LaunchBox Community Forums

FS-UAE Exporter to create a folder structure for import into Launchbox

• 2 months later...

Hi, yesterday I set this up in my LB via YT video. Thanks for the effort you guys put in it. I did not downloaded launcher_uuid as it should be obsolete now. So I just created one FS-UAE Emulator in LB pointing to launcher.exe w/o any parameters. I exported my games via UUID exporter and successfully imported them in LB. But when I start a game it just opens laucher GUI. Can someone pls help me?

edit: solved by checking check boxes :$

Edited by schnickalot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi  

please, i need your help. I have configured FS-UAE and now i can play my .adf and WHLOAD games with Model = Amiga1200 and my AmigaCD 32 games with Model = CD32.  After that, I imported the FS-UAE.exe emulator on LB, without any issue: I'm able to play all .adf and WHLOAD games. 

Now I imported Amiga CD32 in LB, using the same FS-UAE installation (I mean, same Launcher.exe used for Amiga emualation).  I tried to import 2 AmigaCD32 games: one of them in folder format, with bin, cue, img, sub files: I added the .cue file in LB.  The other one is in .zip format (it included .wav files, .cue and .bin).  LB correctly detected them, but if i run them, the emulator starts but:

1) when i play the game in folder format, it appear a blue screen, with AMIGA DOS information. I think that I have understood the issue: if I play this game, the emulator doesn't start with Amiga CD32 model. If I push START on my joypad, it appears at the upper left side: Amiga 500".

2) when i play the game in zip format, it appears only the AMIGA CD 2 logo. Here if I push START, it doesn't happen anything

I suppose that I have to do something of particular in order to correctly start the FC-UAE emulator for CD 32 games... can you help me, please?

I also tried to create 2 different FS-UAE installation folder: one used in LB only for Amiga games and the oter one only for Amiga CD32 games. But i don't solve the issue. It seems that in order to load in LB the Amiga CD 32 games, it is necessary an additional step...

can you help me please?

thanks

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, mgtroyas said:

Hi, the exporter on the first post was deleted, does  anybody have a copy?

I'm not finding this either.  I went up and down the whole thread and all copies appear to be deleted.  Does anyone have a copy of the exporter that they can post?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way i can use either this tool or some variation on it, to copy or move all the games listed in the sql to another location?. I need all the game files in a single location as im trying to make my launchbox setup portable. At the moment i have my fsuae games in seperate folders. eg amiga cd32, tosec, gamebase and i just scan the whole folders into fsuae. Now obviously if i want this portable i dont need whole tosec amiga collection. or whole gamebase amiga collection. This would just take up unnecessary space. I only need the games that fsuae detects & uses. Thus i need a way to just copy out all the games to another location. It seems like this tool could have the means to do it. Only at the moment it only copies out game ids

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, schnickalot said:

Hi, yesterday I set this up in my LB via YT video. Thanks for the effort you guys put in it. I did not downloaded launcher_uuid as it should be obsolete now. So I just created one FS-UAE Emulator in LB pointing to launcher.exe w/o any parameters. I exported my games via UUID exporter and successfully imported them in LB. But when I start a game it just opens laucher GUI. Can someone pls help me?

How did you do this? What were the check boxes?

• 3 months later...

On 3/2/2020 at 10:21 PM, schnickalot said:

EDIT: The check boxes are the setting from Launch box Emulator settings> Remove Quotes, and Remove file extension and folder path

Edited by Ping182nz

On 3/22/2018 at 3:37 AM, Zombeaver said:

If you're importing custom configs:

1) Go into the FS-UAE\Configurations folder, and drag the .fs-uae files into Launchbox
     -Indicate that they're Amiga games
     -Choose FS-UAE as the emulator
     -Do not check "use folder names" in the wizard

I have tried this, and launchbox just opens launcher window... doesnt launch the custom config ADF game

It launches fine with FS-UAE.....

I am not using launcher UUID or anything as that isnt needed anymore...

Can anyone please help....

Hi guys

please i need your help. I have updated to the latest version FSUAE and i updated all my 3 folders: Amiga, Amiga CDTV and Amiga CD32.  They perfectly works. Amiga and Amiga CDTV perfectly works in Launchbox too.

But Amiga CD32 doesn't work anymore in launchbox. It perfectly worked months ago, when i followed the guide of this tutorial. Then i didn't try it for some months.

I don't know where is the issue, if it is related to newer version of Launchbox or whatelse.... 

When i start a game, it appears this screen, meaning : Impossible to find the specified file:

cd32-2.png

but the emualtor is correctly configured:

cd32.png

here the settings of both emulator and UID settings:

cd32-6.png

cd32-7.png

and all my uid files are always stored here:

cd32-3.png

i checked my uuids files and they are empty files...is this correct? I think that they always where like now, i didn't change them:

cd32-5.png

please, can anyone help me? I don't know if it doesn't detect the games or the emulator...

thanks!

EDIT: i solved the issue. There was the wrong emulator associated to the games. It is necessary to use this:

cd32-6.png

but before there was this emulator..i don't remember why it was necessary to create it...do you know why it it is necessary?

https://postimg.cc/7554FMQd/75077641

Edited by legolas119

• 5 weeks later...

So this method is wonderful and I have used it successfully in Launchbox for years now, thanks to everyone putting their hard work into this.

Now I'm sitting on my second system, a Laptop that doesn't have that many games and I didn't consider using Launchbox for the Amiga game collection that's on it.

Still, I didn't want to load up the FS UAE launcher every time I want to play an Amiga game, so I'm trying to create simple batchfiles to start the games automatically with the FS UAE launcher, but directing them to the files created by the exporter doesn't work that easily. If I simply create a batch file like "launcher.exe [PATH TO FILE]\8058ab69-a1b2-5edf-8861-3cec4e193813", only the launcher gets started, not the game it should have autoloaded incl. its configuration. Is there an easy solution to creating batch files for FS UAE games and their configurations, or will I need Launchbox for starting the games with the files provided by the exporter?

I'll have to double check but I want to say that you would want to not include the path i.e. just Launcher.exe [UUID]

All the UUIDs are doing are telling FS-UAE which game - which will already be imported into the FS-UAE library at that point - to start. FS-UAE already knows the path to the game associated with the UUID, you're just telling it which game you're starting, like a title, except that it's specifying the specific version of that game that you're starting.

Thank you so much, it works as you say, creating simple shortcuts for the FS UAE Launcher that way, exactly as I wanted it.

It just needs the UUID title (the specific code/title of the UUID for the exact version of the game), not a path.

(Kinda embarassing I didn't think of trying that before asking, sorry.)

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by nietzsche666
clarifying to not be misleading

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...