LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for an Auto Hotkey Swapping Solution?

dmjohn0x

Anyone know of a controller to keyboard mapper that I can setup to automatically swap button assignments based on what im running?

Basically, 
I'd like to lunch a flash game that uses odd keyboard keys for controls, but once i exit said title and launch say, an rpg maker game, i'd like the keys on my 360 controller to rebind. (Neither games have controller support so i need a tool like Joytokey but i cant figure out how to make specific profiles for specific games.

You might be able to use the "Additional Apps" tool in Launchbox to pass a command to load the profile on game load and then another one to load a default or unload Joy2Key on close. Depending on how many games you have to do this with though it could be very time consuming to do all of them.

I am not an expert with the additional apps and joy2key though so maybe someone else more knowledgeable on these things might be able to give a better answer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

You might be able to use the "Additional Apps" tool in Launchbox to pass a command to load the profile on game load and then another one to load a default or unload Joy2Key on close. Depending on how many games you have to do this with though it could be very time consuming to do all of them.

I am not an expert with the additional apps and joy2key though so maybe someone else more knowledgeable on these things might be able to give a better answer.

I tried passing the cfg as an argument  using this method and just got weird errors. So if this is doable, im too stupid to figure it out.

Create an "Additional App" for the game you want to run JoyToKey with your custom config. Browse and locate JoyToKey. In the Application command line parameters enter your config including the full path and the "", for example:

"D:\Emu\JoyToKey\game_controls.cfg"

Check the box to run Before main application.

Hi @dmjohn0x

I've never used JoyToKey, but I have used XPadder and you can make a pair of Additional Apps per game to open a game profile before the game runs and close xPadder when you exit the game.

Here is a useful link for XPadder:
http://xpadder.com/forum4/viewforum.php?f=7

And here are example images for the 2 Add Apps. Your paths and game profile name will be different.

And in the Edit Application Auto-Run tab
for the Start XPadder Add App tick the Auto Run before Main App box
for the Close XPadder Add App tick the Auto Run after Main App box

start-xpadder.PNG

stop-xpadder.PNG

16 hours ago, dmjohn0x said:

...so i need a tool like Joytokey but i cant figure out how to make specific profiles for specific games.

I answered a similar question once, maybe this might work for you:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/34189-setup-joytokey-with-specific-windows-games/?do=findComment&comment=209962

Edited by IlhanK
  • Like 1