LaunchBox Community Forums

7.8-beta-13 Released

Jason Carr

Alright guys, beta 13 is here with the following:

- At this point I refuse to say that the sidebar sorting bug is fixed (sigh), but I've gotten farther with it now at least. Let me know how this is fairing for people.

- Platforms can now be managed directly in the sidebar via right-click just like playlists

- Arcade playlists are no longer automatically created if a platform with the same name already exists

- Default-sorted playlists were not sorted properly in Big Box, which was also causing issues with alpha-numeric navigation; this should be fixed

- In order to better support some MAME games that don't have an associated zip file, LaunchBox will no longer complain that the ROM file does not exist if the emulator's "use file name only without file extension or path" box is checked

I think that's it. We're getting there. :)

• Like 12

The Platform and Platform Category sorting issues I had with the last build seem like they may be fixed. Haven't seen anything out of order in this build in any permutation of the sidebar options I've tried so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prolecat said:

The Platform and Platform Category sorting issues I had with the last build seem like they may be fixed. Haven't seen anything out of order in this build in any permutation of the sidebar options I've tried so far.

Woot? :)

@Jason Carr The sorting bug also seems to be fixed for me as well. Another bug I saw regarding sorting was fixed too.

Last beta, beta 12, whenever I clicked a different platform (when in platform view) a few platforms would flicker in a different spot as if it was trying to sort them incorrectly again. It is hard to explain and LaunchBox updated to beta 13 before I could even get a screenshot and or any means of demonstrating it to you. Either way, it was fixed but I want to help as much as I can including bug reporting.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to have the playlists view in Bigbox be different than the platforms view? For example: in playlists view, hide recent games, favorite games, and number of games. I know the ability to have separate views based on which platform you are in was added recently, I was wondering if the same could be done between platforms and playlists.

Edited by johnugamer
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

- In order to better support some MAME games that don't have an associated zip file, LaunchBox will no longer complain that the ROM file does not exist if the emulator's "use file name only without file extension or path" box is checked

That means that you can now use merged MAME sets without any problems... Thanks for this!

• Like 1

This morning I was deleting duplicate images after I imported roms for the PS2 and thought about what @Jason Carr mentioned on the live stream yesterday regarding the recent increased in activity the cost associated to users downloading media.

This was probably suggested before but just in case, I would like to propose that at some point, the "Import > ROM files" and "Download Metadata and Media..." functions performs some kind of hash comparison (between the local user's image and the remote image) prior to downloading an image the user already has. As you can see in the attached screenshot and Log file, you will notice that the current "Import > ROM files" feature often downloads an image twice and sometimes 3 times. This current behavior leads to the following impacts:

• Increased disk space consumption on the users's disk
  • Increased upload traffic from the games database server

Note: The hash comparison displayed on the screenshot is a simple CRC32 check.

I'm not looking for a solution for myself (since I can always clean those duplicates - after import) but I thought this may be something of interest in a future release. ;)

1.png

Audit Media.txt

Edited by Pacman56
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 4:50 PM, Kriven said:

Are Playlists supposed to only work in Big Box? Whenever I click a playlist in LaunchBox, the screen is blank... doesn't populate with games.

Playlists should definitely be working in LaunchBox; this is the first I'm hearing of any issues there. Can you zip up and share your Data folder with me so I can test?

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 7:10 PM, Newlander said:

hey guys , i updated to the beta and have created mame playlists , downloaded playlist videos have downloaded but not the platform logos , how can i force them to download?

Platform logos will be included with LaunchBox before the official release, but they're not there in the latest beta yet.

On 3/15/2017 at 9:12 AM, johnugamer said:

Would it be possible to have the playlists view in Bigbox be different than the platforms view? For example: in playlists view, hide recent games, favorite games, and number of games. I know the ability to have separate views based on which platform you are in was added recently, I was wondering if the same could be done between platforms and playlists.

I'll take a look at the code and see if this would be easy to add. I'm wrapping things up for release, so I'm hesitant to add too much more new stuff, but I'll take a look. :)

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'll take a look at the code and see if this would be easy to add. I'm wrapping things up for release, so I'm hesitant to add too much more new stuff, but I'll take a look. :)

Awesome! I think it would be a nice feature especially considering how popular the playlists feature is becoming.

• Like 1

@Jason CarrHere's the Data folder as well as some screenshots to illustrate the trouble I'm having. When a Playlist is selected from the Playlists menu, no games will appear. When a Platform Category which contains playlists is selected, no playlist games appear. Games only appear when a playlist is directly selected from the platform category it lives in.

Data.zip

Platform Categories - no games.png

Platform Categories + Playlists = Games.png

playlist view - no games.png