LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-13 Released

Jason Carr

When I use the clear images not used anymore, is it normal that the videos are not cleaned ?

For example, if I delete "game A", then I click on "clear unused images", all the images linked to "Game A" are deleted (front box, logo etc ...) but the video linked to "Game A" doesn't.

I've recently imported 2k+ Mame Games then make a selection (187 games) but the video folder for Mame remains a huge space of videos. And it will be time consuming to check which video I've have to delete.

So is it normal or a bug on my side ? :) (I'm on the latest beta)

It isn't a bug it is just the way that the program works. Clean up images doesn't imply that it cleans up videos just images. I've seen this discussed in the past and it is definitely a needed feature that hasn't found its way into LB yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Yup, it's out! :)

Didn't mean to blow a announcement or anything, just opened up lunchbox to add a pc game and there it was. :) I assume the early morning release "your time" means that bug was squished then. Going to be a lot of happy people with this release I think. :) 

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Didn't mean to blow a announcement or anything, just opened up lunchbox to add a pc game and there it was. :) I assume the early morning release "your time" means that bug was squished then. Going to be a lot of happy people with this release I think. :) 

No worries! Already made the announcements and such. The bug didn't happen at all between yesterday and this morning, so yup, I can only assume it's fixed.

You know what they say about assumption! :) but yeah great work as always Jason adding features and squishing bugs, don't know how you manage to do it all by yourself. Lunchbox just keeps getting better and better. As I said I think a lot of people will be very happy with this release, especially the arcade playlist part. Keep up the great work fella. :) 

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'm not sure if it's been mentioned  recently but I'm seeing a few strange things having imported my 183 non merged MAME set. I left everything as default, only  selecting to import originals. The import completed with no errors and the various playlists were created. Just having a quick browse through capcom classics as an example, and for some strange reason a Atari ST game and a Wii U game have showed up in this playlist. Willow and Super Mario Maker or the ones I've found so far.

Just thought I point this out....

Just updated to the current stable release I believe

4 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

Hey guys! I'm not sure if it's been mentioned  recently but I'm seeing a few strange things having imported my 183 non merged MAME set. I left everything as default, only  selecting to import originals. The import completed with no errors and the various playlists were created. Just having a quick browse through capcom classics as an example, and for some strange reason a Atari ST game and a Wii U game have showed up in this playlist. Willow and Super Mario Maker or the ones I've found so far.

Just thought I point this out....

Just updated to the current stable release I believe

Well, that's a new one.!!! Mmm

It is a bit strange and since posting I've discovered a few more. Mercy for the ST although the capcom arcade version is present and Strider for the ST. So it appears the  games in some of the other platform are getting linked to the arcade playlist? Having just discovered the ST game strider I thought to check the ST platform and sure enough when I popped into the games list the wheel strarted from Strider in the ST list. 

I'm happily deleting the games from the playlists but it would be nice to know why it's happening

Games also show in Capcom CPS 1, not the Wii U game however. I'm happy to look at other lists if needed, I'll stop right now Deleting in case it's wise to start listing these games

Edited by InfinityFox

1 minute ago, InfinityFox said:

It is a bit strange and since posting I've discovered a few more. Mercy for the ST although the capcom arcade version is present and Strider for the ST. So it appears the  games in some of the other platform are getting linked to the arcade playlist? Having just discovered the ST game strider I thought to check the ST platform and sure enough when I popped into the games list the wheel strarted from Strider in the ST list. 

I'm happily deleting the games from the playlists but it would be nice to know why it's happening

OK, again that is really really weird, Do you use mame for atari St? Does that even make sense? Sorry never emulated the St.

I have an idea as to what might be happening here; I think it has to do with ROM file names that match one of the MAME ROM file names. I might just need to add additional restrictions in there for platform when I populate the playlists. Sucks that I didn't get a fix in there before the official release, but I'll take a look for the next beta.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

I have an idea as to what might be happening here; I think it has to do with ROM file names that match one of the MAME ROM file names. I might just need to add additional restrictions in there for platform when I populate the playlists. Sucks that I didn't get a fix in there before the official release, but I'll take a look for the next beta.

OK, cool. Had never seen that before.

Sure will start something now

Capcom Classics playlist (show the following games)

(Wii U) Super Mario Maker

(Atari ST) Willow, Strider, Mercs, Commando, 

(Final Burn Alpha) Dokaben, Dugeons and Dragons Shadow over Mystara, Dark Stalkers, Capcom Sports Club, Capcom Bowling

Capcom CPS-1

(Wii U) Super Mario Maker (I deleted this in the above playlist but all games above appear in CPS-1 so I assume it would have been here also)

(Atari ST) Willow, Strider, Mercs

Capcom CPS-2

(Atari ST) 1944,

Here is a start to the list, I have an early start tomorrow so I'll have to continue this at a later date. I also have the FBA collection imported into LB that Brad mentions in his tutorial and it appears some of those games are showing in some of the playlist. I kind of jumped around a bit but decided to concentrate first on the Campcom Classic.

I hope this helps until I can get the list finished, maybe this is unique to me :)

In answer to your question, all I did was a mame import and let LB create the playlists, apart from that I don't recall doing much more

Edited by InfinityFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, InfinityFox said:

Sure will start something now

Capcom Classics playlist (show the following games)

(Wii U) Super Mario Maker

(Atari ST) Willow, Strider, Mercs, Commando, 

(Final Burn Alpha) Dokaben, Dugeons and Dragons Shadow over Mystara, Dark Stalkers, Capcom Sports Club, Capcom Bowling

Capcom CPS-1

(Wii U) Super Mario Maker (I deleted this in the above playlist but all games above appear in CPS-1 so I assume it would have been here also)

(Atari ST) Willow, Strider, Mercs

Capcom CPS-2

(Atari ST) 1944,

Here is a start to the list, I have an early start tomorrow so I'll have to continue this a a later date. I also have the FBA collection imported into LB the Brad mentions in his tutorial and it appears some of those games are showing in some of the playlist. I kind of jumped around a bit but decided to concentrate first on the Campcom Classic.

I hope this helps until I can get the list finished, maybe this is unique to me :)

In answer to your question, all I did was a mame import and let LB create the playlists, apart from that I don't recall doing much more

Cheers fella, very helpful. As you can probably see Jason thinks he has solved this for you already!!! But a catalogue of, is much appreciated "just in case"