LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES MSU-1 Cover Art

Riffman81

SNES MSU-1 Cover Art

View File

Box art/Cover Pack for the SNES MSU1 platform. 41 games in total with more being added often. Still snaps (Game Play and Title) and clear logos, system background images and clear logos included! Check back for updates as more MSU1 games are released.

Video Snaps available on the EmuMovies FTP

*All artwork made/modified/compiled by: Riffman81*

• Like 4

I'm going to go ahead and make this the official thread for this set as it will be updated often. If someone has all of the MSU-1 releases could you please list the ones that we still need cover art for? I've been having trouble finding the music files for some of these, and on TMNT 4 the emulator patch corrupts the ROM and only the SD2SNES patch will run but the volume is extremely loud :( However, if a list can be made of what is still needed, I'll get to making the remaining covers right away! There will be two different versions of these covers to choose from. Your standard 2D and a "cased" 3D-ish variant as pictured:

Mega Man X (USA) (Rev 1).png

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time (USA).png

• Like 1

There are MSU-1 hacks for these games also @Riffman81:

• BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets
  • Conker's High Rule Tale
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • F-Zero
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Flashback
  • Hong Kong '97
  • Joe and Mac
  • Mega Man 7
  • Mega Man X2
  • Mega Man X3
  • Rival Turf
  • Rock 'n' Roll Racing
  • Rockman and Forte
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
  • Super Turrican
  • Terranigma
  • Top Gear

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charco said:

There are MSU-1 hacks for these games also @Riffman81:

• BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets
  • Conker's High Rule Tale
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • F-Zero
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Flashback
  • Hong Kong '97
  • Joe and Mac
  • Mega Man 7
  • Mega Man X2
  • Mega Man X3
  • Rival Turf
  • Rock 'n' Roll Racing
  • Rockman and Forte
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
  • Super Turrican
  • Terranigma
  • Top Gear

F-Zero, Secret of Mana, Mega Man X2 and X3 are already done. I'll be tracking the rest down later today and get covers made up for them as well.

7 hours ago, BlueArrowUK said:

@Riffman81 do you have a platform logo for the MSU1 Super Nintendo CD you have used in your artwork, cant seem to find a good logo to use :)

I believe @CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT has a platform logo posted with his platform video in the download section. I use the ones below:

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (MSU-1).png

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (MSU-1) (Alt).png

Edited by Riffman81
  • Thanks 2

Added covers for the following titles:

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past DX (USA) (Rev 1)  (MSU1)(v1.6) (Hack)

Mega Man 7 (USA) (MSU1)

Rockman & Forte (Japan) (Translated En) (MSU1)

Super Mario Kart (USA) (MSU1)

I also plan on doing proper video snaps for these games and will upload them to my folder on the EmuMovies FTP and possibly here with this cover pack as well so people can have easy access to them :) I'll let everyone know when they are available.

Rockman & Forte (Japan) (Translated En) (MSU1).png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlueArrowUK said:

That's great news your doing the video snaps aswell @Riffman81, thanks for your work on this it is greatly appreciated :D

Yes sir! I'll be doing proper video snaps for these as well as box art, still snaps, logos, etc... the goal is to get a complete set of media/art for all of these titles :) after that, I'll be getting back to recording those HyperSpin themes I've been distracted away from.  It's difficult keeping up with those as new themes are made all the time. I'll possibly be doing themes for some of these as well so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Death and Return of Superman has been released, yeah it's an odd choice but it's done. Super Ghouls N Ghosts got 2 releases now, one is an OST and it sounds amazing. Contra III has been done as well but not uploaded pre patched yet. Secret of Evermore is a WIP, not sure when we will be seeing it.

Keep track of what's going on with MSU-1 scene here https://www.zeldix.net/f45-msu-1-hacking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Death and Return of Superman has been released, yeah it's an odd choice but it's done. Super Ghouls N Ghosts got 2 releases now, one is an OST and it sounds amazing. Contra III has been done as well but uploaded pre patched yet. Secret of Evermore is a WIP, not sure when we will be seeing it.

Thanks, I'll look for Death and Return of Superman tonight and see about getting Contra III. Alternate releases/variants I'm not concerned with as I just use the same cover for variants and typically I just get the version with the OST I like the best. WIP's I wont be doing covers for until I see a actual release. I've been waiting for Secret of Evermore :) Thanks for the update @lordmonkus

23 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

From what I saw on the link above it looks like Secret of Evermore shouldn't be too far away.

I'll probably make a cover and throw it in next update @lordmonkus.

Ok everyone, the next update will be more polished so anyone who downloaded the previous packs will want to delete those and grab the new ones (once uploaded) as I've changed my design slightly... again :) The pack will have your standard 2D covers and (what I like to call)  "retail" versions which can be seen below. I will also include clear logos and still snaps as well. I don't plan on doing covers for hacks but rather just the core/original games as to keep this set more consistent. An example of this would be Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, I'll be sticking to the original game and not Parallel Worlds, DX, Goddess, etc... even though MSU1 versions do exist for those hacks. I may include a template for others to make covers for those if desired but as of now, I have no plans to spend any time on those hunting art, etc. I want to tackle the video snaps for these ASAP.

BS Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets (Week 1) (Japan) (BS) (MSU1).png

Rival Turf! (USA) (MSU1).png

Street Fighter II Turbo (USA) (MSU1).png

EDIT: Update pack ready to download :)

Edited by Riffman81
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Secret of Evermore is now done and the patch + pcms have been uploaded but not the full package yet.

Ok, I'll be making a cover for that one next :) Started doing proper video snaps for these today and I think I just might include them in the download package here upon next update. Here is Contra III and Death and Return of Superman. They will be included in the next update as well but you can grab them from here if needed as the next update wont be ready for a few days.

Contra III - The Alien Wars (USA) (MSU1).png

Death and Return of Superman, The (USA) (MSU1).png

Contra III - The Alien Wars (USA) (MSU1).png

Death and Return of Superman, The (USA) (MSU1).png

Edited by Riffman81