LaunchBox Community Forums

SOLVED Chinese spam

neil9000

• neil9000 changed the title to SOLVED Chinese spam

Thank you guys for helping out with all that crap. There is a plugin I can install to eliminate it, but unfortunately it ends up causing issues for people trying to register (basically it blocks certain known-spamming areas of the world). Did a wonderful job of blocking spam, but blocked too many legitimate people lol.

Thank you guys! I'll go ahead and make you both moderators; however, please understand that as moderators you are held to a much higher standard than the rest of the community, so it is extremely important that you are always respectful and kind, and never condescending or combative. I don't think you guys will have a problem with that though. ;)

Let me know if you guys are still up for it and I'll make you both moderators. :)

• Like 2

@nikeymikey we do fully appreciate your offer to volunteer but the myself and other moderators do not feel it is appropriate that someone that is so new to the forums be handed moderator privileges so quickly. We do hope you continue to contribute and be an active member here on the forums and if you want to join us on the Discord channel as well you are more than welcome.

Then after some time of getting to know you more we could then re consider you for moderator.

I agree. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I think it would be premature at this point to put you in a moderator position @nikeymikey. I don't think you've been a member long enough or active enough to warrant that at this point. That's not to say that it wouldn't be a good fit eventually, so long as you stick around and are active on the forums for a while.