LaunchBox Community Forums

Archive Cache Manager

If I launch Launchbox after installing Archive Cache Manager (ACM), I get the following error:

"Archive Cache Manager: Unexpected exception.

The given path's format is not supported.

See ArchiveCacheManager.log for details."

I have attached a copy of the log file.  

I also found that if I run install.bat for ACM after opening Launchbox, everything seems to work fine, including archiving extracted files.  However, after closing and relaunching Launchbox, I again get the error.

2018-06-17 11_32_39-Archive Cache Manager.png

ArchiveCacheManager.log

• Thanks 1

Hi azuravian, thanks for detailed error report and log file. I just have a few questions:

• Does ACM work after you run into the initial error, without re-installing it?
  • What version of LaunchBox are you using?
  • Does launching a game cause the exception? (try games across different platforms)

It's not entirely clear why the exception has occurred, but the fix should be straight forward. I'll update this thread when a new version is ready to test.

• Thanks 2

1. The error occurs during startup and if I click the OK button, Launchbox never loads.  I have to uninstall ACM in order to load Launchbox.  The only way I can get ACM to work is if I install it after Launchbox is open and it will then work until I close and relaunch Launchbox.
  2. I am currently using 8.4-beta2, but I first encountered this problem with 8.3, I believe.
  3. Launching a game doesn't cause the exception, but I can only launch games if I install ACM after opening Launchbox (see #1).
  • Thanks 1

I no longer get the error message, but Launchbox still fails to load when the plugin is installed.

Now, when I run Launchbox with the plugin installed, I get the Launchbox loading screen for a few seconds, then it closes and the application never launches.

After uninstalling, Launchbox works fine again.

Well, everything is working now, so I'll just post what I did in case anyone else has issues.

So, I just tested using standard launchbox executable instead of Launchbox.Next.  It still won't launch, but I get a more detailed error message:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.4-beta-6
Type:    System.ArgumentNullException
Site:    System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[TResult] Select[TSource,TResult](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[TSource], System.Func`2[TSource,TResult])
Source:  System.Core

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at ()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Libraries.Extract()
   at ()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Root.EnsureConfigFilesAndFolders()
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

5:47:42 PM Exception

After testing this way, I checked the log file and it seems it was getting hung up on the fact that launchbox was installed to a folder that contained a "space" in its name.  In my case, I was using my "Box Sync" folder.  I uninstalled Box and followed instructions on their site to manually set a different location (renaming it to "Box" without the " Sync".   After doing this, everything worked fine, including the plugin.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 12:09 AM, fraganator said:

@NahuelDS Not a problem, thanks for letting me know :)

A file picker when launching a merged rom set would be useful. I'm not sure if it's beyond the scope of what this plugin is designed for, but technically it can be done. I'll have a think about whether adding to this plugin makes sense, or if it's better handled some other way. Don't hold your breath though! :P

Any plans on this feature? ?? ?

• Like 1

No plans yet, though I see now that the feature didn't make the cut after being asked about in the previous LB poll.

I'll give it some thought as to what's involved, and what would be the best end user experience. A naive, always show the picker dialog would be the simplest, but for non-merged zips that might get annoying. Maybe a per platform setting to show the picker? As I mentioned before, don't hold your breath!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the latest ACM version 1.5? It should support LB.Next.

You might also need to re-install ACM after each new LaunchBox update. I plan on turning ACM into a proper LB plugin at some stage so this won't be an issue in future, but for now running Install.bat after a new LB update is sometimes required.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2018 at 4:00 AM, fraganator said:

Are you using the latest ACM version 1.5? It should support LB.Next.

You might also need to re-install ACM after each new LaunchBox update. I plan on turning ACM into a proper LB plugin at some stage so this won't be an issue in future, but for now running Install.bat after a new LB update is sometimes required.

That worked. Just needed to run the Install.bat again. I guess I should have thought of that already durrr. Thanks :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi 0mnip073n7,

Which version of LB are you using? I've tested it with version 9.8 and it should be working.

Try double-checking the path the plugin was extracted to (all the files should be in <LaunchBox Path>/ArchiveCacheManager), and re-run Install.bat. You may also need to run Install.bat after LB has updated, as it sometimes replaces the 7z.exe file in the <LaunchBox Path>/7-Zip folder.

• 1 month later...

Hi fraganator,

I have a few questions.

Is it possible to add an option, that copies the compressed file to a temp path and decompress from there? The reason is, that my roms are stored in my personal cloud and decompress directly from there is not very stable.

Is it also possible to see a progress bar when launchin from bigbox?

Do you consider to share the source Code for your plugin? :)

Thanks

Regards

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I this pluggin still supported?

For me it has been a life saving pluggin until now, allowing to have hundreds of games on a very limited storage.
However, for some reason, it doesn't seem to work with Yuzu (the Switch emulator)...

While launching a game from the emulator itself, no issue whatsoever... With Launchbox it also works, but when Archive Cache Manage does the middle man, Yuzu throws me an error and the game doesn't start!

At first I thought it was because my zip files were corrupted, but as a mater of fact, if I launch the extracted files from Yuzu it works!

Any idea?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm still around :) I don't get a chance to play with LB much nowadays, but am happy to keep supporting ACM where I can.

@JamesBond@ge I see you have verbose logging enabled - can you post the ArchiveCacheManager.log file created after this error occurs? Does it happen for all archives, or a specific archive? What version of LaunchBox are you running?

Also, try backing up and then deleting the Config.xml file - it will be recreated the next time a game is run. A quick look online indicates that error might be related to XML parsing, so perhaps the config file is corrupt in some strange way.

@Moukrea I haven't played with Yuzu before, or Switch emulation in general. You might try setting the <ForceHardLinks> option in Archive Cache Manager/config.xml to True:

<ForceHardLinks>True</ForceHardLinks>

Can you also enable verbose logging in the config file and post the ArchiveCacheManager.log file after attempting to start a Switch game with Yuzu? What error does Yuzu give you?

Edited by fraganator
Add debug suggestion
  • Thanks 1