LaunchBox Community Forums

How to make 3D PC/Windows DVD Game Cases - Tutorial

Robin55

Yep, @Undertherainbow 's Action file is awesome. The only thing I would say is that as nice as the boxes that show a front and back cover are, in my opinion they are not too practical. What I mean is there are very few views in few themes that the boxes look really good in. In fact the only theme I can think of which these boxes really work well with is the "Unified" theme. Correct me if I'm wrong here but that's just my 2 cents.

9 hours ago, Robin55 said:

Yep, @Undertherainbow 's Action file is awesome. The only thing I would say is that as nice as the boxes that show a front and back cover are, in my opinion they are not too practical. What I mean is there are very few views in few themes that the boxes look really good in. In fact the only theme I can think of which these boxes really work well with is the "Unified" theme. Correct me if I'm wrong here but that's just my 2 cents.

You are right, but I need to make these covers first, plus a spine...and mobygames usualy have a box front and cover .. and the process of actually making the covers is automated it's a small effort of running those actions twice,.

That's weird I have tested my original action file with Photoshop 2018 without problems. I have also gone through all those cd action files without problems. I suggest you make sure your color settings are correct as I show in my video in the original post, its very important. These action files are only for the cd however, a music cd jewel case is not included just a DVD and Bluray case, if that's what you are looking for I suggest a bit of searching.

Edited by Robin55

in my case Photoshop just closes, as if the process was stopped. no error message. I'm using cs6 and I have used these actions a couple of times without a problem. I suspect it might have something to do with file size..the JPGS are 26MB which is quite insane to be honest. the output is under an 1mb so I will start by resizing the images.

2 hours ago, Klopjero said:

I noticed the unexpected closing will not happen if the destination folder doesnt contain files it needs to overwrite.. 

Weird, never had that problem myself. At least you were able to work it out. Might help someone else.

1 minute ago, fredistehboss said:

Hi there! While running the actions file, I get a error for the save action in part 1 because it wants to save to "C:Users\robin\Desktop\Part 1\" and I'm not sure how to edit that...

you can set an override on save behaviour from the batch menu

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fredistehboss said:

OH! I can't believe I missed that, I was going about it the wrong way. Thank you! Also, is there any way I could change the color of the "plastic" overlay?

probably, but you'd have to find out when this happens in the action and then change that step. I haven't tried that.

• Like 1