good exercise to learn Launchbox better. I'm pretty pleased with the final result :)

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/BZ8ezHJLe44

(And this is by the way my first youtube upload ever *lol* )

that pretty awesome iam happy to see that pinball fever is spreading all around ,. pfx2 is one of the hardest ones to set up , it took me a while to figure it out to be able to use it in cabinet mode , because . i was thinking of doing pinball arcade as well but most of the table you can find in visual pinball and future pinball ,. iam currently building my pinball cab . so ive been extremely busy . that's one of the reasons why i haven't been around much. but awesome work and thank you.