Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Robin55

How to make 3D PC/Windows DVD Game Cases - Tutorial

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, fredistehboss said:

OH! I can't believe I missed that, I was going about it the wrong way. Thank you! Also, is there any way I could change the color of the "plastic" overlay?

probably, but you'd have to find out when this happens in the action and then change that step. I haven't tried that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fredistehboss Well yes there is a way. In Part 2 "make Box", you would want to untick all the boxes after the last "Merge Visible" action, This way you can see all the various layers and make your adjustments before everything is merged together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fixed the original action file in the first post so that the spine displays correctly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone upload those Photoshop actions from the first post over here? That 1drv.ms link doesn't work anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, teceem said:

Could someone upload those Photoshop actions from the first post over here? That 1drv.ms link doesn't work anymore.

I just added the action file as an attachment in the first post. Funny, that one drive link was working fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much!!! I didn't expect a reply so quickly.

Both Chrome and Firefox showed a screen like this (attached). Firefox let me continue but the page still didn't work. Maybe it worked for you because you're logged in? Don't know...

I'm planning on making boxes for my GOG collection... http://www.gogcovers.com/

1drv.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, teceem said:

Thanks very much!!! I didn't expect a reply so quickly.

Both Chrome and Firefox showed a screen like this (attached). Firefox let me continue but the page still didn't work. Maybe it worked for you because you're logged in? Don't know...

I'm planning on making boxes for my GOG collection... http://www.gogcovers.com/

1drv.JPG

I was using Edge, I don't know what happened either....I did mean to update that first post with an attachment just to save hassle, I just forgot to get around to it. Might make a new video too. That's a great resource for GOG, I didn't know it existed. Are you planning on making just a few covers or the whole lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

I was using Edge, I don't know what happened either....I did mean to update that first post with an attachment just to save hassle, I just forgot to get around to it. Might make a new video too. That's a great resource for GOG, I didn't know it existed. Are you planning on making just a few covers or the whole lot?

Just for the ones I own (around 600). I'd like to upload them to the LB online database, but that's such a slow process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed that the Action file was greying out images more than it should. It was because the sheen was doubling over on its self. This has been fixed and a new action file uploaded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Realized a sheen was not being added to the spine of the boxes, this has been fixed.

Edited by Robin55
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

thx for the guide.

I've a problem both with part 1 and part 2, the program told me serveral missing command... 

I'm using ps 20.0.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dnm said:

Hi,

thx for the guide.

I've a problem both with part 1 and part 2, the program told me serveral missing command... 

I'm using ps 20.0.5

Hi, can you tell me which commands are missing? what does it say in Photoshop? If there save commands you can change where the files are saved very easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Program language must set to english.

Where I can find other Batch for other systems? (Ps1, Ps2, Pce Dc ecc...) ?

 

Gears Of War 4 copy.png

Forza Horizon 4 copy.png

Dead or Alive 6 copy.png

Darksiders III copy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've another problem... In the end of the process during save I've this Warning: "The current file format must be saved as copy because: it will not save all document layers"

So I need to click save always... I've have many covers to do and is not confortable  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why you have to click save but unfortunately the boxes always save with the with the word "-Copy" at the end of their names. I have tried my best to solve this issue but so far it seems to be a Photoshop problem that can't be fixed it's just the way Photoshop saves that sort of document. If anyone manages to work out how to stop this from happening it would be great.

Interesting about the language setting by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...