LaunchBox Community Forums

FBAlpha2012 Sounds Terrible and WinKawaks Scripts

ericksonguti

Retroarch loads all cps2 games with FBAlpha2012 but it just sounds terrible like sand in a piece of glass. On the other side when i load my games from WinKawaks (CPS2 and NeoGeo specific) it sounds perfectly! The problem is when WinKawaks is set as emulator on LaunchBox it does not load the game automatically, it apparently needs some kind of script add.

So it leaves me two options:

1) Solve the retroarch sound problem (read about nigtly builds that work better the sound or past cores, i don't know or found on forums really)

or

2) Learn how to make WinKawaks works with LaunchBox (read about scripts that work, i don't know or found on forums really) 

Can someone help me with these please? I would really apreciate it.

40 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Or try the more up to date FBA core in Retroarch, the 2012 one is for the really low end hardware such as a RaspberryPi.

If you are having sound issues with Retroarch FBA it is most likely a bad build of RA, bad build of a core or bad roms.

FBA2012 is the only core avaible on RA. What would be the most up to date?

You could try one of the older mame cores with a year in the name. If your rom set is older in won't work in the current mame as there was a change with the qsound bios which Capcom games use In 0.186, so if your roms are older than that then try a older mame. 

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

I would try getting the latest CPS2 ROM set of just the latest MAME ROM set

How can i get the most up to date roms? I've downloaded mine from a torrent.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

You could try one of the older mame cores with a year in the name. If your rom set is older in won't work in the current mame as there was a change with the qsound bios which Capcom games use In 0.186, so if your roms are older than that then try a older mame. 

I've tried these too but it also doesnt work :(