LaunchBox Community Forums

On 11/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, Lahma said:

Just wanted to let you guys know I got the plugin fixed and 100% working with Steam stable and the Steam beta. I just need to cleanup my code a bit and compile a new release. I will try to get it pushed out later today (tomorrow for me.. it is 5am and I still haven't gone to bed) if possible.

You magnificent son of a gun! Cheers man, as always no rush. Everyone's lucky to have you

Guys, I swear I haven't forgotten about y'all lol... Life has been crazy these last few weeks... Seeing as getting an official update out is taking a, quite frankly, ridiculous amount of time, please use this temporary release in the meantime. I compiled it the other day for someone specifically, but as far as I'm aware, it is working perfectly. Again, I'm really sorry for taking so long with this... I'm doing my best given the craziness life has thrown at me in recent days. It would be super useful if y'all could give me any feedback with this unofficial release before I actually post the official one. Please let me know if you have any problems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14MKAQ-nAi4g9LaDnGHCY13i0U-J1Z6sj

Edited by Lahma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lahma said:

Guys, I swear I haven't forgotten about y'all lol... Life has been crazy these last few weeks... Seeing as getting an official update out is taking a, quite frankly, ridiculous amount of time, please use this temporary release in the meantime. I compiled it the other day for someone specifically, but as far as I'm aware, it is working perfectly. Again, I'm really sorry for taking so long with this... I'm doing my best given the craziness life has thrown at me in recent days. It would be super useful if y'all could give me any feedback with this unofficial release before I actually post the official one. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks kindly man, Will let you know how I get on. Real-life always always comes first, don't feel any pressure on my end (or anyone else's for that matter) to get the release out.

Thanks again, you're a gentleman.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Lahma said:

Hi. First of all, thanks very much for the plugin. I'm using this beta version you've uploaded and it works great. But I encountered just two issues that I think it's worth mentioning.

The first one is regarding the name of the games that the plugin gets to display as "Now Playing". The issue is: if the name of the game on launchbox/BigBox has a number at the start or at the end of the game's name, it displays with a lot of zeros.

An example: "18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker" for Dreamcast is displayed as "0000000018 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (Sega Dreamcast)". Another example: "Bloody Roar 2" for the PSX is displayed as "Bloady Roar 00000000002 (Sony Playstation)".

I did some further testing by renaming the games on launchbox and got the following results:

If I add an underscore ("_") to the start or the end of the name, then the name is displayed correctly. For example: "_18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker" is displayed as "_18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (Sega Dreamcast)".

The same goes for Bloady Roar 2, if I change the name to "Bloady Roar 2_" the name is displayed as "Bloady Roar 2_ (Sony Playstation)".

It doesn't need to be an underscore. It can be any letter or character that isn't a number at the start or at the end of the game's name.

The second issue is that I can't bring Retroarch's menu up by pressing the guide button or even a button combo on the Xbox controller (L3+RB). I'm forced to press F1 on the keyboard to bring the menu up on screen, and after that I can mess with the retroarch menu using the joystick. With the plugin disabled, I can use the controller to bring up the menu using the guide button or a combo normally.

I hope it helps you to fix the issues. And again: thanks very much for the plugin. Is really usefull. I didn't had any crashes or hicups or anything besides the ones that I've mentioned. Really happy with it.

ps.:Most people just download it and never give feedback, but sometimes people are just not confortable with english language or they are just shy of posting on forums. But I can bet the ones that use your software are very happy that it works.

Edited by coleroddy

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Sounds like the Sort Title is being displayed instead of the actual Game Title.

Thanks for the help! In that case, is there anything I can do to remedy the situation? Or is it bound to the plugin software's code?

I would assume the plugin software is doing that. Was mostly leaving it as a note for the developer that they are probably calling the wrong title from the interface.

Ah I see. Thanks anyway, C-Beats. It's a small issue. Nothing game breaking though. Let's hope everything is ok with Lahma's life, so he could fix the issues when is possible.

18 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

@coleroddy I've noticed this as well for a few PS3 games.

WoW. Talk about coincidence. I was just testing exactly some ps3 games, and I came back to report just that I found the same issue on them. But the issue is not as I described earlier. It seems the numbers on names doesn't need necessary to be at the start or at the end of the name. They show a lot of zeroes if there are numbers in the middle of the name too. I tried "Persona 4 Arena Ultimax" and it showed the "4" in the name something like "Persona 0000004". Anyway, let's hope Lahma can solve the issue when he get time to do so.

Edited by coleroddy

3 hours ago, coleroddy said:

WoW. Talk about coincidence. I was just testing exactly some ps3 games, and I came back to report just that I found the same issue on them. But the issue is not as I described earlier. It seems the numbers on names doesn't need necessary to be at the start or at the end of the name. They show a lot of zeroes if there are numbers in the middle of the name too. I tried "Persona 4 Arena Ultimax" and it showed the "4" in the name something like "Persona 0000004". Anyway, let's hope Lahma can solve the issue when he get time to do so.

Yeah, its a very strange issue ha ha. I have him on Steam I'll try messaging him.

• Thanks 1