LaunchBox Community Forums

After a lot of digging, and moving to another machine I found a few things. 

It would appear that you check that the path contaings "*LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\*" I had mine as "eXoDOS\…." this caused it to produce a warning message.

I've noticed that I get slightly different results when using LaunchBox vs BigBox. Also if I turn global steam launch off and use the context menu, it will actually launch, but not via the proxy. Another gotcha appears to stem from the fact that you're renaming the original exe and replacing it with the proxy. There's quite a lot of brittleness in this process, but without having tried my hand at it myself I cannot comment on a better alternative (or if one even exists). I now realise that the proxy will never work for exodos as it's a bunch of batch files, since you're renaming it wont execute, it also appears that steam doesn't support batch files only exe's.

I've tried the DOSBox that ships with LB and that only works without the proxy. Steam thinks I'm playing LB not doom. 

It also seems that once the proxy fails, that's it... you have to restart the whole lot before anything will work again. Something seems to be holding onto some corrupted object that keeps getting reused.

I've cracked your binaries open to have a look inside, haven't had much time to spend on it yet. But so far it seems like a lot of what I've deducted is correct.

I'm still not sure why it doesn't work for me, but it works for others. I'm guessing that it has to do with the fact that I'm trying to run batch files which screws the pipeline up and then nothing else will work.

@cammelspit what kind of witchery do you employ to make eXoDOS work?

10 hours ago, JunkRunner said:

After a lot of digging, and moving to another machine I found a few things. 

It would appear that you check that the path contaings "*LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\*" I had mine as "eXoDOS\…." this caused it to produce a warning message.

I've noticed that I get slightly different results when using LaunchBox vs BigBox. Also if I turn global steam launch off and use the context menu, it will actually launch, but not via the proxy. Another gotcha appears to stem from the fact that you're renaming the original exe and replacing it with the proxy. There's quite a lot of brittleness in this process, but without having tried my hand at it myself I cannot comment on a better alternative (or if one even exists). I now realise that the proxy will never work for exodos as it's a bunch of batch files, since you're renaming it wont execute, it also appears that steam doesn't support batch files only exe's.

I've tried the DOSBox that ships with LB and that only works without the proxy. Steam thinks I'm playing LB not doom. 

It also seems that once the proxy fails, that's it... you have to restart the whole lot before anything will work again. Something seems to be holding onto some corrupted object that keeps getting reused.

I've cracked your binaries open to have a look inside, haven't had much time to spend on it yet. But so far it seems like a lot of what I've deducted is correct.

I'm still not sure why it doesn't work for me, but it works for others. I'm guessing that it has to do with the fact that I'm trying to run batch files which screws the pipeline up and then nothing else will work.

I'm not trying to argumentative here or anything but most of your assumptions are wrong. The only time any exe file is being renamed is in the case of LB's internal DosBox implementation. For everything else, the only type of "renaming" that is being done is with LB's internal references. For this whole process to work, the LB's game/emulator path is swapped for a few ms and then swapped back. Furthermore, if you use "Bat to Exe Converter", batch files will work perfectly fine as long as either the batch file stays running for the duration of the game/emulator process or alternatively if you use a "LauncherToExe" entry in the config file. I'm not sure what to tell you about the DOSBox that ships with LB... There are a whole lot of people who are using the feature on a daily basis with no problems. On the proxy failing... again, that is something to do with your machine. On a normal setup, the proxy exe will only run for the duration of the game/emulator and if there is a background proxy process running when another wants to start, it will be forcibly closed (it will also be forcibly closed upon LB startup/shutdown. I'm sounding like a broken record at this point, and you can clearly take my advice for what it is, but there is very obviously something strange going on with your setup. As far as the location of the plugin, the plugin instructions very clearly state where the plugin needs to be installed. Furthermore, if you want to test whether the plugin is working for you at all, probably starting with the most complex use-case is not a great starting point... Finally, concerning the "brittleness" of the plugin... Please come back after you've spent several hundred hours trying to develop such a solution for software such as LB that doesn't offer a plugin API with any of the necessary features, a undocumented Steam API with no up-to-date 3rd party implementations, with Steam updates that modify the needed vtable offsets every update, and after offering a free plugin with free personalized support to scores if not hundreds of users. Every step necessary to make this plugin work is necessarily an undocumented workaround to try to bypass intended or unintended limitations by multiple software products from different vendors. I test every update on 5-6 different VMs with different Windows versions and different configurations before releasing publicly. l can't guess what specific issues or oddities are going on with your machine that are causing issues. What I can assure you is that if you install a fresh copy of Windows 10 (any version) onto a VM and install both Steam and LB along with my plugin (by following the simple instructions provided), it will work exactly as intended. At this point, with you having named about 14 different issues you've run into, yet not even having tried just a simple, basic game launch, its a little hard to provide any advice on how to move forward. I would be happy to login to your machine remotely using TeamViewer if you'd like me to take a look... I understand people's hesitance to have some login to their machine remotely, so if that doesn't suite you, then boot up a VM and I can log into that (although if its a fresh VM, I suspect you're not going to see any of these problems). You'll have to excuse me for being a little bit frustrated... It just makes me a little angry when you assume that every issue you are having is somehow related to my plugin "not working" when in fact there are many people using it on a daily basis with no issues whatsoever. If you think you can do a better job, then please, by all means, jump in. I think you'll quickly figure out trying to do what the plugin does is a damn quagmire.

Edit: So I gotta apologize for being a bit of an ass earlier when I posted this... I shouldn't have so publicly vented my frustration. I would be happy to help you get the plugin working on your machine but to do so, we are going to have to start simple first. A fresh LB installation with the plugin installed according the instructions given on the plugin download page. From there, we will ensure that we can turn on debug logging and that that is working. From there, I can show you how to use the Bat to Exe converter to get eXoDOS (or whatever other "bat" launchers) working. My Steam info is posted on the plugin download page. Just shoot me a msg and I will gladly walk you through the process. Trying to do it through forum messages just isn't going to work.

Edited by Lahma

13 hours ago, JunkRunner said:

Depends on the version of eXoDOS you are using. The current 3.11 version actually has native support for LB as that is the new preferred front end. eXo has already set everything up entirely. All I did was copy the XML files from his LB install built into eXoDOS over to my full normal install and everything just worked. I changed a few paths because I keep all my roms, including eXoDOS over on my home server. As far as the overlay working, well, I had a perfect setup for the older versions of eXoDOS but the newest 3.11 uses a newer and specialized build of DOSbox that simply does not work with my old method. So from my position, I will actually have to modify a couple of things and make a special build of the version eXo now uses. It's not a complicated alteration to make but I am no coder and I have no experience building anything myself. If/when I get that all sorted I will prolly go and do a full on write up about it. The PM you sent me about the Steam Controller is the reason you want to get the overlay working so you can alter controls and such in game like you normally would on any game. Try and also remember that eXoDOS runs DOSbox OUTSIDE of Launchbox like an emulator, it does not use Launchbox's built in version so that functionality is irrelevant. If you would like to see what the problem actually is and how I solved it before, you can read my old write up in the steam controller guide section about it. The fix for the new eXoDOS version is essentially the same only must be done before the app is built due to the differences in version and builds from the two. What I used to use is simply not being updated by the original author and is not compatible anymore. Anyways, below is a link to that guide on how I got it working. The Steam launcher plugin I also use for this because since to LB just runs the bat directly now and the plugin acting as a middleware simply passes the launch on to steam and is functionally identical to what LB would do only with steam. It WORKS right now of course, just the overlay is sketchy and kinda crashy due to a limitation in DOSbox you can read up on more below.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=798840934 

P.S. Actually, Llama is prolly gonna help me get this going once I get to the point where I actually want to do this. I completely trust his assessments in general. I would recommend you install a fresh copy of LB and then install a fresh copy of the newest plugin using the directions. it's all in the LB plugins directory, you don't need to do much else really unless you wish to enable logging. Get normal launches working first and then go from there, if nothing else it is a sanity check. In my time working with servers and some of the more advanced areas of PCs and IT, a simple sanity check is sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself. Just do what Lahma says step by step and you WILL figure it out. I have been here through the full development of this plugin and the standalone app version that was authored by another good friend of mine and this current version is by FAR the most stable, reliable, and fastest version yet.

Good Luck!

Heya, having trouble loading up Mame for some reason. The oddest part is that it'll work if I have my Steam controller off and click the game with my mouse so the overlay is in desktop mode, but if the Steam overlay is on big picture mode for any reason it there's nothing doing

2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamMenuItem] [.ctor] - SteamLauncher v0.9.3.0 loaded (64-bit mode) from 'T:\LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncher.dll'.

2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamSystemMenuItem] [.ctor] - ISystemMenuItemPlugin loaded - 'UniversalSteamLaunching' is set to True.
2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [.ctor] - IGameLaunchingPlugin loaded.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnBeforeGameLaunching] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnBeforeGameLaunching() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Adding a RepairPath to the config - Id: 93f68371-9926-4245-919d-98fb1f24ef4c - Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Set 'MAME' application path to the proxy executable.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnAfterGameLaunched] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnAfterGameLaunched() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Repairing application paths...
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Successfully repaired path! Title: 'MAME' - Path before repair: 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe' - Path after repair: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [GameShortcut] [.ctor] - Creating Game Shortcut - Platform: 'Arcade'; Title: 'Smash T.V.'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Generating Steam shortcut...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - LaunchBox directory located at: 'T:\LaunchBox'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Exe Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Arguments: '-keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Start Directory: 'D:\emulators\MAME'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Original Platform Name: Arcade; Custom Platform Name: Arcade; (Changed: False)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [.ctor] - Instantiating SteamContext singleton...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Initializing ClientShortcuts...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamInstallPath] - Setting Steam installation path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamClientDllPath] - Setting Steam Client DLL path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamExePath] - Setting Steam EXE path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - Attempting to retrieve Steam PID from registry value named 'pid' inside the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - The Steam PID value retrieved from the registry is '5160'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [SteamProcess] - Steam is already running.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Beginning initialization of Steam...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Steam initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientEngine interface...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - ClientEngine initialization succeded! (CLIENTENGINE_INTERFACE_VERSION005)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientShortcuts interface...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [GetShortcutsInterfacePtr] - 'GetIClientShortcuts' vtable entry located at index '54' (IClientEngine+0x1B0).
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - ClientShortcuts initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - Attempting to retrieve Steam PID from registry value named 'pid' inside the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - The Steam PID value retrieved from the registry is '5160'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Setting LastKnownSteamPid: 5160
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - Searching 2 shortcuts to find all SteamLauncher shortcuts.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - SteamLauncher shortcut found: [2147483650] Smash T.V. (Arcade)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [RecycleShortcut] - Recycling shortcut with AppID: 2147483650
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - Assigning properties to existing Steam shortcut: [2147483650] 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' | "D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe" | "D:\emulators\MAME" | -keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [ResolveShortcutId] - Attempting to resolve ShortcutID for Smash T.V. (Arcade)...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' ShortcutID resolved to: 18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [LauncherToExe] [ResolveRelationship] - No Launcher-to-Exe relationship found for file 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [StartProcessWatcher] - Starting ProcessWatcher on 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [.ctor] - Instantiated ProcessWatcher for file 'mame64.exe' (WaitForStartTimeout: 10s).
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Start] - EventWatcher enabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - Scheduling Process Start Timeout Check.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [LaunchShortcut] - Starting Steam shortcut: steam://rungameid/18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnEventArrived] - ProcessWatcher:OnEventArrived contains class name InstanceCreationEvent
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'Started'.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Process 'mame64.exe' started.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [EnableActiveWindowHook] - Enabling proxy active window hook.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Adding new subscriber to ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [EnableHook] - Window event hook enabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:16 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Game Startup' - Handle: '524330'.
2019-06-22 09:24:16 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Game Startup' - Handle: '524330'
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'.
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'MAME: Smash T.V. (rev 8.00) [smashtv]' - Handle: '262556'.
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'MAME: Smash T.V. (rev 8.00) [smashtv]' - Handle: '262556'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Big Box' - Handle: '131574'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Big Box' - Handle: '131574'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnEventArrived] - ProcessWatcher:OnEventArrived contains class name InstanceDeletionEvent
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'Stopped'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Process 'mame64.exe' stopped.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcWatcher] - Disposing previous ProcessWatcher instance.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Stop] - EventWatcher disabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisableActiveWindowHook] - Disabling proxy active window hook.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Removing subscriber from ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Last subscriber unsubscribed from ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [DisableHook] - Window event hook disabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:20 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnGameExited] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnGameExited()
2019-06-22 09:24:20 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:24:35 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:35 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamMenuItem] [.ctor] - SteamLauncher v0.9.3.0 loaded (64-bit mode) from 'T:\LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncher.dll'.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamSystemMenuItem] [.ctor] - ISystemMenuItemPlugin loaded - 'UniversalSteamLaunching' is set to True.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [.ctor] - IGameLaunchingPlugin loaded.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnBeforeGameLaunching] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnBeforeGameLaunching() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Adding a RepairPath to the config - Id: 93f68371-9926-4245-919d-98fb1f24ef4c - Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Set 'MAME' application path to the proxy executable.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnAfterGameLaunched] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnAfterGameLaunched() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Repairing application paths...
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Successfully repaired path! Title: 'MAME' - Path before repair: 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe' - Path after repair: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameShortcut] [.ctor] - Creating Game Shortcut - Platform: 'Arcade'; Title: 'Smash T.V.'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Generating Steam shortcut...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - LaunchBox directory located at: 'T:\LaunchBox'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Exe Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Arguments: '-keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Start Directory: 'D:\emulators\MAME'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Original Platform Name: Arcade; Custom Platform Name: Arcade; (Changed: False)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [.ctor] - Instantiating SteamContext singleton...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Initializing ClientShortcuts...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamInstallPath] - Setting Steam installation path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamClientDllPath] - Setting Steam Client DLL path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamExePath] - Setting Steam EXE path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - Attempting to retrieve Steam PID from registry value named 'pid' inside the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - The Steam PID value retrieved from the registry is '5160'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [SteamProcess] - Steam is already running.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Beginning initialization of Steam...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Steam initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientEngine interface...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - ClientEngine initialization succeded! (CLIENTENGINE_INTERFACE_VERSION005)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientShortcuts interface...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [GetShortcutsInterfacePtr] - 'GetIClientShortcuts' vtable entry located at index '54' (IClientEngine+0x1B0).
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - ClientShortcuts initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - Attempting to retrieve Steam PID from registry value named 'pid' inside the key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\ActiveProcess'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamPid] - The Steam PID value retrieved from the registry is '5160'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Setting LastKnownSteamPid: 5160
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - Searching 2 shortcuts to find all SteamLauncher shortcuts.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - SteamLauncher shortcut found: [2147483650] Smash T.V. (Arcade)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [RecycleShortcut] - Recycling shortcut with AppID: 2147483650
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - Assigning properties to existing Steam shortcut: [2147483650] 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' | "D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe" | "D:\emulators\MAME" | -keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [ResolveShortcutId] - Attempting to resolve ShortcutID for Smash T.V. (Arcade)...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' ShortcutID resolved to: 18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [LauncherToExe] [ResolveRelationship] - No Launcher-to-Exe relationship found for file 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [StartProcessWatcher] - Starting ProcessWatcher on 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [.ctor] - Instantiated ProcessWatcher for file 'mame64.exe' (WaitForStartTimeout: 10s).
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Start] - EventWatcher enabled.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - Scheduling Process Start Timeout Check.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [LaunchShortcut] - Starting Steam shortcut: steam://rungameid/18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - ProcessWatcher timeout triggered (process did not start in allotted time).
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'WaitForStartTimeout'.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Timed out waiting for 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcWatcher] - Disposing previous ProcessWatcher instance.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Stop] - EventWatcher disabled.
2019-06-22 09:29:26 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnGameExited] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnGameExited()
2019-06-22 09:29:26 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.

Have a few feature requests but don't want to be too cheeky about it. You work hard enough fella!

6 hours ago, JedExodus said:

Heya, having trouble loading up Mame for some reason. The oddest part is that it'll work if I have my Steam controller off and click the game with my mouse so the overlay is in desktop mode, but if the Steam overlay is on big picture mode for any reason it there's nothing doing

Reveal hidden contents

2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamMenuItem] [.ctor] - SteamLauncher v0.9.3.0 loaded (64-bit mode) from 'T:\LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncher.dll'.

2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamSystemMenuItem] [.ctor] - ISystemMenuItemPlugin loaded - 'UniversalSteamLaunching' is set to True.
2019-06-22 09:23:12 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [.ctor] - IGameLaunchingPlugin loaded.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnBeforeGameLaunching] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnBeforeGameLaunching() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Adding a RepairPath to the config - Id: 93f68371-9926-4245-919d-98fb1f24ef4c - Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:08 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Set 'MAME' application path to the proxy executable.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnAfterGameLaunched] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnAfterGameLaunched() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Repairing application paths...
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Successfully repaired path! Title: 'MAME' - Path before repair: 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe' - Path after repair: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:10 [INFO] [GameShortcut] [.ctor] - Creating Game Shortcut - Platform: 'Arcade'; Title: 'Smash T.V.'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Generating Steam shortcut...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - LaunchBox directory located at: 'T:\LaunchBox'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Exe Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Arguments: '-keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Start Directory: 'D:\emulators\MAME'
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Original Platform Name: Arcade; Custom Platform Name: Arcade; (Changed: False)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [.ctor] - Instantiating SteamContext singleton...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Initializing ClientShortcuts...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamInstallPath] - Setting Steam installation path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamClientDllPath] - Setting Steam Client DLL path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamExePath] - Setting Steam EXE path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe'
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [SteamProcess] - Steam is already running.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Beginning initialization of Steam...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Steam initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientEngine interface...
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - ClientEngine initialization succeded! (CLIENTENGINE_INTERFACE_VERSION005)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientShortcuts interface...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [GetShortcutsInterfacePtr] - 'GetIClientShortcuts' vtable entry located at index '54' (IClientEngine+0x1B0).
    2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - ClientShortcuts initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Setting LastKnownSteamPid: 5160
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - Searching 2 shortcuts to find all SteamLauncher shortcuts.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - SteamLauncher shortcut found: [2147483650] Smash T.V. (Arcade)
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [RecycleShortcut] - Recycling shortcut with AppID: 2147483650
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - Assigning properties to existing Steam shortcut: [2147483650] 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' | "D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe" | "D:\emulators\MAME" | -keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [ResolveShortcutId] - Attempting to resolve ShortcutID for Smash T.V. (Arcade)...
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' ShortcutID resolved to: 18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [LauncherToExe] [ResolveRelationship] - No Launcher-to-Exe relationship found for file 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [StartProcessWatcher] - Starting ProcessWatcher on 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [.ctor] - Instantiated ProcessWatcher for file 'mame64.exe' (WaitForStartTimeout: 10s).
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Start] - EventWatcher enabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - Scheduling Process Start Timeout Check.
2019-06-22 09:24:11 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [LaunchShortcut] - Starting Steam shortcut: steam://rungameid/18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnEventArrived] - ProcessWatcher:OnEventArrived contains class name InstanceCreationEvent
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'Started'.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Process 'mame64.exe' started.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [EnableActiveWindowHook] - Enabling proxy active window hook.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Adding new subscriber to ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:15 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [EnableHook] - Window event hook enabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:16 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Game Startup' - Handle: '524330'.
2019-06-22 09:24:16 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Game Startup' - Handle: '524330'
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'.
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'MAME: Smash T.V. (rev 8.00) [smashtv]' - Handle: '262556'.
2019-06-22 09:24:17 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'MAME: Smash T.V. (rev 8.00) [smashtv]' - Handle: '262556'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe' - Handle: '196770'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [WinEventProc] - WinEventProc - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Big Box' - Handle: '131574'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged] - ProxyOnActiveWindowChanged Event - Window Title: 'LaunchBox Big Box' - Handle: '131574'
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnEventArrived] - ProcessWatcher:OnEventArrived contains class name InstanceDeletionEvent
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'Stopped'.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Process 'mame64.exe' stopped.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcWatcher] - Disposing previous ProcessWatcher instance.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Stop] - EventWatcher disabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisableActiveWindowHook] - Disabling proxy active window hook.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Removing subscriber from ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [ActiveWindowChanged] - Last subscriber unsubscribed from ActiveWindowChanged.
2019-06-22 09:24:19 [INFO] [ActiveWindow] [DisableHook] - Window event hook disabled.
2019-06-22 09:24:20 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnGameExited] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnGameExited()
2019-06-22 09:24:20 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:24:35 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Saving config file.
2019-06-22 09:24:35 [INFO] [Config] [Save] - Config file saved.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamMenuItem] [.ctor] - SteamLauncher v0.9.3.0 loaded (64-bit mode) from 'T:\LaunchBox\Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncher.dll'.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [LaunchViaSteamSystemMenuItem] [.ctor] - ISystemMenuItemPlugin loaded - 'UniversalSteamLaunching' is set to True.
2019-06-22 09:24:44 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [.ctor] - IGameLaunchingPlugin loaded.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnBeforeGameLaunching] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnBeforeGameLaunching() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Adding a RepairPath to the config - Id: 93f68371-9926-4245-919d-98fb1f24ef4c - Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [SetLauncherExeToProxy] - Set 'MAME' application path to the proxy executable.
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnAfterGameLaunched] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnAfterGameLaunched() - Game: Smash T.V. '..\arcade\smashtv.zip' - Emulator: MAME 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Repairing application paths...
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [RestoreAppPaths] - Successfully repaired path! Title: 'MAME' - Path before repair: 'Plugins\SteamLauncher\SteamLauncherProxy.exe' - Path after repair: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:14 [INFO] [GameShortcut] [.ctor] - Creating Game Shortcut - Platform: 'Arcade'; Title: 'Smash T.V.'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Generating Steam shortcut...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - LaunchBox directory located at: 'T:\LaunchBox'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Exe Path: 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Arguments: '-keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Start Directory: 'D:\emulators\MAME'
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GenerateShortcut] - Original Platform Name: Arcade; Custom Platform Name: Arcade; (Changed: False)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [.ctor] - Instantiating SteamContext singleton...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Initializing ClientShortcuts...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamInstallPath] - Setting Steam installation path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamClientDllPath] - Setting Steam Client DLL path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [GetSteamExePath] - Setting Steam EXE path to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe'
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamProcessInfo] [SteamProcess] - Steam is already running.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Beginning initialization of Steam...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitSteam] - Steam initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientEngine interface...
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientEngineInterface] - ClientEngine initialization succeded! (CLIENTENGINE_INTERFACE_VERSION005)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - Beginning initialization of the ClientShortcuts interface...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [GetShortcutsInterfacePtr] - 'GetIClientShortcuts' vtable entry located at index '54' (IClientEngine+0x1B0).
    2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [InitClientShortcutsInterface] - ClientShortcuts initialization succeeded!
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamContext] [ClientShortcuts] - Setting LastKnownSteamPid: 5160
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - Searching 2 shortcuts to find all SteamLauncher shortcuts.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [GetSteamLauncherShortcuts] - SteamLauncher shortcut found: [2147483650] Smash T.V. (Arcade)
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [RecycleShortcut] - Recycling shortcut with AppID: 2147483650
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - Assigning properties to existing Steam shortcut: [2147483650] 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' | "D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe" | "D:\emulators\MAME" | -keyboardprovider dinput "T:\arcade\smashtv.zip"
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [ResolveShortcutId] - Attempting to resolve ShortcutID for Smash T.V. (Arcade)...
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [AssignShortcutProperties] - 'Smash T.V. (Arcade)' ShortcutID resolved to: 18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [LauncherToExe] [ResolveRelationship] - No Launcher-to-Exe relationship found for file 'D:\emulators\MAME\mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [StartProcessWatcher] - Starting ProcessWatcher on 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [.ctor] - Instantiated ProcessWatcher for file 'mame64.exe' (WaitForStartTimeout: 10s).
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Start] - EventWatcher enabled.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - Scheduling Process Start Timeout Check.
2019-06-22 09:29:15 [INFO] [SteamShortcutManager] [LaunchShortcut] - Starting Steam shortcut: steam://rungameid/18376342700698894336
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [ScheduleProcessStartTimeoutCheck] - ProcessWatcher timeout triggered (process did not start in allotted time).
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [OnProcessStatusUpdated] - Invoking 'StatusUpdatedEventHandler' for event type 'WaitForStartTimeout'.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcessWatcherOnStatusUpdated] - Timed out waiting for 'mame64.exe'.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [ProcWatcher] - Disposing previous ProcessWatcher instance.
2019-06-22 09:29:25 [INFO] [ProcessWatcher] [Stop] - EventWatcher disabled.
2019-06-22 09:29:26 [INFO] [GameLaunchingPlugin] [OnGameExited] - GameLaunchingPlugin:OnGameExited()
2019-06-22 09:29:26 [INFO] [ProxyEmulator] [DisposeProxyEmulator] - Disposing ProxyEmulator.

Have a few feature requests but don't want to be too cheeky about it. You work hard enough fella!

Hey @JedExodus, there is a known compatibility issue with using the plugin while Steam Big Picture Mode is running. This is actually the next uncompleted item on my to-do list for the plugin, so hopefully I will be able to investigate/fix this issue for the next release. It will be interesting to see what the issue is as there really should not be any big difference between launching a game via Steam while BPM is on/off. As far as the plugin not working while your Steam controller is on, all you need to do is change the setting so that BPM is not launched when you turn on your controller (or turn you controller on and then exit BPM). Believe it or not, I don't actually use Mame, but there are certainly a lot of other people that do with the plugin. @cammelspit has a lot of experience with Mame actually. Looking at your log (at least the 1st launch attempt), it appears that everything worked correctly and that Mame started successfully. Being that I have no experience with Mame, I don't really know if the launch arguments and stuff look correct... Does Mame support compressed roms (I see that your rom is zipped and I don't see that your have LB set to decompress the rom prior to launching)? One thing you can do is open up Steam, click "Library" and click the last option "Hidden". You should then see the hidden shortcut that the plugin created. You can check the properties of that shortcut to make sure everything looks correct and you can also try launching the shortcut manually to see if it works. I might ask @cammelspit to look at your log to see if your Mame launch args look the same as his. Report back here with your results and we will go from there.

I'm always happy to take feature requests so don't be shy! ? I appreciate the sentiments however.

5 hours ago, Lahma said:

Hey @JedExodus, there is a known compatibility issue with using the plugin while Steam Big Picture Mode is running. This is actually the next uncompleted item on my to-do list for the plugin, so hopefully I will be able to investigate/fix this issue for the next release. It will be interesting to see what the issue is as there really should not be any big difference between launching a game via Steam while BPM is on/off. As far as the plugin not working while your Steam controller is on, all you need to do is change the setting so that BPM is not launched when you turn on your controller (or turn you controller on and then exit BPM). Believe it or not, I don't actually use Mame, but there are certainly a lot of other people that do with the plugin. @cammelspit has a lot of experience with Mame actually. Looking at your log (at least the 1st launch attempt), it appears that everything worked correctly and that Mame started successfully. Being that I have no experience with Mame, I don't really know if the launch arguments and stuff look correct... Does Mame support compressed roms (I see that your rom is zipped and I don't see that your have LB set to decompress the rom prior to launching)? One thing you can do is open up Steam, click "Library" and click the last option "Hidden". You should then see the hidden shortcut that the plugin created. You can check the properties of that shortcut to make sure everything looks correct and you can also try launching the shortcut manually to see if it works. I might ask @cammelspit to look at your log to see if your Mame launch args look the same as his. Report back here with your results and we will go from there.

I'm always happy to take feature requests so don't be shy! ? I appreciate the sentiments however.

I am definitely a novice when it comes to MAME, but it certainly seems to work with (nay require) zipped files. I have tried forcing the video mode to OpenGL inside MAME just to make sure the Steam overlay worked with it. When I launch with desktop steam overlay successfully and map controls to my Steam Controller it opens this up in a second window, with all the big picture mode . However it is binding to desktop mode only. So it doesn't seem to be picking up this instance of the game I think? Unchecking the option to use Big Picture mode and then launching with Steam controller the game still fails to boot as well funnily. 

As far as the cheeky features go I was thinking of being to enable or disable on a per game or per platform basis. I run my ScummVM games through a launcher (there's probably a far more sensible way to do this) and that isn't compatible for me. Not sure if it's possible but would be very nice for the fringe case games/platforms so it's smoother when launching BigBox on the main telly.

Thanks again! 

PS. Oh and the launch arguments look normal to me, just a mirror of LB's

Edited by JedExodus
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 4:22 PM, JedExodus said:

I am definitely a novice when it comes to MAME, but it certainly seems to work with (nay require) zipped files. I have tried forcing the video mode to OpenGL inside MAME just to make sure the Steam overlay worked with it. When I launch with desktop steam overlay successfully and map controls to my Steam Controller it opens this up in a second window, with all the big picture mode . However it is binding to desktop mode only. So it doesn't seem to be picking up this instance of the game I think? Unchecking the option to use Big Picture mode and then launching with Steam controller the game still fails to boot as well funnily. 

As far as the cheeky features go I was thinking of being to enable or disable on a per game or per platform basis. I run my ScummVM games through a launcher (there's probably a far more sensible way to do this) and that isn't compatible for me. Not sure if it's possible but would be very nice for the fringe case games/platforms so it's smoother when launching BigBox on the main telly.

Thanks again! 

PS. Oh and the launch arguments look normal to me, just a mirror of LB's

Hey @JedExodus, like I said previously, I am a total Mame noob, but @cammelspit has been looking into this issue for like 2 days now (seriously.. he has spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out whats going on), and its become very clear that there has been some recent changes (Windows? Steam? Mame?) that have broken Mame with Steam. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) this is completely unrelated to my plugin and therefore is not something I can fix. You can verify this by adding Mame as a non-Steam shortcut to Steam and trying to run it with any controller turned on/plugged in. If you have your Mame video mode set to "auto", you will get a "MAME has stopped working" msg box. If you have your Mame video mode set to "opengl", the Mame process will silently crash/close. Hopefully someone in the Mame/Steam community will figure out what is going on with this soon, but until then, there is unfortunately not a lot I can do. If I have an over abundance of time one day, and the problem still isn't resolved, I can possibly try to debug the crash to try to narrow down the cause, but I would prefer to leave that up to others since it is obviously outside of the scope of the plugin. One thing I can say is that it does not appear to be related to a recent Windows 10 update... @cammelspit is running the latest Windows 10 update but I am running a much older Windows 10 version (1709), and we are seeing the same exact issue. 

Now, onto something I can offer you some help with... I can definitely help you to get your ScummVM launcher working with the plugin. It will probably only require a couple of simple steps. First, can you tell me specifically what launcher you're using and what format it is? Is it a .bat file or an .exe file? If it is a .bat file, you will likely need to use "Bat to Exe Converter" to convert the batch file to an exe. If the batch file stays open for the duration of the game/emulator, you should be able to just convert it to an exe and that should be all that is needed. If however the batch file just launches another exe and immediately closes, you will likely need to either modify that batch file so that it does stay open or you will need to add a "LauncherToExe" entry in my plugin's config.xml file (both still require you to convert the bat to an exe). It should only take about 5-10 min to setup. If you want, shoot me a msg on Steam and I will walk you through the process.

Adding a way to enable/disable SteamLauncher on a per-game or per-platform basis is actually not a bad idea... Should be simple enough to implement. I'm thinking some entries in the SteamLauncher config.xml such as the following might work:

<IgnoreDefinitions>
    <Ignore PlatformName="Sony Playstation" />
    <Ignore PlatformName="Windows" GameName="Celeste" />
</IgnoreDefinitions>

Would something like that work for you?

Edited by Lahma
  • Thanks 1

Lol, I even half typed a response but then decided to try it out myself and man oh man... Have I ever been down the rabbit hole here. I had all sorts of MAME related issues out of nowhere and since my config from when it was working hadn''t changed, I assumed it was a change in the Steam client. At this point, I haven't quite given up on this yet either because I haven't, to my own satisfaction, proven it to be a change in Steam or MAME itself. It may be possible to use a third party source port (MAMEUI perhaps?) and if that doesn't crash in the same way then at least we can have out Arcade games back again. If a source port exhibits the same problems, then well, i'm stumped. @JedExodus One thing I can promise you is that I will not gove up until I at least know what the heck is going on. If you wanna hit me up on Steam sometime I use the same user name there too so just le me know what yours is so I don't ignore your friend request. This is partially for me too so I am quite determined to figure something, ANYTHING out. @Lahma also helped a lot in narrowing it a bunch and ruling out quite a few things for me so I have at least a little better idea of where to look.

• Thanks 2

@Lahma That's magic! Will edit the config.xml when I get in from work and let you know how I get on. 

@cammelspit Thanks buddy, good to know you're as determine as myself (albeit with some actual knowledge to back it up compared to me) Researching the matter led me to a Steam forum post where the only help was from yourself (and the OP was an ungrateful tube) So I consider you the world's foremost expert on MAME and Steam Overlay now :P

I'll keep trawling and poking around myself. Someone on Reddit reckons it could be to so with Big Picture being very aggressive with handling controller assignment. I don't know how to get MAME to log events which would be useful tho.

Anyways thanks guys, LB community is stellar and you're both testament to that

3 hours ago, JedExodus said:

@Lahma That's magic! Will edit the config.xml when I get in from work and let you know how I get on. 

@cammelspit Thanks buddy, good to know you're as determine as myself (albeit with some actual knowledge to back it up compared to me) Researching the matter led me to a Steam forum post where the only help was from yourself (and the OP was an ungrateful tube) So I consider you the world's foremost expert on MAME and Steam Overlay now :P

I'll keep trawling and poking around myself. Someone on Reddit reckons it could be to so with Big Picture being very aggressive with handling controller assignment. I don't know how to get MAME to log events which would be useful tho.

Anyways thanks guys, LB community is stellar and you're both testament to that

@JedExodus, just to be clear, the "<IgnoreDefinitions>" config.xml entries I mentioned in my post were theoretical. I was asking if something like that would work for you if I implemented it in the next plugin update. If you add such entries to your config.xml file right now, they won't do anything. The actual implementation will probably look a little different but as long as something along those lines will work for you, I would be happy to implement said feature in the next plugin update.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lahma said:

@JedExodus, just to be clear, the "<IgnoreDefinitions>" config.xml entries I mentioned in my post were theoretical. I was asking if something like that would work for you if I implemented it in the next plugin update. If you add such entries to your config.xml file right now, they won't do anything. The actual implementation will probably look a little different but as long as something along those lines will work for you, I would be happy to implement said feature in the next plugin update.

AHH gotcha. If only it were that easy for yourself eh? :P As for going in and editing the XML that'd be grand for myself. Other users may find it a wee bit hands on possibly, but at this point we're getting down to v niche and particular requirements for fussy people like myself lol. 

Will have another poke about this evening and see if I can get ahold of @cammelspit on Steam, maybe if we put his knowledge and my cauliflower of a brain together we'll find what's causing the upset. As you say MAME's a big enough scene and community that it'll get addressed in some form or another eventually

Cheers mate!

@JedExodus Ok, I've done some more testing this morning and I have figured out what the problem child is... Steam. I loaded up an older version of MAME 0.198 which happens to be a version I had for literally months before this started happening, always worked great. Turns out that it's exhibiting the same behavior. I turned off the geforce experience entirely and still the same issue so it's not overlays fighting. The only thing I can't do is roll Steam back to an older version to control for that and it is the ONLY variable I have not been able to eliminate. In case you were wondering, MAMUI also has the same issue and all the 32bit versions of each as well. Unfortunately, I don't see anything else I can do here. The only solution I can think of is more of a really BAD workaround. In theory, Retroarch has several MAME cores and it is the only MAME port that 100% entirely changes the way MAME renders to the screen. Unfortunately I have literally never been able to use RA as MAME because of how badly implemented it is. RA already works with it's other cores on the latest versions of the Steam client so I have no doubt it will work. Part of the issue is RA does NOT keep their MAME cores very up to date, they can be months and months behind AND you have to trudge through RAs intensely bad UI and idiosyncratic way of doing things. Unfortunately, this is my next step assuming I can get RA working at all with a mostly updated MAME core. Also, in case you were wondering, I did test both the Steam stable and beta clients with the same results so the change that broke this was introduced in a recent update that has also been merged into stable. ?

• Thanks 1

I hate it, I hate it a LOOOOOT. But jeez, Ratroarch with their most up to date core, the one without the year after it, works well enough aside from a VERY slow loading time. Looks like im going to have to use this for the time being until I figure out a better solution.

• Thanks 1

@cammelspit @Lahma 

I ONLY WENT AND BLOODY SLOVED IT! For MAMEs Launch Parameters in LB take out the default that was added to enable the pause screens and replace with

-joystickprovider xinput -keyboardprovider win32

Then everything should work hunky dory, including the pause screens. Seems that the issues is to do with Steam and MAME fighting over the controller assignment as far as I can tell.

WOOP WOOP

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, JedExodus said:

@cammelspit @Lahma 

I ONLY WENT AND BLOODY SLOVED IT! For MAMEs Launch Parameters in LB take out the default that was added to enable the pause screens and replace with

Then everything should work hunky dory, including the pause screens. Seems that the issues is to do with Steam and MAME fighting over the controller assignment as far as I can tell.

WOOP WOOP

Wow, great job @JedExodus! Your persistence and dedication to solving the problem is probably going to be helpful to a lot of people. I'm thinking on the next plugin update that perhaps I should add a new entry/variable type to the "config.xml" file to help prevent people from running into this problem in the future. The entry would silently inject additional launch parameters into the existing parameters, and I could add these Mame parameters to the default SteamLauncher config.xml. The config.xml entry might look something like this:

<InjectParameters>
    <Inject EmulatorName="Mame" Parameters="-joystickprovider xinput -keyboardprovider win32" Position="end" />
    <Inject GameName="Doom" PlatformName="Windows" Parameters="+r_renderAPI 1" Position="start" />
</InjectParameters>

I don't know... Perhaps it isn't even worth the effort since there probably won't be many cases such as this (that require modification of launch parameters to work when launching through Steam). What do y'all think?

Note: I modified the plugin download page to provide information concerning the MAME compatibility problem and fix. Obviously, I gave proper credit to both @cammelspit and @JedExodus for their efforts in tracking down a fix for this problem (as well as credit to @JedExodus for ultimately resolving the issue).

Edited by Lahma
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, that is really a question I am not too sure about. On one hand, it is not anything to do with the plugin itself and on the other hand, it's an issue only is running MAME through Steam. There is also no guarantee that this will continue to be an issue in the future. I will say, most people won't really know about issues like this, if there ever are any others in the future, so being able to make default command line switches within the plugin indeed would help with some people who may not know about it. It's not an easy thing to decide if I think it's a good idea or not. I guess, do I think it's a good feature to have, allowing one to set switches that only apply while launching from Steam via the plugin? Yes, most definitely yes. There will always be small tweaks that will help the overlay work better in emulators and being able to make those apply only when needed is a great idea and should be 'relatively' simple and quite useful. Do I think there should be default switches that are just on from the start without needing the user interactions? That is the one I'm not too sure on. However, the user can always delete those settings of change them in the config.xml if they prefer so it's not that big a deal.

So, I guess yes, I'd say the feature is a good idea and worth doing.

Edited by cammelspit

@Lahma I agree with @cammelspit While I can't see any downside to the command line tweak some users mightn't care for the change for whatever reason. But then what's the point of having the plugin if it doesn't work. 

I dunno how feasible it is to implement, but a toggle in a GUI either through LB or in its own configurator  to edit the config.xml would be the Holy Grail for most end users. Obviously would require a butt load of work.

Thanks again guys for developing and testing  This plugin really just ties everything in my HTPC setup together so easily, with no stressing about controller assignment and the like. Everything just works now!

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I'll have to think about this a bit more before I make a decision either way. Concerning your idea about having a GUI to make changes to the config.xml in a more user-friendly manner, it is something I've already thought about. It actually wouldn't be too difficult to implement. The only thing that makes it a bit tricky is implementing a GUI/Window from a class library (DLL)... It isn't something that is done too often mostly because it doesn't make a lot of sense for most things, but it is most certainly possible to do... Should just a be a matter of referencing the correct .NET libraries and adding a bit of initialization code. I could technically probably even get LaunchBox/BigBox to spawn the window for me, but I'd have to do a bit of testing to see how feasible that is... The only real advantage I could see in doing it that way is that LB's controller input might work in my custom window that way without me having to duplicate all of that code myself (which I am definitely not going to do right now). I'll have to do some testing... I'll definitely let y'all know what I find out.

Hello, first of all thanks for making this amazing plug in, i've been using it for a while now and it was working great, but it broke recently.

It seems that as soon as you've introduced the new version that gets rid of the need to use the "Launch with Steam" option, the plugin stopped working for me.

I've downloaded the recent version as i understand some Steam compatibility issues were present.....and it still doesn't work.

The only way how i can make it work is if i disable this new automatic mode and just launch the games using the "Launch with Steam" option.
So here's what actually happens when i try to launch a game with the latest version of the plugin: i start the game and i get a standard windows loading ring animation for about a second and that's it, nothing happens after that.
I've noticed an interesting thing though, if i launch the SteamLauncherProxy manually and then try to launch the game from LaunchBox, it actually works, but instead of launching the game, it launches the emulator, but steam detects it as an actual game being played, displaying the correct name.
Is there anything that can be done to solve this?

Edited by Krovash
  • Game On 1