9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Whenever I launch any game in Launchbox, all Crash Bandicoot games, I get sent immediately to a black screen with no sound. I've followed the tutorials on youtube from the Launchbox channel and another tutorial which was the second video when i searched 'retroarch ps1 blackscreen'. I've followed every step and have the bios in correctly I made cue files from the iso for each game and haven't had any luck. I will be happy to provide screenshots of anything requested and any help would be graciously appreciated since I told myself at 3pm EST " I'll just set up the PS1 emulator and then go shower", thinking it would be as easy  as Dolphin, I still haven't showered. 

Edited by jaker0820

Are you disk images .iso or .bin ? They should be .bin.

My first guess since you are getting a black screen you have your stuff setup correctly in Launchbox and you should be loading the .cue file. My guess is you have bad disk images.

My disk images are .iso, and how do i know its loading the .cue files

Did you import the cue files into Launchbox ? I'm not 100% certain that cue + iso files will work with Retroarch, all my stuff is cue + bin.

To check right click a game > edit and check in the launcher tab.59658cdf7b3f3_2017-07-1122_43_09-EditGame.thumb.png.7e247532bab4abbd87cc9f4a7c8bc216.png

They're all cuse but the disc images are .iso from which i created the .cue files from.

I don't want to say this with absolute certainty but I don't believe .iso work with Retroarch.

doesn't the info file tell you which file extensions work with the core?

It does and the supported file extensions for the PSX core is:

supported_extensions = "cue|toc|m3u|ccd|exe|pbp"

That doesn't address .bin or .iso but I don't believe the images that are .iso format work, especially considering the OP made his own .cue files.

I'm guessing you don't have the bios set up correctly. First make sure you have the bios files in the system folder within RetroArch. 

Then skip launchbox and try to load a cue file directly from within RetroArch. If it still isn't loading get a bin/cue game and try again.