LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES MSU-1 Cover Art

Riffman81

Just a heads up, Smokemonster has been updating a lot of the MSU packs and uploading them to his Google drive. He has been fixing audio issues with some of the older versions that had boosted audio levels because of a bug in the SD2Snes firmware which caused audio levels to be too low. This boosted audio in turn caused a lot of audio clipping on the updated firmware and emulators.

You can get the patch + audio files at the link above if you prefer to do that or don't have Smokemonsters Google drive.

Some of the games that has the MSU-1 enhancement has multiple vesions and was wondering what you guys were doing about that? Were you just picking the version you liked the best or is there a best of list out there because I don't really want multiple versions of the same game with MSU-1. I have also been going back and forth what to call the platform in BigBox and curious what everyone else called it? I was going back between (Super Nintendo MSU-1),(SNES CD),(Super Nintendo CD) and etc.

Its definitely an exciting time with some of our favorite games getting these audio enhancements.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:54 AM, lordmonkus said:

If you want a list of games to try and get a head start on some they have a wishlist with prioritized games to be worked on over on the Zeldix website.

https://www.zeldix.net/t844-msu-1-wishlist

Looks like some cool games are on the list like Illusion of Gaia and Secret of Mana 2.

Thanks! I've been working long hours at work and finally getting time to catch up on posts. Working on video snaps for these and I hope to have them finished up early next week. If anything new gets released post to let me know. I might be MIA all weekend due to RL and work :(

I think you're good for a little while on new games unless something pops up unexpectedly.

Demon's Crest looks to be in the works but no clue on when it will be done and released. The audio tracks seem to be ready getting worked on but the rom hack itself needs to be done and that's the time consuming part. Definitely looking forward to this one because this game is awesome.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1510-pcm-pack-demon-s-crest-demon-s-blazon

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Busy dealing with RL stuff but wanted to post and let you guys know I'll be uploading the video snaps to the EmuMovies FTP and probably here as well tomorrow. Finishing them up now :)

On 11/2/2017 at 10:32 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Super Metroid Project Base http://begrimed.com/pb.php has been MSU'd now and would be nice to have a box art for it.

Hadn't planned on doing hacks but I suppose I could whip something up since technically all MSU1 games are "hacks"

I had originally planned to just stick to the core games/official releases as some of these hacks may be a bit difficult to find art for... will look into it or if someone wants my template they are more then welcome to make their own covers for these games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riffman81 said:

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit.

It's all good.

1 minute ago, Riffman81 said:

I had originally planned to just stick to the core games/official releases as some of these hacks may be a bit difficult to find art for... will look into it or if someone wants my template they are more then welcome to make their own covers for these games.

Yeah I don't know how many rom hacks will get the MSU-1 treatment. The best boxart I could use for now was this one.59ffe51d1b1ae_SuperMetroidProjectBase.thumb.jpg.b7115c94c105de818811dd677fcac20f.jpg

It's ok but not exactly the best.

I wish I could find a good flat view copy of this one:

IMG_5564.jpg

@Riffman81 Thanks to you and @Lordmonkus I have about 20 MSU1 games in my new platform. Definitley looking forward to the video snaps. I had not really dug into this stuff before this thread. 

If you do not mind sharing the templates I would love them. I had to mock up a couple for a few games I added outside of what you had in your original file set. I only made the standard box art since it was simplest to modify. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 11:31 PM, Retro808 said:

@Riffman81 Thanks to you and @Lordmonkus I have about 20 MSU1 games in my new platform. Definitley looking forward to the video snaps. I had not really dug into this stuff before this thread. 

If you do not mind sharing the templates I would love them. I had to mock up a couple for a few games I added outside of what you had in your original file set. I only made the standard box art since it was simplest to modify. 

Video Snaps are now uploaded to my folder on the EmuMovies FTP: Upload Here>Video Snap Submissions>Riffman81>Nintendo SNES (MSU1). 40 total and all other artwork is there as well. I couldn't get Secret of Evermore working properly and the download I had for it was missing quite a few tracks/.pcm files so I'm going to wait for a final release and I'll update the snaps. Box art and logos for that game are there though. Keep in mind I didn't bother with hacks, just the original releases. I may get to doing covers/videos for hacks at a later date but real life and work are taking up so much of my time right now that it's become difficult to find the time to get things done. I still have several other projects on hold due to having very little time :( I may upload the snaps here as well but if you have FTP access feel free to go ahead and grab them. I messaged Circo about giving MSU1 it's own category separate from standard SNES games so we'll see what happens.

@Retro808 templates I uses for this set are below. You'll have to resize them to match the covers already made after you make your covers and finalize.

2D MSU1 Cover Template.png

MSU1 Retail Case Template.png

• Like 1