LaunchBox Community Forums

Silent BigBox Attract Mode

Blakflag

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, fygarslayer said:

It's been a while, but I'm wondering if this was ever implemented? 

I see an option for "Attract Mode Navigation Sound" in the Sound options, but it doesn't appear to mute the game videos.

No, this was never something looked at for implementation and was not something that made the poll of the current items being developed.

If there is not a BitBucket ticket for it I would recommend opening one and linking it here on this thread. The more votes it can get the better chance it has of making it to a poll to be voted on.

To make a ticket use the link found at the top of the forum under the "Help & Support" menu. Look there for "Request a Feature"

• 8 months later...

Too funny.    I was just wondering if Big Box ever implemented a feature to change/mute the volume in attract mode.   Googled up this thread, with a link to my original feature request that I had completely forgotten about.     From way back in 2016 no less.

Can I make a donation to get this feature implemented?  :)

Edited by Fursphere

We don't take donations to implement features. I took note of the ticket though and will take a look at the code and see how difficult this request would be. Can I assume we are just hoping for a new setting that is "Attract Mode Master Volume" then? That is how I've read the ticket and this forum post. I want to make sure I'm not over-simplifying the request though.

• 1 year later...

I would like to make a feature request that improves upon the attract mode volume control.  For those of us with full size arcade systems, we typically leave them on 24x7.  It would be helpful to have a 'lower attract mode to X% after Y minutes of inactivity".  That way I could set my system to be silent so many minutes after we stop playing it.  Is that also possible?