LaunchBox Community Forums

Blade Runner

View File

Blade Runner

Blade Runner is an edit/redo of the Modern Mini theme by @vsilvalopes which was based off of @Grila ClassicMini theme. I'm the theme playing a theme disguised as another theme.

Theme Files

• Blade Runner - PS4
  • Blade Runner - XBOX

Options included

• Full set of custom Platform Logos, you may need to match the names to your Platforms. Do this by going into Blade Runner/Images/Platforms/Clear Logo
  • Included my custom Arcade Banner Clear Logo, its an edit/re color of the original @ReignStumble Arcade Logo
  • Optional WheelGamesView called WheelGamesView - No Fade, renaming and replacing the xml will turn off the Fade for the first wheel video background view. Do this by going into Blade Runner/Views/
  • Optional Extra Background image for the Options and System views named czchmini - optional located in Blade Runner/Images/Theme. You can replace the background here as you wish
  • In PlatformWheel1FiltersView, PlatformWheel2FiltersView, WheelGamesView, Wheel2GamesView, and WheelGamesView - No Fade all located in Blade Runner/Views, has a section in the xml called <!-- STATIC CUSTOM HEADER TEXT -->. Look in this area for text="", in this area you can customize your theme to display whatever you like here. Use Notepad++ to open the xml file, enter whatever you like and save.

User created files that work well with this theme

Thanks to

@CriticalCid for all your input, guidance and always ready to help @eatkinola for creating an awesome backend and always taking my personal request @Grila for making the original ClassicMini that inspired @vsilvalopes to make the Modern Mini that inspired me to make Blade Runner @Zombeaver for helping me very early on with the basics of photoshop @Jason Carr for giving  a canvas for the community to paint on.

Edited by keltoigael
  • Like 5

Also offering the Red BigBox Logo image I use for the Platform Banners and the BigBox Logo. You can add text to this in Photoshop to edit whatever you want, just keep the image dimension the same to keep everything centered. I used a Font called Road Rage for the text you see over the logo. Feel free to change how ever you like.

cube.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello !

I love this theme and use it on my Arcade Cabinet. But I got a few questions :

- Is it possible to enable sound on the background videos for games ?

- how can I modify the big red square which identify what system/game I'm on it ? I'd like to reduce it a little bit, and make it black transparent instead of red transparent.

• 6 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 4:41 PM, adu said:

Hello !

I love this theme and use it on my Arcade Cabinet. But I got a few questions :

- Is it possible to enable sound on the background videos for games ?

- how can I modify the big red square which identify what system/game I'm on it ? I'd like to reduce it a little bit, and make it black transparent instead of red transparent.

Just wondering if you ever got an answer on your last question.  Would love to know how to get that done as well

On 11/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, petrakis824 said:

Just wondering if you ever got an answer on your last question.  Would love to know how to get that done as well

Open WheelGamesView.xaml and look for line 62, then PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml and look for line 26. Set Mute="True" to Mute="False". Save and close both xaml and you should now have sound. They are disabled by default.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:42 PM, DR9 said:

Nice theme but the game videos are stretched not correct ASR of 4:3.

Requests:

- Configure via a file the color scheme from red to like gray or blue, etc?

- Add total # of game on the platform screen and or categories screen?

thx!

You can easily change the colors if you open the xaml files. I have everything clearly marked so that you can change multiple things. I wouldn't be able to add the # of games due to the limitation of the view.

27 minutes ago, adu said:

@keltoigael and How can you re-enable video sound please ? I've managed to change the red square, but not re-enabling the sound for the background video :(

Open WheelGamesView.xaml and look for line 62, then PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml and look for line 26. Set Mute="True" to Mute="False". Save and close both xaml and you should now have sound. They are disabled by default.

• 10 months later...

Is there any way to change the color scheme of this? I love the added features to modern mini that this does such as the nice semi transparent box around the selection, and the option to have video in the back ground. That said, I'm not big on the red color scheme (just my taste, im boring) is there any way that I could change a few things in this, say the color from red to a blue/grey? and the font from the dotted pixel font, to something more modern?

EDIT: Sorry, i missed a few of the posts there for some reason. I'll change the colors myself, but what about the font?

Thanks! :D

Edited by jinxist

• 3 years later...