LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3

InfinityFox

Just followed brads rather nice little tutorial for setting up the Sega Model 3 System, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to configure the controls for my Xbox controller. The read me says the following but I'm really not sure how to do what it's asking

XBox 360 Controllers
--------------------

For full XBox 360 controller support, the XInput system must be used on Windows
('-input-system=xinput').  Otherwise, the left and right trigger buttons cannot
be mapped individually and force feedback will not work.  Please read the
section titled 'Input Systems', further below.

I'm sure it's something to do with command prompts but I'm not sure how to do it??

A nudge in the right direction would be most appreciated

I assume you mean you watched the tutorial I made? If so, remember where I taught users about -res and -fullscreen when you were adding the emulator? Go to Tools -> Manage Emulators and open up Supermodel. You can add "-input-system=xinput" to the same location. What ever is in your default command line parameters box, press space then paste the command there.

So in my Sega Model 3, I only have 27 roms, and I don't think I removed 5 entries from within LB. All I did, was remove some earlier parent roms from within LB (I never removed any of the actual rom files) and kept the later child roms. If they turn out to not work, then I'll swap them later. Model 3 has a benefit of not having a ton of games, and what is there is still handled by the MAME Importer within LB if you want it to. The only "duplicate" I currently have is Daytona USA 2 Rev A and Daytona USA 2 Power Edition, but they're still different games technically...? Always go for the latest revisions of games (So Rev B stuff) as it usually fixes bugs, or go for the language you are most comfortable with because some child roms only change the language of the game (LB Also handles that as well). When it comes to a proper MAME set, I just let LaunchBox deal with it completely.

• 1 year later...

Links to what the UI? I wouldn't use the UI anymore Supermodel is updated all the time on EmuCR and if you use the UI it overwrites the config file with an old outdated one. Best bet is trying to find out what commands it supports and adding them to the config file.

• 1 year later...

Anyone else noticing some games at an odd rate of speed in SuperModel to where even games like Virtua Fighter 3 cause characters to go faceless with only the eyeballs left? Not sure what happened or how to get things right for some of those games. Sometimes it's cool have a game go a bit faster. but not when you have 5 secs to pick a character instead of 10 secs & etc.

Edited by RULLUR

On 4/11/2019 at 8:34 PM, DOS76 said:

VF3 is one of the more glitchy games for Model 3 and that includes both versions.

Good to know I'm not the only one coming across that. I think that Ambulance game is getting weird in speed though, like it starts faster than I remember, and then slows down while actually in play. I don't know if it's due which version of Supermodel I'm using or I'm doing things via i3 on my Laptop. I had one version previous to what I'm using now, but Avast deleted my exe for it, and I had to find another way to get some version of Supermodel that Chrome wouldn't stop me on too. I think using a different version might be why things got weirder than I remember too.