LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-11 Released

Jason Carr

On 3/12/2017 at 3:34 AM, NJDave71 said:

I had a Daphne platform and a second Daphne platform was created when I created an arcade playlist.  

I think some logic should be implemented to check if something exists to not overwrite without being prompted 

Nothing will be overwritten with this process. That said, yeah, we may not want to create a playlist if a platform exists with that same name; I'll look into that.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

To delete a playlist, select Playlists from the dropdown at the top of the left sidebar. Then right click on a playlist and Delete. I'd like to get this added to platforms and platform categories as well to make it easier to edit them from the sidebar.

Thanks Jason. I figured there must be a better way to delete playlists already implemented.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2017 at 3:48 AM, Napalm2016 said:

Hi Everyone

On the latest Beta 11 Ive noticed on some of the playlists but not all the search bar doesnt work correctly when you scroll through the letters it doesnt switch to the selected letter as an example in the video I have selected Capcom Classics which has quite a few games has anyone else had this issue or just me? No biggy maybe this is a bug?

It also continues to work when you get to U

2017-03-12 10-37-48.flv

Thanks @Napalm2016, I'll take a look.

7 hours ago, Var5592 said:

I just updated to the beta and am now getting file system errors 

I just found out that my internal drive is now assigned the letter E despite me never touching that. 

Is there a way to change assigned directories within Launchbox? The file system is intact but it is all assigned to the D drive letter

beta.PNG

Yes, on a platform-by-platform basis, using Tools > Manage Platforms. Are you keeping everything inside the LaunchBox folder?

Jason can I ask you does setting MAME scraping as Arcade set to North America, and Arcade set to North America look for different versions of each game? For example when I deleted my Arcade platform and created a MAME platform (for Rocket Launcher) and re-added my MAME games I ended up with different game versions, I know because I had to set up my controller again for the new versions. Is this a bug or has something changed in the way launchbox adds MAME games??

22 hours ago, Sir BLaDE said:

The downloads still remains slow or it is just for me ? Right now 10 min for 40% of the new beta

Application downloads are coming from Amazon S3 for the time being, which should absolutely fly. If the download is slow for you currently, it's almost guaranteed to be on your end at this point.

16 hours ago, Levo_Stone said:

Jason can I ask you does setting MAME scraping as Arcade set to North America, and Arcade set to North America look for different versions of each game? For example when I deleted my Arcade platform and created a MAME platform (for Rocket Launcher) and re-added my MAME games I ended up with different game versions, I know because I had to set up my controller again for the new versions. Is this a bug or has something changed in the way launchbox adds MAME games??

Not fully following, but yes, we've changed/improved the way MAME imports work several times over the past months.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Application downloads are coming from Amazon S3 for the time being, which should absolutely fly. If the download is slow for you currently, it's almost guaranteed to be on your end at this point.

I really have no idea of what the problem is, if you see my ping response is already 100ms wich is the usual from USA and i have 300mb of bandwidth so.... :/

Captura.PNG

On 3/13/2017 at 3:50 PM, DOS76 said:

@Var5592 go into disk management in Windows and change the drive letter back to D

Thank you for the advice. For some reason my drive was changed on its own. I have no idea how. 

After changing my drive letter to D which was where LB was looking for image files, now when clicking the playstation platform which worked when drive letter was E, I get that file path error. 

Some of my other platforms are no longer displaying their images either. 

Can I change image paths in the config folder? Is it easier to just delete a file and restart all paths?

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

You can edit paths with Notepad++ just go into the Data folder and then into the platforms subfolder and you should see xml files for all of your platforms

my file system is contained inside Launchboxs file system. Inside the platform xml files there is no mention of drive letter. There is also no mention of image file paths either. 

My guess is that I should just delete the platform and re-import games? N64 platform game path works but the photos for all views are gone. Files exist in correct path however. 

Right its in a relative path then and probably just says \Games\Platform or something similar. In NP++ then you would go to find and replace and find that path and then you would replace it with another but if you files are in the LB folder structure they should be completely portable

Edited by DOS76