LaunchBox Community Forums

About to ask for a refund....

FRK

Problem after problem...

Now almost all my systems including Daphne etc have reverted to MESS as there emulator...

A few have remained ok like sony and mame and a few retroarch.. every other system is now MESS...

I have just waisted F**Kin weeks on this with 100 systems and 41K game...

*&^%^&**(( !!!!!!

21 minutes ago, FRK said:

Problem after problem...

Now almost all my systems including Daphne etc have reverted to MESS as there emulator...

A few have remained ok like sony and mame and a few retroarch.. every other system is now MESS...

I have just waisted F**Kin weeks on this with 100 systems and 41K game...

*&^%^&**(( !!!!!!

What do you mean by "reverted"? was you using mess originally and then changed to a different emu? If so did you bulk edit your platforms to tell the games to use the new emulator?

The systems changed to MESS from the type I originally entered.

I have not knowingly bulk edited anything...

Unless bulk editing is a single button press I have not selected a group of system and changed anything.

This has happened at the same time my system button changed and my banners reappeared. 

Very pissed off ATM..

If you are unsure of how to use the bulk edit tool you simply select all the games (or just a few games) and then right click and edit, this brings up the bulk edit tool where you can change all sorts of stuff including emulator. This is particularly handy to change the emulator of all your games quickly.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Okay when you say they reverted in your original post does that mean that you originally at one time had set these systems up to use MAME?

I set each one up separately mainly using retroarch with just the odd MESS for computers... and some like BBC I used a BEEBEM etc... Then after the crash of 2018 when all when all over the place... 

Went to use it today and it's a MESS !!!!!

Why am I having these issues when everyone else is saying how stable it is.... which was the reason I put the effort in..

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

If you are unsure of how to use the bulk edit tool you simply select all the games (or just a few games) and then right click and edit, this brings up the bulk edit tool where you can change all sorts of stuff including emulator. This is particularly handy to change the emulator of all your games quickly.

Did this... but rarely as I have no need for it.. 

10 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

It sounds like a crash may have corrupted one of your xml files and it reverted back to a working one with old settings.

You can use the bulk edit tool to quickly assign an emulator of your choosing to all or select games.

:( ''''''''

LaunchBox won't ever automatically restore an old version, so there's still something odd going on. If you want to zip up and PM me your data folder @FRK, I'm happy to take a look at it. Nothing is really making sense at this point. I'm always willing to offer a refund if LaunchBox isn't working out for you.

Typically what we've seen in the past if someone reports that their data is missing or reverted, there ends up being more than one installation of LaunchBox on the machine, and sometimes the installations are nested (C:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox for example). I have no idea if that's what's going on here, but it is something to look for.

36 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox won't ever automatically restore an old version, so there's still something odd going on. If you want to zip up and PM me your data folder @FRK, I'm happy to take a look at it. Nothing is really making sense at this point. I'm always willing to offer a refund if LaunchBox isn't working out for you.

no refund required... I just appreciate the help..

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Typically what we've seen in the past if someone reports that their data is missing or reverted, there ends up being more than one installation of LaunchBox on the machine, and sometimes the installations are nested (C:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox for example). I have no idea if that's what's going on here, but it is something to look for.

As I hold my Breath... Got all systems working again............. NOW all the logo art (games wheels logos) have vanished !!!!

I have a new 8TB external... could this be the issue...???

Something is not working right ... I can't be that stupid...

mike logo.png