LaunchBox Community Forums

Desmume Full Screen

nailer052

For no debug console and full screen use this.  Open desmume.ini (in your emulator folder) search [Console] and arrange like this

[Console]
PosX=0
PosY=0
Width=0
Height=0
Show=0

For full screen use this on AUTOHOTKEY OPTIONS (In emulator configurator on launchbox)

WinWaitActive , DeSmuME ;
Send !{Enter}

• Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 5:41 AM, Freestate said:

For no debug console and full screen use this.  Open desmume.ini (in your emulator folder) search [Console] and arrange like this

[Console]
PosX=0
PosY=0
Width=0
Height=0
Show=0

For full screen use this on AUTOHOTKEY OPTIONS (In emulator configurator on launchbox)

Send !{Enter}

That was great! Thanks! But how do I close the emulator without pressing ALT+4? is there a one key solution for doing that?  ESC doesn't work and there is no X to click with the mouse...

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/4/2020 at 6:49 PM, Cheetos said:

That doesn't work either but thanks for trying to help.

Maybe this one? I tested this one and the one earlier and they both work. What tab are you putting it in? I do not use Desmume so not sure what would be the issue if this one does not work.

$Esc::  

{  

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}  

} 

• Thanks 1

I've just checked on my system and the version from DOS76 does close with Escape, try copying and pasting the whole ahk below into the Running AutoHotKey Script tab in edit emulator, this is an adapted version of the one I use (you don't need all the other crap relating to my set up), but as said I just tested it on the above and it worked.

I'm not taking credit for this AHK either, the top part is what was already on this thread and the bottom part is no different to other ones on here.

That should in theory wait for DeSmuME to open, then make it go full screen, (I get a little ping sound on mine so I know when it is done, as it's normally still hidden by the startup screen as this point-I think that ping is part of DeSmuME) and then when you have finished playing Escape should shut it down, 

It might also be worth checking within DeSmuME that you haven't got Escape set as any of its own hotkeys in Config----Hotkey Config

Cheers

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinWaitActive, ahk_class DeSmuME
Send, !{Enter}

Esc::
{
WinClose, DeSmuME
}

• Unusual Gem 1

This is my DeSmuME "Running Hotkey Script" to go full screen and exit with ESC or by pressing L3:

Send !{Enter}

$Esc::
{
Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}
$joy9:: ; my L3 button
{
keywait, joy9, t2
if errorlevel <> 0
{
Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} ;closes emulator
}
}

Note if nothing is going full screen with it, you just need to set it full screen once in a game and exit and I think it remembers is the next time, the script above may just be for ways to exit it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiinkyfoxx said:

... into the Running AutoHotKey Script tab in edit emulator...

Bruh... No one told me I had to copy the Esc script to the Running tab. I always copied it to Exit ahk script tab. Is it how it's usually done? Are you supposed to copy all the scripts to the Running tab?

It worked after copying it to the Running AHK Script tab, btw.

Edited by Cheetos

I could be wrong and someone with more knowledge will hopefully confirm or correct me, but I think it as follows;

Running AHK script tab is used whilst the emulator/game is running-so normally closing emulator scripts would go in this part so you can use them whilst the emulator/game is running.

Exit tab is for after you have exited the emulator/game-not sure if this is just for the Exit part of the pause menu or in general, I know that I only use the Exit AHK tab when I need extra bits to close down (such as lightgun based stuff) after I have exited from the Pause menu in game.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...