LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 0.187 IS OUT

dov_EL

Excuse the all-caps, but:

AND I JUST UPDATED TO .186 FROM .164 LAST WEEKEND AND SCRAPED IT ALL AND REMOVED THE NON-WORKING ROMS AND MADE EVERYTHING NICE!!!

sigh...

There's no way I'm going through the update procedure again, I'll just get the whole merged set.

4 minutes ago, TheTabman said:

AND I JUST UPDATED TO .186 FROM .164 LAST WEEKEND AND SCRAPED IT ALL AND REMOVED THE NON-WORKING ROMS AND MADE EVERYTHING NICE!!!

sigh...

There's no way I'm going through the update procedure again, I'll just get the whole merged set.

Yeah all you would need to do is grab the 0.186 to 0.187 update pack, it should be pretty small and use clrmamepro to update it.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:05 AM, TheTabman said:

sigh...

There is rarely a notable update to the arcade side any more, so don't stress about getting all the updates.

This month I did something new I went to PD and started the torrent for 186-187 update pack and got the list of files in my torrent client before starting the torrent then I went back to PD and did the same for the full split set when the full set came up and finally calmed down (BitTorrent has issues handling the MAME set but I don't have the option to pick and choose files in QBitTorrent) then I selected none and used the update files to pick the ones I needed for the new set which was 122 files this month so it did take me about 45 minutes to go through and get all the files I wanted then I simply overwrote the files in the MAME 0.186 set.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

There is rarely a notable update to the arcade side any more, so don't stress about getting all the updates.

Yeah, after I had a look at the update notes and a very throughout look at the update procedure with clrmamepro (never used it before), I decided to wait a bit longer until the update has some more tangible benefits.

just know that if you use CLRMAMEPro but you don't update monthly you will need all of the update packs to rebuild correctly so for example if you have 0.186 now and you decide to wait to update until MAME 0.196 you will need to all of the sub sequential update packs that or just get a new full set.

• Like 1