LaunchBox Community Forums

faeran

GCFE

View File

A simple, clean, bare-bones, theme. Comes with 1 Platform View and 1 Game View. This theme is an off-shoot of my CoverBox - Gamecube theme. I liked it enough that I decided to turn it into a generic theme that can be used for any system.

This theme is designed to run in 1080p, and has been tested to run properly in 720p and 4k.

Installation Instructions

Spoiler

1. Open the GCFE.zip file and drag the folder into your LaunchBox\Themes folder.
2. Go into the GCFE\Fonts folder and install the BebasNeue Regular font.
3. Open BigBox, go to Options > Views and change the theme to GCFE

Platform View

Designed to move out of the way of the full screen platform videos, while still retaining a semblance of menu awareness. The bar fades completely away after a few seconds, and the clear logos fade to 10% of its opacity.

5a88d21fe96ba_GCFE-Platform-1.thumb.png.9f04c057ae236dcaea915dfb82c19e88.png

Game View

5a8a00dea0941_GCFE-GameView-1.thumb.png.f89467aa30dc238494e4fbac593e7643.png5a8a00e631b08_GCFE-GameView-2.thumb.png.76fdc79e87d433007b55db3b15242abf.png5a8a00ed04c96_GCFE-GameView-3.thumb.png.f461434298246e9a9591e860f6b6a1c0.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Version 1.1 has been released with a number of changes.

Platform View

• Added a peak feature for the wheel. When idle for a couple seconds, the wheel will hide itself at the bottom of the screen peaking out a little so you can remember where you were in the menu
  • The wheel now fades to 40% instead of 10%

Game View

• Replaced the orange-yellow highlight selector with a gradient border selector (requested by @Lordmonkus)
  • Added the box cover to this view. It animates from the right side after 3 seconds (requested by @bundangdon)

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, brenavich980 said:

Very nice. I’m using it now. The platform scroll wheel is perfect for my full video setup. Would be nice if you could patch in the stock games menu views as well. Was hoping to use coverflow with details for this theme. 

Thanks @brenavich980. You can actually accomplish this in the options menu. You can select a different theme for each game system if you want.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2018 at 7:15 PM, faeran said:

GCFE

View File

A simple, clean, bare-bones, theme. Comes with 1 Platform View and 1 Game View. This theme is an off-shoot of my CoverBox - Gamecube theme. I liked it enough that I decided to turn it into a generic theme that can be used for any system.

This theme is designed to run in 1080p, and has been tested to run properly in 720p and 4k.

Installation Instructions

Reveal hidden contents

1. Open the GCFE.zip file and drag the folder into your LaunchBox\Themes folder.
2. Go into the GCFE\Fonts folder and install the BebasNeue Regular font.
3. Open BigBox, go to Options > Views and change the theme to GCFE

Platform View

Designed to move out of the way of the full screen platform videos, while still retaining a semblance of menu awareness. The bar fades completely away after a few seconds, and the clear logos fade to 10% of its opacity.

5a88d21fe96ba_GCFE-Platform-1.thumb.png.9f04c057ae236dcaea915dfb82c19e88.png

Game View

5a8a00dea0941_GCFE-GameView-1.thumb.png.f89467aa30dc238494e4fbac593e7643.png5a8a00e631b08_GCFE-GameView-2.thumb.png.76fdc79e87d433007b55db3b15242abf.png5a8a00ed04c96_GCFE-GameView-3.thumb.png.f461434298246e9a9591e860f6b6a1c0.png

Would you be able to change the game info font color (year, name, genre, etc...) to something more neutral like white? Or, could you lead me to where I can change it myself? I absolutely love your theme, but the purple color clashes with systems other than GameCube. Thank you for your work! <3 

EDIT: I found and changed it. Now if only I could figure out how to stretch platform background videos and add scanlines X___X

Edited by MrIndieJ

• 4 months later...

hi i have ain issue with the theme, in my games collection the icons of the gamecube controllers that correspond to single player, multiplayer etc, don't appear except for the arcade platform, please help me with this issue, I like this theme a lot because it shows exactly what I need to view from my games, thanks in advance.

GCFE wrong icon.jpg

Edited by DragoonDemon4

14 minutes ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

hi i have ain issue with the theme, in my games collection the icons of the gamecube controllers that correspond to single player, multiplayer etc, don't appear except for the arcade platform, please help me with this issue, I like this theme a lot because it shows exactly what I need to view from my games, thanks in advance.

GCFE wrong icon.jpg

Hi @DragoonDemon4. Glad you like the theme. Looks like the issue stems from language. The easiest way to fix that would be to go to this location and change the file names to match the text of your play modes options.

Launchbox\Theme\GCFE\Images\Icons\Play Mode\

Let me know how that goes.

26 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

@faeran I've been wanting to ask this for a while, and I've been searching through all of the theme's folders and files, but how can I change the size of the box artwork? I just want to make it a little bigger

Sure. Let me know if this is big enough. I can make adjustments if needed.

Overwrite the following file into the "Views" folder (ie: LaunchBox\Themes\GCFE\Views\  ) 

TextGamesView.xaml

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there, first of all, thanks a lot for this theme!

I really love the Game View, sadly the Platform View doesn't work for me because I use the Platform Categories View and it looks odd.

Could you maybe add a very simple and clean Platform Categories View like the one in the fundamental dark theme?

It would be the best of both worlds!

Thank you anyway. ☺️