LaunchBox Community Forums

KODI website taken down?

neil9000

No, it's not, which is why I still think hack. Either way, like in the video I posted a few posts back, there are several reasons why this is fake. The government generally operates in the same way. It's like when people say the government called them and demanded money from them. There are just certain things the government does, at least public facing, that's the same. There are differences when compared to the notice on the Megaupload site for example too. At least I hope this was a joke, and not from them.

14 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

That's my first guess, but I honestly would doubt it. They were fighting really hard (it seemed) against those resellers. They should be targeted, but they make it look like they're affiliated and no one knows where to swing their big stick at. So they swung at the name they saw.

I work in a computer repair/sale shop and my competition down the street sells Firesticks with Exodus and ever other add on he can find and does not see how its a problem. Drives me crazy

Edited by Hanzou

12 minutes ago, Hanzou said:

I work in a computer repair/sale shop and my competition down the street sells Firesticks with Exodus and ever other add on he can find and does not see how its a problem. Drives me crazy

Yeah if the end user decides to install a piracy add on themselves then that's there call, and they will suffer the consequences if caught. Brazenly selling sticks and boxes with those add ons pre installed should be illegal, and those sellers should be prosecuted in my opinion.

• Like 1

The Kodi website is back, it was their joke as they say in this new:

"Happy April, everyone. Did you miss us? :)

Apologies if we scared you, but you'll have noticed that we've redecorated while you were looking the other way. Some might even suggest that taking the website and forum down for a couple of days was all part of the plan...

However, despite the "seized-and-offline" gag, there's a serious message here. It is genuinely true that we're facing a constant tidal wave of piracy boxes, trademark infringements and erroneous (or outright misleading) news reports. Hardly a day goes past without the Kodi brand getting dragged into the mud somewhere, and it is a continuous and thankless task to push back on that across this forum, Facebook, Twitter, and the press."

• Like 1

Yeah, this actually really disappointed me guys. I found it to be in extremely poor taste. It was bad for them, bad for their users, and practically gave me a heart attack. If the US government ever gets so corrupt that they start going after developers for writing legitimate software that *can* be misused for piracy, then we're all screwed. It's really not a laughing matter, and you'd think they'd be smart enough to realize that the best way to keep themselves out of legal trouble is certainly not to misrepresent the US government and put a big old target on themselves in the process.

• Like 4