LaunchBox Community Forums

About to ask for a refund....

FRK

Something is obviously not right, but it's impossible for me to identify what's going on without more information. These are not issues that I've ever seen experienced by other users so it makes me think that there's probably some sort of other outside influence, though I have no idea what that might be. I might be able to identify what's going on if you zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder.

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Something is obviously not right, but it's impossible for me to identify what's going on without more information. These are not issues that I've ever seen experienced by other users so it makes me think that there's probably some sort of other outside influence, though I have no idea what that might be. I might be able to identify what's going on if you zip up and PM me your LaunchBox\Data folder.

Clear logos have vanished... re-downloaded the image pack via LB.. still not there..... checked and they are ticked in options....

Help!!!

2 hours ago, FRK said:

Clear logos have vanished... re-downloaded the image pack via LB.. still not there..... checked and they are ticked in options....

Help!!!

Vanished? As in they are not in the images folders at all or simply they are not showing in LaunchBox/BigBox but you do see them in the images folder? Do you have your images in a folders outside of the LaunchBox folder structure?

Then you have something really strange going on with your system. Emulators don't change themselves, and images don't delete themselves either, the only way they will disappear is if you manually do it, or your HDD takes a bath.

As Jason said above, I have never seen this happen to anyone else before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@FRK I went through your data but of course I don't see anything fishy. But if image files are truly just disappearing from your system, there's something seriously wrong with the system. I'm not sure where else to go here other than to suggest that maybe you should get the system checked out by a tech.

Thanks for looking, I think what happened was when BB crashed and would not boot. It must have 're-installed' or crash recovered and that's when the dirs and file and setting reset. And as we know by recreating dir's it must have overwritten the original ones.

I have checked my system and new external and all looks fine.

2 minutes ago, FRK said:

Thanks for looking, I think what happened was when BB crashed and would not boot. It must have 're-installed' or crash recovered and that's when the dirs and file and setting reset. And as we know by recreating dir's it must have overwritten the original ones.

I have checked my system and new external and all looks fine.

No, that's actually not anything that LaunchBox ever does. It never overwrites media on installs or upgrades; if it did, I'd have a million people screaming at me. The only thing I can think of happening is what I mentioned earlier, that perhaps LaunchBox has been installed into two separate installations (two different folders on your hard drive).

5 hours ago, FRK said:

Well 41K games on 100 systems full upgrade of images from LB and EMovies... it's been 24 hours... Looking like another 48 required...

That means at least 41,000 videos (much more if you queued theme videos), and likely more than half a million image downloads. I'd guess much more.

You might need to be patient with such a massive download job.

I think the issue here is you're trying to do this massive massive operation on an external drive.

Why wouldn't you do all of this on an 8 TB Internal HDD instead? If it were me I'd do it on an internal and then copy over everything to an external drive as a backup option if something goes wrong.

8 hours ago, Replay said:

I think the issue here is you're trying to do this massive massive operation on an external drive.

Why wouldn't you do all of this on an 8 TB Internal HDD instead? If it were me I'd do it on an internal and then copy over everything to an external drive as a backup option if something goes wrong.

it has nothing to do with external hdd , my collection is on external and never had a problem.

2018-02-09_130829.png