LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-13 Released

Jason Carr

I'm bumping this as it was an edit at the end of a longer post.

When I look at the playlists in Launchbox, they are near perfect.  However, when I look at my playlists in BigBox, I have multiple duplicates across all of the auto created playlists.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Edited by Coptimus

Just now, Coptimus said:

I'm bumping this as it was an edit at the end of a longer post.

When I look at the playlists in Launchbox, they are near perfect.  However, when I look at my playlists in BigBox, I have multiple duplicates across all of the auto created playlists.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Sorry I missed that @Coptimus. Can you zip up and share your Data folder so I can test?

I actually meant to report a similar thing back in the first beta with playlist support. As I recall, I had added some arcade games to playlists, then deleted all games from the platform and reimported, I then added the new games back into the same lists. In LaunchBox, only one entry showed up in the playlist, but in BigBox there were duplicates. It appears that the new import created games with a different ID but the same title (or maybe just the same rom name, don't remember for sure). The playlist XML file had both the old and new entries.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

It is encrypted, yes, but encrypted or not, it's still a security concern sharing it around.

yeah, of course. i just wanted to make sure it was encrypted and not just obfuscated or something :)

Just now, ckp said:

yeah, of course. i just wanted to make sure it was encrypted and not just obfuscated or something :)

It is encrypted, so people aren't going to be able to easily get the actual password, but still, someone could load it up and *use* the credentials in LaunchBox, because they're in there all configured. So if anyone has any of those lying around, it would probably be good to delete them.

How does the rename platform work?
If I rename Arcade to Mame, the platform gets renamed and everything looks fine.
Then I close and open Launchbox and the platform is back as Arcade. The Mame platform is also there in "Manage Platforms", but has no games.
This happens regardless which platform you try to rename.
Is it supposed to be this way, or is this a bug?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by audunv

Just now, audunv said:

How does the rename platform work?

If I rename Arcade to Mame, the platform gets renamed and everything looks fine.

Then I close and open Launchbox and the platform is back as Arcade. The Mame platform is also there in "Manage Platforms", but has no games.

This happens regardless which platform you try to rename. 

Is it supposed to be this way, or is this a bug?

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I'll test this out; we had some previous similar issues but I thought I had them fixed. I assume you're on the latest beta, @audunv?

45 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Coptimus, I just got that duplicates issue fixed for the next beta. Thank you very much for pointing that out. It wasn't a common occurrence, but apparently was happening between multiple imports and such, somehow.

Will the new beta also correct the missing games in the playlists or do i also have to delete the playlists and reimport mame with clones and filters to correct the missing games? 

I am having the same problem as coptimius.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@Coptimus, I just got that duplicates issue fixed for the next beta. Thank you very much for pointing that out. It wasn't a common occurrence, but apparently was happening between multiple imports and such, somehow.

Won't be able to test for a few days, but trust you got it done. Thanks a lot @Jason Carr.  You and the team continue to impress.