LaunchBox Community Forums

Modern Mini

vsilvalopes

Modern Mini

View File

This is a theme based on two themes.

One is ClassicMini from @Grila https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35204-classicmini/

And the unfinished theme "Red 84" from @Jegeroel https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35634-red-84/

This theme is only possible with the helping hand from @Grila and his magic (and fast) codding skills.
I only did the layouts (Kinda, because mostly it's based on what Grila did and Jegeroel) but I did some touches here and there.

Also, I strongly recomend using @reignstumble console Artwork Packs : https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/33483-reignstumble-console-artwork-pack/

The main focus is to have the video playing in the Background and launch the game right away.
But if you want more info about the game (like the ROM filename) take a look on the details page.I've been using this theme for about two weeks, and haven't encountered any problem on it.

If someone needs the PSD files, so they can change the buttons layout, feel free to PM me and I release the file.

Again, it wouldn't not be possible with the help of Grila!
I hope you guys enjoy it!

Edit : Small video of it in Action : 

Edited by vsilvalopes
  • Like 7

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong as i am unable to get bigbox to change the platform pictures, I've tried putting them in each of the image folders in the theme folder and i can get them displayed as the background image but not as the main image

Edited by DaveMon

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me sharing this here... I've made some modifications to your theme for my own uses, but I thought maybe other people would like some of it. If you (or any of the other people whose resources/code might have been used here) want me to remove the download, I will. If anybody decides to use this, just keep in mind that I'm not actually knowledgeable about XAML or any other coding language, really, and I just monkey with things until they were in a state that I liked.

Icons.thumb.png.b186d87444239dca57740e2ab9762076.pngFavorite and Complete icons can now be seen in the games list, as well as Star Ratings. Additionally, if you have movies in your collection, I've included some coding for the specific resolutions (SD, HD720, HD1080, UHD) which are linked to their Status metadata (although that can be easily changed to suit anybody's particular needs). The icons are also more colored in than before to help them stand out. Additionally, the "BigBox" logo is now a permanent fixture, to add a more consistent feel to the theme. The new clock feature is also shared by every view.

ESRB.thumb.png.bb2e0dd62405bc10a534ddfacb793611.pngHere we get a look at some games. Where movies have their resolutions, video games have their content ratings (NR, RP, EC, E, E10+, T, M, and AO all work. Just make sure your ratings are all "E - Everyone" format). You can also see that Favorite and Complete icons are present but not filled in. The outlines are ever-present, and are filled in when appropriate. Again, this is for the sake of consistency. You'll see the same thing with the Star Ratings. Here you can also see the the games' clear logos are replaced with a platform silver ring. This is because clear logos are kind of superfluous given the clean title just above the box art. This also better facilitates browsing through playlists with games from multiple platforms. I've only gone to the trouble of adding the platforms I personally use. It shouldn't be any trouble for somebody to go in and add their own if they want to, but I will also add them upon request if people are interested. I would prefer if a silver ring already exists, however. (Also, whatever silver rings are needed for the theme are included in the core images folder).

OperatingSystems.thumb.png.6145ca7fb3266cb1b5baf9cf8a838d59.pngYou can see I've made similar changes to the Game Menu here. The most notable and unexpected change would be the replacement of the File Directory with the games' Series metadata, which I use to track which operating systems that particular .iso or .exe will be compatible with. I've also changed the margins for the box art a bit, to better center it. This theme is being worked on specifically with my tile style box fronts in mind, but it still works nicely with other image types.

TimeSize.zip

• Like 2

I've been using this theme for a short while and love it. Only problem I have is that the list is a little small. Would it be possible to remove the console icon in the bottom left, move the details rectangle over to its space and extend the game list down further? I have no knowledge of theme design so I wouldn't even know where to start trying it myself :P

That's absolutely perfect. I played about a bit changing colours, but I'd never be able to work out the placements of all the objects :P

Out of curiosity, what parts of the XAML did you change to accomplish this? Was it just changing coordinates?

Edited by DjBlades

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/19/2017 at 9:49 PM, oxJRxo said:

This is a stupid question but I can't find a answer anywhere.

Where do I put the reignstumble console Artwork Pack folder to get all the console pictures to show up in the Modern Mini theme on Bigbox?

Mega Thanks.

tmp_14093-20170419_204450-1747132085.jpg

Same problem here. I added them to Themes\ModernMini\Images\Platforms\Devices but the default platform banner still displays in place of the console image. Any  help out there?

• 9 months later...