LaunchBox Community Forums

What system do you have?

thraxlol

Hey guys, 

I'm curious as to what systems every has configured in Launchbox! Just about everyone has the classics like NES, SNES, Master System, etc... and there's plenty of tutorials for some more obscure or older systems - but I'm curious as to what you guys actually bother configuring and have collections for. Personally I have the below list, which is a bit more expansive than anyone really NEEDS, as there's literally thousands of titles that are never going to get a play - but that doesn't stop me from wanting more :) What do you guys have? A few more than I have but don't have configured are things like eXoDOS, WineXo, and Xbox (which can't be emulated if I'm correct? I just have the game images).

3DO
32X
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Bandai Wonderswan Colour
Colecovision
Laserdisc
MAME
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Nintendo64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Game Boy Advanced
Nintendo Game Boy Colour
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Philips CD-i
Sega CD 32X
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo
Turbografx-16
Zinc

I added a "LaunchBox" system and added things like LaunchBox Youtube ( in youtube couch mode) so it looks like it does on consoles. Then i added LaunchBox forums, YT SimpleAustin, YT Metal Jesus and many more websites like walkthrus and rom downloading sites. It is all open in Chrome Kiosk mode so its like full screen chrome with no boarders so it doesn't break the illusion that your are on a pc.... its all navigated by a controller as well.

• Like 3

I have the following platforms in LaunchBox/Big Box:

Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari Lynx
CPS1
CPS2
CPS3
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket Colour
Nintendo64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Colour
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii (including WiiWare)
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Atomiswave
Sega 32X
SegaMega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Megadrive
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
NAOMI (including NAOMI 2 and Hikaru)
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo
SuperGrafx
Turbografx-16 (including PC Engine games)
Turbografx-16 CD  (including PC Engine CD games)
Windows (all indie stuff, I use Steam for AAA games)

With the release of 7.8 this week I now also have playlists for all the "Classics" in the Arcade platform.

I have Kodi set up too so that I can access Big Box and Steam Big Picture from the menu. I love it!

I have the following:

3DO
Amiga
Arcade (which I use as a catchall for everything that isn't CPS-1, CPS-2, Neo Geo, Atomiswave, Naomi, Model 2, and TTX - including CPS-3 because I didn't see the point in having an entire platform for 6 games)
Atari 8-bit (which is a custom platform for Atari 800 + Atari XEGS because I don't know why these are in separate platforms in the DB - yes the hardware itself was slightly different but the games themselves are literally the same, XEGS packaging was just rebranding; it would be like having separate platforms for Playstation and PSOne)
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari ST
Atomiswave
Capcom CPS-1
Capcom CPS-2
Classic PC
(this is a custom platform I made for post-DOS PC games that are at least 10 years old - Thief, Gothic 2, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, etc. I felt weird lumping these games in with modern PC stuff)
Commodore 64
MS-DOS
Mugen
Neo Geo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo Gamecube
ScummVM
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega Model 2
Sega Naomi
Sega Saturn
Sharp X68000
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo (SNES)
Taito Type X
TurboGrafx-16
TurboGrafx-CD
Windows 
(this is a combination of Steam and GOG games that I've manually imported - I don't have a separate Steam platform because doing the built-in Steam import just dumps your entire catalog of owned Steam games regardless of whether or not they're installed)

I just cleaned house recently and ditched some of my systems and merged a lot of the Arcade stuff. Current set up is as is:

Arcade - everything lumped in, f it

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

NEC PC Engine

NEC PC Engine CD

NEC SuperGrafx

NEC TurboGrafx 16

NEC TurboGrafx CD

Nintendo 64

Nintendo Game Boy

Nintendo Game Boy Color

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo Wii/WiiWare mix

Sega 32X

Sega CD

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Game Gear

Sega Genesis

Sega Master System

SNK Neo Geo AES

SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color

Sony Playstation

Sony Playstation 2

Sony PSP

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

AAE
Amstrad CPC
Amstrad GX4000
Arcade (Mame)
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari 8-Bit
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Atari St
Bally Astrocade
Bandai WonderSwan Color
ColecoVision
Commodore 64
Commodore Amiga
Commodore Amiga CD32
Commodore CDTV
Fairchild Channel F
Fujitsu FM Towns
GCE Vectrex
Laserdisc
Magnavox Odyssey
Magnavox Odyssey 2
Mattel Intellivision
Microsoft MS-Dos
Microsoft Windows
Microsoft MSX
Microsoft MSX 2
Microsoft MSX 2+
NEC PC Engine
NEC PC Engine-CD
NEC PC-FX
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC TurboGrafx-16
NEC TurboGrafx-CD
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64 DD
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Famicom
Nintendo Famicom Disk System
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Super Famicom
Nintendo Super Game Boy
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo WiiWare
Panasonic 3DO
PopCap Games
Sammy Atomiswave
ScummVM
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega Model 2
Sega Model 3
Sega Naomi
Sega Saturn
Sega SG-1000
Sinclair ZX Spectrum
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo MVS
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
Sony PlayStation
Sony PlayStation 2
Sony PSP
Sony PSP Minis
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Taito Type X
Touhou Project
Watara Supervision

Is everyone calling Daphne, Laserdisc now? Just curious. Can't believe no-one does pinball. Really missing out! I'm at work and can't give you my list of platforms from here but some that I don't see that I have - American Laser Games, Future Pinball, Visual Pinball, Pinball-FX, Jukebox, Comics, Magazines. But, I guess you did ask "what systems?" which a lot of those are not systems per-se but hell, why not add those too? LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thraxlol said:

Wow, cool idea! How do you find the browsing and stuff with a controller?... do you use an onscreen keyboard?

Really good actually. I use controller compainion its on steam and its a bloody god send. It has its own "virtual keyboard" that is made for controllers... the mouse movement is also great.... i don't even have a mouse n keyboard connected up at all. And i can download,unzip and add roms to my system with ease with out a need for a mouse or keyboard.

• Like 1

How do you find Visual Pinball - presumably on a regular screen?

Prior to startig with Launchbox, this PC was actually the guts of a virtual pinball cabinet I was making and was loaded with VP and FP tables, as well as PinballFX2 adn TBA from Steam.... I gave up because I couldn't be bothered building a custom pinball shell, and I live very enarby Arcooda who have a professional virtual pinball arcade due for release this year so I figure I'd rather just buy one of them than constantly re-do all the f*cking around it takes to setup a virtual pinball of my own (for anyone that's considering it, to do it really nicely there is a metric ass-load of customization you need to do for the displays and every individual table you download, not to mention creating your own video media etc). 

Anyway.... I'm guessing putting it in LB essentially just launches it in a pretty way to play it 'as it was made' for a desktop?

Damn, that's a hell of a list @Styphelus!

On top of what I currently have I also need to add the assorted Pinball software and Steam, and I'm hanging for an importer for WineXo and eXoDOS as I've got this sitting here too. Beyond that I need to go searching for any other systems as I don't have the files for them. GameCube really interests me, but not Wii and Wii U etc.. this PC's purpose is to have USB xbox360 controllers plugged into it and sit in my office for my team to play on in breaks, so I don't need anything as elaborate as motion controls.

So I'm kinda assuming there's no point me chasing down like ZX Spectrum and C64 stuff either, as I don't plan on having a keyboard connected to this thing either unless it's really worth it.

24 minutes ago, thraxlol said:

Anyway.... I'm guessing putting it in LB essentially just launches it in a pretty way to play it 'as it was made' for a desktop?

The Visual Pinball images you see above are actually screenshots (taken with Fraps) of the pinballs as they show on my monitor. In desktop mode (as above) you only need to make very few changes if you get the Desktop VP tables from here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=51&sort_order=desc&sort_key=file_updated&num=10

Edited by Crush

Arcade

Capcom Play System

Capcom Play System II

Capcom Play System III

Cave

SNK Neo Geo MVS

Taito Type X

Amiga

MSX

ScummVM

Windows