LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-12 Released

Jason Carr

Beta 12 is out now guys; we added adding games to *new* playlists in Big Box in the live stream this morning, as well as fixed the titles not updating properly bug in LaunchBox when changing the Arrange By types. Let me know if anyone is seeing any unexpected prefixes in the game titles going forward.

Also, more importantly, I'm pretty sure I've *finally* fixed the dreaded sidebar sorting bug. It turns out that it was only happening with the actually released versions, and not in debug versions at all, which made it really hard to track. I'm still blaming a .NET bug because it shouldn't have been happening, but I think I've forced a fix for it. Let me know if anyone is still seeing any sorting issues with the sidebar. :)

• Like 9

For me, in this build, platform sorting is correct, except in the case that the first four sidebar options are all checked (All, None, Exists and Counts). If any one of those is not checked, everything sorts correctly. Aligning the counts doesn't seem to have any effect on the order.

Edit: Playlists seem to always sort correctly now regardless of the sidebar options. In the previous build, having the All option enabled would screw up their order.

Edit #2: In case it's relevant, all my platforms have a custom sort title in the form "N YYYY-MM-DD", where N is 0 for arcade, 1 for console, 2 for handheld, 3 for computer, and YYYY-MM-DD is the release date.

Edited by prolecat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

The platforms themselves seem to be fixed for me now but unfortunately, the platform categories don't. They are still in non-alphabetical order when “Show All” is checked. When I un-check it everything is fine.

All is checked:

all.thumb.jpg.350df9ab45cbbafd7de2f2c0cae8ac13.jpgAll is un-checked;

not_all.thumb.jpg.303c959a730ceb3888c15d7be4703809.jpg

I get this as well, but only if neither (None) or (Exists) are checked. Enabling either or both fixes the order.

• Like 1

Just tested it and it seems that it works slightly different for me. The platform categories are correctly sorted if I have none or all three “Show” options checked. If I only check one or two of these (doesn’t matter which ones) it gets out of order.

The platforms themselves are definitely fixed on my end because unlike the categories they aren't affected by these settings anymore.

Did you check the platform sorting in the Platforms view or only in Platform Categories? For me, the platforms are only out of order under the conditions I described above and only in Platforms view. Under categories, the platforms themselves always seem correct.

14 minutes ago, prolecat said:

Did you check the platform sorting in the Platforms view or only in Platform Categories? For me, the platforms are only out of order under the conditions I described above and only in Platforms view. Under categories, the platforms themselves always seem correct.

I checked both while testing, that's why I've said that I'm defintely sure that the sorting issue for platforms is now fixed for me ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I checked both while testing, that's why I've said that I'm defintely sure that the sorting issue for platforms is now fixed for me ;)

K, just trying to make sure we're giving Jason accurate information, since this bug's gotta be driving him a bit crazy at this point :). I forget that the Platform Categories view even exists since I always just use Platforms, so the opposite could be true for other people.

Edited by prolecat

Hello Jason,

For some reason I can not get the upgrade I get this error "Unable to download update: An exception occurred during a WebClient request" it starts ok but gets to about 1/4 of the way then this error, any glue what is going on here?

Thanks

Dave

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

In the launchbox folder is a update folder go in there and sort by date, then reinstall the newest version you have.

Will that overwrite my stuff? Do i install it do a different folder and just grab the exe or do i install it to my current folder with my fully installed lb install?