LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-11 Released

Jason Carr

Great update Jason.   Thank you.  I notice that some of my auto-generated playlists are empty or missing games.  So I looked at the XML file to see what the ROM name is and looked for it in my MAME folder.  The ROM is there.  The next thing I did was go to the playlist and click "edit."  You've included a tab that says "Games."  When I look at that list, I think I understand why some games are missing.  My platform is named "MAME."  I did this for convenience with Rocket Launcher.  The games that I'm missing are all in platform "ARCADE."

I had thought using MAME or ARCADE didn't matter.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, Coptimus said:

Great update Jason.   Thank you.  I notice that some of my auto-generated playlists are empty or missing games.  So I looked at the XML file to see what the ROM name is and looked for it in my MAME folder.  The ROM is there.  The next thing I did was go to the playlist and click "edit."  You've included a tab that says "Games."  When I look at that list, I think I understand why some games are missing.  My platform is named "MAME."  I did this for convenience with Rocket Launcher.  The games that I'm missing are all in platform "ARCADE."

I had thought using MAME or ARCADE didn't matter.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

i also have one or maybe two empy platforms generated.  also out of curiosity how man platforms are supposed to be made ?

I also named Arcade to MAME for the sake of Rocketlauncher and a lot of the playlists are empty or missing loads of games. I tried editing the playlist with notepad++ to change "Arcade" to "Mame" but it made no difference. I think the Playlists are a great feature so I would like to get them working....

2 hours ago, Levo_Stone said:

I also named Arcade to MAME for the sake of Rocketlauncher and a lot of the playlists are empty or missing loads of games. I tried editing the playlist with notepad++ to change "Arcade" to "Mame" but it made no difference. I think the Playlists are a great feature so I would like to get them working....

Ironically...I also edited the playlist xml with notepad++ with the same results.

After deleting my Arcade library instead of just renaming it to MAME, and deleting all files I could find to do with Arcade and deleting the playlists then completely re-adding my MAME and adding it as MAME when selecting platform and not Arcade and then re importing the MAME library from scratch it appears that the playlists appear correctly, I can't be completely sure if ALL the games for the playlists are there but there is certainly more than before, Having said that I'm only halfway through importing a 8000 game MAME library but so far things are looking better.

EDIT: Unfortunately this did not solve the problem, Yes I appear to have a few more games in my library but the playlists still list some games as arcade and they don't show up.

Edited by Levo_Stone

Hi Everyone

On the latest Beta 11 Ive noticed on some of the playlists but not all the search bar doesnt work correctly when you scroll through the letters it doesnt switch to the selected letter as an example in the video I have selected Capcom Classics which has quite a few games has anyone else had this issue or just me? No biggy maybe this is a bug?

It also continues to work when you get to U

2017-03-12 10-37-48.flv

Edited by Napalm2016

2 hours ago, NJDave71 said:

I had a Daphne platform and a second Daphne platform was created when I created an arcade playlist.  

I think some logic should be implemented to check if something exists to not overwrite without being prompted 

This happened to me too, but to be clear, LaunchBox does not overwrite anything. I was worried because I don't use my MAME pack roms for Naomi. All you need to do is go to the playlist view in LaunchBox and delete the Daphne playlist. Then when you change your view back to platforms you will see the Daphne that you created manually.