LaunchBox Community Forums
noiseordinance

Bigbox lag

On 10/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, Jason Carr said:

That is correct; I did not write that plugin. I'm not exactly sure of a way to do it with a priority from that plugin. You're saying prioritizing Big Box to high made a significant difference for you?

ok thats what I thought, I will do some extra testing with the priority change :) With the latest Beta 8 it was pretty damn smooth overall for myself, definitely far less glitchy and jumping between 1 to 5 games in the list that would occasionally happen in previous versions. The only lag I seem to see now is if it gets to a game title it might take an extra up or down press on the controller to get it to move to the next item but that is very rare :)

If I find that the priority  change does eliminate all problems then I can try to script something myself or request a mod from the Kodi Plugin Dev :)

thanks

• Like 1

Any have lag when using a XBOX 360 controller when pressing direction keys takes several presses to register and sometime I have to press red or execute button several times to launch something?

16 hours ago, DR9 said:

Any have lag when using a XBOX 360 controller when pressing direction keys takes several presses to register and sometime I have to press red or execute button several times to launch something?

do you mean when moving within menus? if so then yes thats basically exactly what this whole thread is about. The symptoms most were seeing is as you mentioned sometimes multiple presses of the up and down arrow keys within menus and also occasionally 1 longer press of the down key jumping a heap of menu items at once :)

On 11/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, Rjay said:

do you mean when moving within menus? if so then yes thats basically exactly what this whole thread is about. The symptoms most were seeing is as you mentioned sometimes multiple presses of the up and down arrow keys within menus and also occasionally 1 longer press of the down key jumping a heap of menu items at once :)

Yup add me to that list, been like this forever and even on newest betas.

Hi, I'm using Big Box 9.0 and Unified Redux theme with my Wired Xbox360 controller. 

System Specs:

Intel i7 -6700HQ
Nvidia 960m
Windows 10 1809

My scrolling wheel works fine without the lag or pause.  I have had it crash on me several times where I need to end task on Big Box.  BUT for the life of me, I can't figure out why my "A" button which is "select" will do a double press majority of the time while in Big Box. My "B" button which is "back" doesn't do a double press.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello again on this guys. As you guys probably know, we've been to hell and back trying to get this resolved for everyone, and as far as I can tell we've resolved it for the vast majority of people, but apparently not for everyone.

@DR9 @xman By chance, are you guys running Steam? Do you still get the same issues if you completely close out of Steam? I ask because we recently became aware of Steam causing duplicate inputs for some people in other threads.

Whatever is causing this is isolated and somehow unique to certain systems or certain configurations.

@Jason Carr I usually have Steam open while using BigBox.  I will completely close out Steam and get back into BigBox to see if that resolves the issue as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks for putting your hard work and effort in trying to resolve this issue.  Otherwise, a great product that I just got a forever license during Black Friday!  I'll post results here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xman said:

@Jason Carr I usually have Steam open while using BigBox.  I will completely close out Steam and get back into BigBox to see if that resolves the issue as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks for putting your hard work and effort in trying to resolve this issue.  Otherwise, a great product that I just got a forever license during Black Friday!  I'll post results here.

Results: I closed out Steam before starting BigBox and the double press on my "A" button had gone down to every once in a while (I'd say a 95% improvement).  I hadn't mentioned that it also fixed my controller scroll up/down on the menus as it was jumping to every other selection so I think you were correct to say Steam was causing duplicate inputs.  Hope that helps you in resolving any issues or your troubleshooting.

Note: I updated BigBox to version 9.1 and turned on Steam and was able to reproduce the double input entry.

Edited by xman

3 hours ago, xman said:

Results: I closed out Steam before starting BigBox and the double press on my "A" button had gone down to every once in a while (I'd say a 95% improvement).  I hadn't mentioned that it also fixed my controller scroll up/down on the menus as it was jumping to every other selection so I think you were correct to say Steam was causing duplicate inputs.  Hope that helps you in resolving any issues or your troubleshooting.

Note: I updated BigBox to version 9.1 and turned on Steam and was able to reproduce the double input entry.

Okay. I'm still trying to figure out what on earth Steam is doing to cause this. It doesn't seem to be an issue with Big Box, but of course we still need to figure it out. I haven't been able to replicate it myself, so I'm still a bit lost on it.

All I can figure is that Steam is somehow converting inputs from one type to another, and Big Box is picking up both of them. Do you have Use All Controllers checked in the Big Box options? What happens if you uncheck that?

I already had Use All Controllers unchecked and controller is XINPUT XBOX 360/XBOX ONE and now I have Steam up and running in the systray and my controller is fine now?!

The only thing I did different was go into Steam-->Settings-->Controller-->General Controller Settings and noticed my controller was Unrecognized. I made sure Steam recognized my controller and it came back as an XBOX ONE controller (which it's not, it's a wired XBOX 360) and I fire up Big Box multiple times and no double input??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xman said:

I already had Use All Controllers unchecked and controller is XINPUT XBOX 360/XBOX ONE and now I have Steam up and running in the systray and my controller is fine now?!

The only thing I did different was go into Steam-->Settings-->Controller-->General Controller Settings and noticed my controller was Unrecognized. I made sure Steam recognized my controller and it came back as an XBOX ONE controller (which it's not, it's a wired XBOX 360) and I fire up Big Box multiple times and no double input??

Well that is good to know, and also pretty weird. Can anyone else here test this to see if it makes any difference?

Hey guys!  

Just to post that I'm still having this issue, my PC is a i57500 + 8gbram+GTX1060 6gb and I'm using a PS4 + DS4win

My joysticks lags a lot, but the keyboard is smooth as butter so it's not a problem of the PC since big box can run perfectly

Regards