LaunchBox Community Forums

Thoughts on Citra (3DS)

angelobodetti

Any idea guys what command line to use with CITRA (using bleeding edge build) and although I have to use the mouse to click and keyboard, Fire Emblem Awakening seems to be fully playable at good speed (I have a 3.4ghz i5 PC, that may help, I'm not sure..)

When it opens up it just opens the emulator but doesn't load the game....

That just sounds liek the default location. Setting it and closing the emulator should set a place for the location and save it for next time. That's most likely a Windows thing. There is software you can use to manage windows like this (I use DisplayFusion for this and actively use it on RetroArch), but only if it isn't behaving then try that software.

• 2 weeks later...

Not getting it to save the position, is most likely a windows bug. There is software that can help, I use DisplayFusion to help me control certain windows (like RetroArch I have it center each time it opens), and the software helps with multiple monitors. In the end though Citra is very very early on, and it shouldn't be considered anywhere close to being out of the Alpha stage, so there is little help we can provide because things are going to be changing drastically over the next year anyways. As tempting as 3DS Emulation sounds, it's going to be a while yet before it's going to be reliable.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol don't you hate when you go to emphasize a point like this and then misspell it.

2 minutes ago, perkel666 said:

Citra got HUUUUUHE boost to emulation speed and if you have Nvidia GPU most of the time game will work at 100% speed. AMD gpus have problems though with stability. If it will run then it will run if not then it won't.

On 12/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, zardoz2626 said:

Hello there is a new Video tutorial for citra without Rocket Launcher

Hey, not sure if this is any use, but I knocked together a little AHK script that you can add to the Citra Launchbox Emulator settings. All it does is force the emulator to go fullscreen and close Citra when you press the Escape key. Hope it helps :)

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinWaitActive, Citra
Send {f11}

~Escape::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinWaitActive, Citra
Send !{f4}
return

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...