LaunchBox Community Forums

Giant Titan Platform Category Logos

GiantTitan

i think you are going to have to download the PSD files and try to add your own comics,mag, etc. artwork behind the text.  I found that the text is gothambold iirc, and you can easily change both text layers to whatever you want.  However, the shadow was custom made with what looks like different shapes behind the text.  You can see it when you turn the text layer off.  So I'd go for just a standard drop shadow and get it as close as you can.  i did that when i added mobile to my platform list.  Unless your really good with doing those shadows by hand.

2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

i think you are going to have to download the PSD files and try to add your own comics,mag, etc. artwork behind the text.  I found that the text is gothambold iirc, and you can easily change both text layers to whatever you want.  However, the shadow was custom made with what looks like different shapes behind the text.  You can see it when you turn the text layer off.  So I'd go for just a standard drop shadow and get it as close as you can.  i did that when i added mobile to my platform list.  Unless your really good with doing those shadows by hand.

I can make the custom text in PS like the original, no problems there, I only need the mags rendered logo, which I am not being able to find a decent one over the web, and was trying to avoid making it myself. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 10:41 AM, Capa said:

Wanted to add a few things to my categories and couldn't duplicate the text so i found a psd online and made these. I upload the psd as well id anyone has use for these.

All Platforms.png

Collections.png

Computers.png

Consoles.png

Favorites.png

Handhelds.png

Pinball.png

Catagories.psd 2.11 MB · 6 downloads

I can't figure out how to get the text to go back to just plain flat setting.  It says there is no text warp on it, So I can't seem to find how it's got the curve on it.

7 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I can't figure out how to get the text to go back to just plain flat setting.  It says there is no text warp on it, So I can't seem to find how it's got the curve on it.

The text was already formatted like that before the save, so there is no way you can "go back" easily to a straight line.

What you can do (assuming you already have the font that this PSD uses [Monologue Black Caps SSi Black Small Caps], is;

• Select the first layer and Ctrl+T to transform
  • Rotate it -0.3 (minus dot three) and Enter (*)
  • Edit the text in each of the three layers to the label you want
  • Select the three layers and Ctrl+E to merge them all into one
  • Ctrl+T to transform
  • Right-click on the layer in the canvas and select "Warp"
  • At the Warp menu on top, select from the drop-down "Arc"
  • Modify the "Bend" value to -6 (minus six) and Enter
  • Do Ctrl+T to transform the layer one more time
  • Rotate it accordingly (this will vary depending on the length of the text). You can use the ruler tool and drag guides from the top.

(*) This step is done because the PSD was not correctly made and the depth was not aligned in the three layers of text. Depending on what you write, you might need to tweak this value.

You will get something like this:

example.thumb.png.1ece765b524904e9dfb49fd2f198410a.png

• Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

• 1 year later...
Just now, Dezmancer said:

Just found these and quite like them, has anyone made an entry for the "Genres" category, perhaps? It's the one thing missing from my wheel list..

No. But someone made a photoshop template with font that is very similar.  I replaced on of mine with it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, Kondorito said:

Hey guys! Sorry for bumping this old topic again.

I am adding the comics/magazines category and wanted to know if somebody already made or has a category logo with the same aesthetics as the ones from this topic. I tried to find something like a book shelf or similar, but was not happy with the results.

I'm sorry for reviving an old post but I want to ask if you still plan to make the logo for magazines, it's the only one I'm missing from this collection to finish, if necessary I can pay for it

5 hours ago, GonzaGPR said:

I'm sorry for reviving an old post but I want to ask if you still plan to make the logo for magazines, it's the only one I'm missing from this collection to finish, if necessary I can pay for it

Hey, I did not find an image I liked at the time (and with the same type of art as the rest), and not long after I started using the BannerBox theme. 

I will surf a little bit tomorrow and see if I can find an image I like, and make a logo. Cannot promise anything though. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...