LaunchBox Community Forums

"Bedroom" Theme

vice350z

i really want someone to create the bedroom theme for big box, where all the images are platform bedroom backgrounds, even for the main categories, like handhelds, consoles, computers, arcade, and playlists...with the consoles next to the tv on a table and things of that era around it or on the background wall etc... it would be an awesome theme if made, and an instant download, because atm im using the retrotastic theme which is an awesome theme too, but lacking in bedroom backgrounds...

Edited by Avo_Skorm_1986

11 minutes ago, Dormat said:

This thread is the biggest tease since Coyote Ugly.

Sorry about that. Didn't realize how long just doing one console would take. Never found the time to complete the rest. Was really excited to start it and could have looked cool. Who knows..maybe down the road some time I'll get back on it. Most likely not but ya never know.

FYI @y2guruone of the theme creators in the community has been working on a visual theme editor that any end user can use to create themes I don't think its quite complete yet but getting there and when its finished I'm sure we will see an influx of new themes created by people who don't know how to code themselves.

13 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

FYI @y2guruone of the theme creators in the community has been working on a visual theme editor that any end user can use to create themes I don't think its quite complete yet but getting there and when its finished I'm sure we will see an influx of new themes created by people who don't know how to code themselves.

ill be interested to see what it can do ?

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2018 at 6:33 AM, vice350z said:

yeah sure, download them from my server. There's the background wall with the posters thats the "fanart" file and then the SNES PSD with the main stuff in the foreground.

Fanart

SNES Console

I also made a NES version to use as an overlay for my RetroPie NES setup.

5a9564bc14e6a_NESOVERLAY.jpg.257355f9b8922a6a3713b58de4e1508b.jpg

In use on my TV

IMG_20180214_105342583.jpg

By any chance can you share the PSD for your NES Overlay? I'd like to use that TV and make an SNES version. This picture has gotten me so incredibly excited. This is perfection! I absolutely love this. Can't stop playing NES now

8 hours ago, Copper said:

By any chance can you share the PSD for your NES Overlay? I'd like to use that TV and make an SNES version. This picture has gotten me so incredibly excited. This is perfection! I absolutely love this. Can't stop playing NES now

Sure, here ya go. 

NES Overlay

Edited by vice350z
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vice350z said:

Sure, here ya go. 

NES Overlay

Thank you so much! I'll share when I finish it. Started last night by adding the red on light, changing the perspective of the SNES to fit on this table. I'll keep it close to the feel of this one. I like your idea of the arcade cabinet. Maybe I'll put one in. Really thank you so much! Had so much fun playing last night because of your NES Room. Really makes a difference

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, kinda disappointed in myself for only getting 2 done and not having the time I thought I would to do all the main consoles. Each one took longer than I thought it would with all the masking out and stuff in Photoshop.

Cooper has done a good job taking over with the templates I sent him...maybe he can finish what I started :)