LaunchBox Community Forums

Game titles in Bigbox slow to load

syntax_X

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

yeah if it works ok for you that is absolutely fine. I can only speak to my personal observations on my system, but i did notice a difference on my system, but every system is different and your mileage may vary. 

I am pretty new, so we'll see how I go.

Ill report back when I notice something ;)

Edited by syntax_X

I noticed a small bug with Launchbox 7.9 that I have been meaning to report somehow. I don't know if it has been reported before.

If you select "refresh all images" in Launchbox, the forced image cache gets deleted and you have to re-do it. This might be just happening with me, I don't know. If anyone with a small number of games......and doesn't mind doing a Force Cache again, could double check that, that would be great.

Anyone with a large collection of games, that has used Force Cache, don't select "refresh all images" in Launchbox.

Apologies if this has been reported before, and also apologies if I am wrong about this. I feel uncomfortable reporting bugs as I feel like I'm "dissing" Launchbox when infact I absolutely love the program.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

Yea, letting us know whats going on is the only way things get resolved. If no one reports it, we don't know it's an issue. Even if it ended up turning out not to be a bug, us knowing about something is much better than keeping us in the dark; Rincewind is totally correct.

Thanks @JamesBond@ge, yes, that is by design and is not a bug, but I understand how it can be confusing. I believe there is some overlap between the LaunchBox and Big Box caches, which is partially why it behaves like it does. The other thing is, if you change images for a game in LaunchBox, naturally, it will need to recache the images for both.