LaunchBox Community Forums

How to make 3D PC/Windows DVD Game Cases - Tutorial

Robin55

10 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

I don't know why you have to click save but unfortunately the boxes always save with the with the word "-Copy" at the end of their names. I have tried my best to solve this issue but so far it seems to be a Photoshop problem that can't be fixed it's just the way Photoshop saves that sort of document. If anyone manages to work out how to stop this from happening it would be great.

Interesting about the language setting by the way.

Hey Robin, the automating process in PS is very strict in the sense that it takes into account every selection you make. The "-Copy" in the filenames occur when you (during the automation recording), select the Save/Save As, and after choosing the path, you click inside the name field or a file in the explorer before pressing the Save button.

Doing this tells PS how you want the file to be saved as in terms of name; that's the reason of the "-Copy", as it applies your selection to all the files. If you do not press/select anything at all in the Save window, only the destination folder, then PS will automate to save it with the same name as the original file being opened.

The other option you have is to let the automation process to handle the saving, and stop the automation recording before saving, or saving inside of it, but then unchecking those steps before running the automation setup.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks @Kondorito but I'm following your instructions as best I can but I still can not get the file to save correctly. I tried unchecking the save action in the actions file and so I can save where I want but the original image I put through the actions just saves not as a 3D box but as the exact same image as it was originally. Is there any chance you could download my Action file in the original post and change it to what you would do and send me it? I would love to finally fix this problem.

1 hour ago, Robin55 said:

Thanks @Kondorito but I'm following your instructions as best I can but I still can not get the file to save correctly. I tried unchecking the save action in the actions file and so I can save where I want but the original image I put through the actions just saves not as a 3D box but as the exact same image as it was originally. Is there any chance you could download my Action file in the original post and change it to what you would do and send me it? I would love to finally fix this problem.

No problem. Just got the atn file from the first post of the topic. If you don't mind, provide me a couple of base images you would use with this action (like 5 to 10), and I will work with it, and let you know.

Got it.

I am having a problem with the action, specifically with the steps of "Image Size". My PS is crashing without any warnings. Seems to be that we have different versions (I have here an old version CS6), and some of the specifics of the Image Size steps are killing the app (seems to be the Interpolation specification).

I made a new action unchecking the image size steps and making them on my end, and I was able to finish up the 3D box without problems.

The strange thing I am seeing is that the first step in the second action process (STEP 2) you have a "Duplicate first document", and then you work the entire box process in the second copied document (named as the original document + copy at the end). This seems to be the reason why you might be getting the copy situation.

I tried bypassing this first step, and worked fine as well.

Give it a try on your end; in the STEP 2 pack, uncheck the first step of "Duplicate first document", and uncheck as well the last three steps (the "Save" and the two "Close" ones), so the automation does not process these steps. Open the automation setup, and choose to handle the Save As in there, and see what happens.

Your a LEGEND @Kondorito! The "duplicate first document" was exactly what was causing the problem! I'll upload a new video in the first post as soon as I can and attach a new action file as well with the corrections. This has been a long standing problem for ages so glad it's all finally working now! Thanks man :)

• Game On 1

3 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

Your a LEGEND @Kondorito! The "duplicate first document" was exactly what was causing the problem! I'll upload a new video in the first post as soon as I can and attach a new action file as well with the corrections. This has been a long standing problem for ages so glad it's all finally working now! Thanks man :)

You are most welcome Robin. Keep up your awesome work :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dnm said:

Hi all,

Where I can find other ATN Files for others system ?

Well Action files are mostly created by folks for their own individual projects. The one in this thread has been modified by me to fix it up a bit but it's a DVD case so Action files for DVD cases are fairly common. Other systems such as the Dreamcast which you mentioned you would either have to contact the creator of a set and hope they're felling generous or learn to make your own from scratch maybe you will find a template somewhere to start you off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, xela1234 said:

help

Check the action steps and locate the one "Select" command ("Selección") that is giving you the issue. You need to make sure that the layer being worked on is named the same as what is displayed in that action command. My wild guess would be that since you have Photoshop in Spanish, it displays "Capa 1", "Capa 2", etc. in the Layers section, instead of "Layer 1", Layer 2" and the action is not able to find them. If that is the case, you can easily fix this by editing the Layer names to what the action is requiring. Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Undertherainbow said:

Alright i made the script with ur template that will make double box, front and back

mG1VO0p.png

--

Added script to do it.Thanks and have fun!

I've found you guys searching in google images and I wasn't hoping to find an .atn for PS, that's great!

On 6/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Undertherainbow said: