LaunchBox Community Forums

5 minutes ago, HTPCei said:

I just tried it out again, and it's now working correctly with all my current emulators: Retroarch, Demul, Dolphin, Cemu, and even PCSX2, including the configurator plugin!

I think other than the inital path fix, all I really did was restart my pc and everything worked fine this time,.. awesome work, thanks again!

That is great news! Sorry about the problem with it editing your emulator paths. I should have a new release pushed out soon that will prevent that problem from occurring for any new users. Thankfully though, I haven't heard of the issue reoccurring for anyone once they fixed the paths initially. Thanks for sharing your experience with the new beta. Please let me know if you come across any other issues.

I just tried to launch a few of the Windows games I have in launchbox, and it's coming up with a "Failed to Launch Shortcut " error.

I'm guessing this is the .exe thing you mentioned previously?

Can you let me know what to change in the config to get it working? 

(I messaged you on Steam as well)

Cheers

2 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

I was gonna tell you on Steam @Lahma but wanted to post here since I use the PCSX2 configurator too and played a game Saturday night and I  didn't have this problem. Maybe its random? Unless there was an update for the configurator  and I missed it and the new update messed up things?

PCSX2 configurator never worked for me with previous versions of Steamlauncher, but this time round I think all I needed to do was install this version, and restart my PC, so I think my "fail" was false, i.e. no actual issues with the plugin itself.  

Something I'm going to try later in the week: Launchiing a multiplayer game from launchbox, via steamlauncher, then joining the game from another PC using Parsec. I don't imagine there'dd be any problems with the plugin itself, but Steam and Parsec might not play nice together in terms of controller input conflict...

I'll update when I've had a go, if anyone else is interested to know the result?... Parsec Netplay anyone? :)

3 hours ago, HTPCei said:

Something I'm going to try later in the week: Launchiing a multiplayer game from launchbox, via steamlauncher, then joining the game from another PC using Parsec. I don't imagine there'dd be any problems with the plugin itself, but Steam and Parsec might not play nice together in terms of controller input conflict...

I'll update when I've had a go, if anyone else is interested to know the result?... Parsec Netplay anyone? :)

I think anyone who was having problems with PCSX2 configurator resolved the problem after fixing their paths and restarting LaunchBox/Steam, so I don't think there is any specific issue with it.

I am very interested to hear your results with Parsec. I personally have no experience using Parsec, but it definitely looks like it has a lot of potential (although they probably just got the worst news of their company's lifetime due to Google's announcement of Stadia this week). If I had to guess (and this is just a pure guess), I don't think you should probably have any controller input conflicts while using the Steam overlay since it simply emulates a normal xinput controller at the system level. Since I don't know how Parsec works though, I may be entirely wrong on that. If you do have problems with it, you may be able to get around the issues by using something such as lemasato's Non-Steam-Overlay-Manager utility or Alia5's GloSC utility. Please share your results! I would be down to try out some Parsec Netplay just to see how it performs. Are you in the US, and if so, what general area (wondering for latency purposes)?

I have looked through this entire thread and cannot find anyone that has had the same issue I have. The plug-in works GREAT with almost all games EXCEPT actual Steam games. Not a single Steam game I have added to Launchbox will launch since I added this plug-in.

Has anyone run into this problem? Or have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

53 minutes ago, ayrehead said:

I have looked through this entire thread and cannot find anyone that has had the same issue I have. The plug-in works GREAT with almost all games EXCEPT actual Steam games. Not a single Steam game I have added to Launchbox will launch since I added this plug-in.

Thanks in advance.

Why on earth would you need to use this plugin for actual Steam games? ?

21 minutes ago, The_Keeper86 said:

You said you couldn't launch any Steam games via this plugin.

My apologies maybe my original text wasn’t completely clear.

My ROMs launch through Steam fine but my actual Steam games won’t launch through Launch/BigBox with the plugin installed.

41 minutes ago, ayrehead said:

My apologies maybe my original text wasn’t completely clear.

My ROMs launch through Steam fine but my actual Steam games won’t launch through Launch/BigBox with the plugin installed.

Oh ok that makes sense now lol. Sorry. He's usually pretty quick with replying.

10 hours ago, ayrehead said:

Thanks in advance.

This is a problem with the current version of the plugin. I already have the problem fixed, so it will be in the next release of the plugin. Before pushing out another update, I'm trying to implement a number of other fixes, but I should have a new update posted pretty soon. In the meantime, the easiest way to bypass this problem is to just temporarily disable SteamLauncher via the "Tools" menu item before launching a Steam game. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't I already talk to you on Steam about this @ayrehead? Not that it is a big deal if I did, but I'm just trying to resolve who is who since I get confused whenever a user's Steam alias doesn't match their forum alias.

Edit: Turns out I was wrong and was getting @ayrehead mixed up with someone else. @ayrehead did message me on Steam though, so I'm continuing this dialog with him over Steam messaging. 

Edited by Lahma
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to give everyone a status update concerning the next update. I expected to have it out MUCH sooner, but I ran into a few bumps in the road when implementing support for DOSBox and ScummVM using the new universal Steam launching feature. I think I've gotten it all sorted out now, and I'm mostly working on cleaning up the implementation. I've fixed a lot of bugs (such as launching native Steam games through LB/BB), and I've completely eliminated the issue that some people were having where their emulator(s) path(s) could get corrupted on the first run. I'm a bit busy at the moment as I'm leaving town tomorrow, but when I get to my destination, I am going to try to finish up the final edits on the update so I can get it pushed out asap. As always, I will update the forum thread whenever I release the update. Thanks for the patience!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I must apologize again for taking so long to release this next update. I probably got a little over-ambitious, and I probably should have released the update with only the bug fixes and updates for the currently implemented features. Unfortunately when I started, I didn't know how much work it was going to be to implement support for DOSBox/ScummVM with the new "Universal Steam Launching" feature. Turns out, because of the way DOSBox/ScummVM support is implemented in LaunchBox, it required a LOT of weird workarounds to get working with this new methodology that I implemented in the last beta release. Thankfully, it does appear that I have it working now, and I'm not going to mess with it much more before I release the update. The DOSBox/ScummVM support will remain in a "beta state" for this next update, while everything else will be in a much more finished/polished state. I literally just got back home after being out of town for almost 2 weeks, and I'm leaving town again tomorrow (but just for the weekend). I THINK I will be able to have the update ready to push out at the beginning of next week if all goes well. Again, I'm really sorry for the long wait, but it should be worth it... I've fixed a lot of small bugs and annoyances. Thanks for the patience everyone!

• Like 5

@cammelspit has been helping me test the new update, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint), he identified an issue with game/emu focus when using non-default startup/shutdown screen values. I've been ridiculously busy, and unfortunately, that isn't going to change this week. I'm not going to make any guesstimates on a release window, as clearly I haven't been doing too well in that area ?. I do have a question for any of you who would care to answer though. Do any of y'all use LaunchBox's included implementation of DOSBox and/or ScummVM (like where you click the checkbox "Use DOSBox" or "Use ScummVM" for any given game)? I know a lot of people setup DOSBox or especially ScummVM as just another emulator platform and use it that way instead (using either their own DOSBox/ScummVM exe or the one included with LB). I've already finished adding support for the built-in DOSBox and ScummVM, so its kind of inconsequential at this point, but I'm mostly just curious. Sorry I haven't released the update as quickly as I thought I would, but I promise its not for a lack of effort or of lost interest in the plugin. It is coming! Perhaps we can blame @cammelspit for continuing to find bugs in my code? ?

• Like 2