LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up Pinball FX3 to launch directly into tables

HapHzrd

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

If you want to coninue this conversation could you please take it to a DM? I know you are trying to be as vageu as you can, but we all know what you are talking about here

You're right. I edited some of my post to not contain any offending references. @SLUGIE79 If you have any question please DM me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, sorry for the noob questions here, im still getting my head around the whole BigBox / LaunchBox thing ..
I have a freestanding ardace cab, running on Windows that is not connected to the internet, because of its location, external network access isnt possible. However, I would like to install pinball tables that I have on my laptop (stream account) .. Is there a way of exporting them from stream to a USB and then importing them into Bigbox? (either export / import or copy file system ?)

There is an FX2 system installed, butthe games im looking at specifically are on FX3 ?

6 hours ago, Jasie_baby said:

Hi Guys, sorry for the noob questions here, im still getting my head around the whole BigBox / LaunchBox thing ..
I have a freestanding ardace cab, running on Windows that is not connected to the internet, because of its location, external network access isnt possible. However, I would like to install pinball tables that I have on my laptop (stream account) .. Is there a way of exporting them from stream to a USB and then importing them into Bigbox? (either export / import or copy file system ?)

There is an FX2 system installed, butthe games im looking at specifically are on FX3 ?

You would log in to your cabinet via Steam and install since they are tied to your Steam login account.  You have to have Steam up for FX3 to work if you have the Steam version.  You cannot "export" them without hackery. 

16 hours ago, sundogak said:

You would log in to your cabinet via Steam and install since they are tied to your Steam login account.  You have to have Steam up for FX3 to work if you have the Steam version.  You cannot "export" them without hackery. 

Ahh B*gger !! ... I did find this on Zen Studio's Website, but I guess I still need to get the game on there in the first instance, to use offline mode
https://zenstudios.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000584930-pincab-offline-how-do-i-play-my-pinball-cabinet-offline-

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 4:30 AM, HapHzrd said:

I didn't see a post directly about this, so I thought I would share.  After a bit of research, I finally got Pinball FX3 setup in LaunchBox as individual tables.

1. Setup an emulator for Pinball FX3:

• Set the Emulator Application Path to wherever your "Steam.exe" is.  Do this instead of pointing it "Pinball FX3.exe".
  • For Default Command-Line Parameters add "-applaunch 442120 -table_".
  • Select Don't use quotes.
  • Select No space before ROM.
  • Select Use file name only without file extension.
  • Make sure the Sample Command shows up as "Steam.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File".  Like this:

Pinball.thumb.JPG.2d2217e87963a3b2f3ffffa5f35dc4e1.JPG2. I also like to set a "Pinball FX" Platform with a Platform Category.

3. Then just import the ".pxp" files from the Pinball FX3 Steam directory as individual ROMs.  Make sure to Use the files in their current location option.

That should do it.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for this - worked a treat!

OOI, do you have an decent image set for the tables?

Found 

for Pinball FX2 but that's missing some