LaunchBox Community Forums

Different Themes for Plattform and Systems?

Chris Kant

Hi together,

at the moment I can only see and use one Theme which have a Plattform, Plattform Kategorie and System view (or different styles there), but I found a great Theme (BigCouch Theme) for the Plattform and Plattform Categories and another Theme for the System / Game view. Is it possible to mix both together?

this are the great Categories and Plattform Views from BigCouch

593401e070f13_Bildschirmfoto2017-06-04um14_45_38.thumb.png.5c0e2e6d1fc5865996083658e959002b.png593401e64edcb_Bildschirmfoto2017-06-04um14_45_53.thumb.png.13ac6cbc50dffd9a33ccc172eb2bb174.png

and CriticalCids Game View is the best I found so far.

593401eb4d6d4_Bildschirmfoto2017-06-04um14_44_28.thumb.png.9f50e7392803a263240b7bfa9afa0cb4.png

I like views with big Videos in it, and would also prefer a view for each game with a bigger video and the Clear Logos could go out automatically. and It would also be great to have the Boxart there as well (kinda Hyperspin I guess).

Edited by Chris Kant

Well I don't want to say its impossible because you aren't talking about using themes for different platforms your talking about taking the gameview.xaml from Critical Zone and adding it to BigCouch I'm not sure if you could just paste it and it would work but there may be small code changes that could make this possible you would need one of the theme makers possible @CriticalCid@Grila@eatkinola or @Maddoc1007 could answer this question for you.

Edited by DOS76

It depends from theme to theme and from view to view on how easy it is to merge parts from different themes together. In this specific case it’s luckily quite easy for you.

Just go in the “Views” folder of the CriticalZone theme and copy the file “Wheel2GamesView.xaml” file. Than go to the “Views” folder of the BigCouch theme and replace the file there with the one from CriticalZone.

Btw. this View will feature the box cover and automatically fade in and out in the upcoming CriticalZone 2.0. So stay tuned ;)

• Like 1