LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request/Suggestion] Controller icon for each game

avaris

hey, i'll jump straight into showing my photoshopped image of an example:

The image should explain itself but..

Most of us don't use the original controllers for each platform, and even some games like most windows games have very different controllers scheme. So me for example use 3 different controllers for windows games, would be amazing to have an icon and an option in launchbox to set the games to show what controller the game requires, (& perhaps another option to set a desired platform to default a controller)

I guess this could also be made into a plugin, doesn't have to be official now that we have plugin support?

Just thought i'd share my thoughts, yesturday i went through a few of my ideas & i'll be posting more when i see fit.

thanks in adv

• Like 2

The theme I'm using has a way of showing a specific controller per game/per platform. I've been using it for PC games to let me know if it's controller or keyboard based.

Controller.thumb.PNG.f96f457d5e49eea8c9d8291bbf866d27.PNGI've also been using it to label buttons on games. Like in this screenshot, because I have a PS1 controller/USB adapter, but not a genesis one, it's letting me know how it's mapped if I wanna play Mortal Kombat 3. I'm sure that this is something you can do at the theme level, but I don't know how to do it myself, outside of dropping them into a folder in this theme.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pyrometheous said:

The theme I'm using has a way of showing a specific controller per game/per platform. I've been using it for PC games to let me know if it's controller or keyboard based.

Controller.thumb.PNG.f96f457d5e49eea8c9d8291bbf866d27.PNGI've also been using it to label buttons on games. Like in this screenshot, because I have a PS1 controller/USB adapter, but not a genesis one, it's letting me know how it's mapped if I wanna play Mortal Kombat 3. I'm sure that this is something you can do at the theme level, but I don't know how to do it myself, outside of dropping them into a folder in this theme.

This is really cool, although the theme im using really only has place for an icon as showed in my first screenshot. Otherwise i would definitly use this method

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 1:21 PM, Pyrometheous said:

Is that theme available for download.  :)

15 hours ago, jchasa said:

Is that theme available for download.  :)

Yeah, you can download it here. It really is an awesome theme :-) 

Also here are my controller graphics, they aren't all perfect, but I've done the best with what I found and was able to alter at my own skill level.

Controllers.zip

When you make the controller for each game, you'll need to put them within their platform folder. The "primary" controller you would just name it the name of the platform, for the games, just make sure they're in the platform folder, but have the same name that the game shows up as in LB. Due to file name restrictions, I renamed all of my games that had ":" in them and renamed them to be " -" instead. Same goes for the company logos.

Company Logos.zip

And these are the company logos that I added to my Theme folder.

• Like 1