LaunchBox Community Forums

Giant Titan Platform Category Logos

GiantTitan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

NAILED IT!  Awesome.  @KondoritoDoes the original psd file of your playlist text adapt the 3d effect to any text typed in? 

Also, how do you make a playlist platform category?  I haven't worked much with playlists other than to make them and then either leave the "show as platform category" box checked or uncheck it.  But to have a category FOR all the playlists?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

NAILED IT!  Awesome.  @KondoritoDoes the original psd file of your playlist text adapt the 3d effect to any text typed in? 

Also, how do you make a playlist platform category?  I haven't worked much with playlists other than to make them and then either leave the "show as platform category" box checked or uncheck it.  But to have a category FOR all the playlists?

Hey damageinc; yes and no :)
Any text can be easily made into 3D, and modify its source content afterwards: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1084797

The problem with this particular text Giant Titan made, is that it is not perfect 3D, as the text is facing full front to the user with 90 degrees angles in X and Y, but the depth (Z) is not perpendicular, so I had to skew the layer as an image afterwards. Maybe there is a way of making it all in 3D, but I do not usually work with 3D in PS so my knowledge on that feature is limited.

If you are a PS user, you can follow the simple steps in the thread I posted above, edit the source text and make all your desired ones, and afterwards just Free Transform > Skew the rasterized text image to its sides so it gains back the 90 degrees X/Y.

Thanks! At this point it would probably be easier to remove the text from the original logos, and try to fix them up and fill in the gaps so can start using whatever text we want over them and move forward from there. If we're going to try and make this type of text for everything, it will probably take way longer.

8 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Thanks! At this point it would probably be easier to remove the text from the original logos, and try to fix them up and fill in the gaps so can start using whatever text we want over them and move forward from there. If we're going to try and make this type of text for everything, it will probably take way longer.

Agreed, the problem is that Giant Titan did not post the source files or clean images without the text, and his last access to the forums was almost a year ago.
We could clean the images and remove the texts from them, but I will personally not do it without his permission (I am like that XD ).

Edited by Kondorito

29 minutes ago, GiantTitan said:

Hey guys,

I have been super busy with work to continue working on these but I wanted to share my original PSDs. Do whatever you want with them, no need to credit me or anything.

I apologize in advance about how disorganized the layers are.

Here is the link to download.

Thank you!
No worries about the organization; it tends to happen XD

As a heads-up for anybody using the psds, the arcade one was saved with some of the new version layers turned off, so be sure to turn on Layer 71 and Layer 72 if you want to have the added lights to it. Buttons lights is 73, but was not added to the previous release.

In case users do not have Photoshop but want to have the artwork; here are the logos without the text on top (save for full size):

Arcade.thumb.png.0aaf1ce9da0e4fa6c7dbc9fe331b0e18.pngComputers.thumb.png.c9ee182034a0c418256293d3978c7320.pngConsoles.thumb.png.555349e0fa37e73eb51d22f475561c08.pngHandhelds.thumb.png.0f994d08a9a6918e46205df19058b789.pngPinball.thumb.png.f85feac051717af7b15fa2b8fa00773e.png

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! Sorry for bumping this old topic again.

I am adding the comics/magazines category and wanted to know if somebody already made or has a category logo with the same aesthetics as the ones from this topic. I tried to find something like a book shelf or similar, but was not happy with the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2