LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Core and FinalBurn COMBO in retroarch

dov_EL

I finally found an ideal solution to best use the MAME 0.195 Retroarch Core with all the games , 
However, it remains the last problem to be fixed, namely: All games accept the commands that mainly imposed in retroarch, except for the MVS NEO GEO games that reverse the 1 key with the 2 button.
Now, we're lucky that Launchbox separates all the MVS games into one group, so I could try to run only those games with retroarch's CORE OF FINAL BURN , and then assign the precise commands for this core. . 
I created a new platform called "NEOGEO" where the PATH for emulation was retroarch. I assigned -L "cores \ finalburn etc etc"
I selected all the MVS roms from the launchbox, -> Edit -> Emulator. And so I assigned NEOGEO (ie launchbox with finalburn). . 
I do not know why, the games do not start. Double click and nothing starts.
I can not understand where I'm wrong.
The roms are from the 0.195 version of MAME, and finalBurn is the latest version of retroarch1.7.1

Any Help ? 

PS. The problem of aspect Ration , is DRIVER DX 11 , 
Work perfect with DX 12 , Vulkan etc. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by dovella

Well , The only solution is to use the command line, otherwise, no solution works . 

There are about 150 MVS games, and changing them all by hand is not a good thing.
That's why I asked Jason for the option to change the group command line

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

can't you just go into RA change the controller to how you want and set a per core override that will apply to just any games you launch with fba core

the problem is that the Arcade and SNK AES games are unified

Can'y you just make a copy of the FBA core change the the name? Example FBAMVS_.Lib.. You should understand? Then in LB under Retroarch emulator point it to that core make a config for that..Edit the controller settings for that config and all should be fine..It works.. You can have two different controller settings or more for your MAME pack.

12 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The problem is you are not using the correct command line for a custom config in Retroarch. To use a custom config you need the "-c "config\[custom config name here]" command. So it should look like this:

Capture.JPG

I fully understand the command line. Now explain to me how I can differentiate the Arcade games (traditional) from MVS games, and start the Arcade games with the COre of MAME, and the MVS games with the core of Final Burn

1 hour ago, dovella said:

I fully understand the command line. Now explain to me how I can differentiate the Arcade games (traditional) from MVS games, and start the Arcade games with the COre of MAME, and the MVS games with the core of Final Burn

Just separate the roms into unique platforms and tell each platform to use the correct Retroarch core. That's all you need to do. You don't even need a separate emulator. Just updated the associated platforms tab in your Retroarch manage emulators screen to include the Arcade and SNK Neo Geo MVS (or whatever you call it) platforms and assign the cores. Just make sure the names you enter in the associated platforms field matches exactly how you named the platform. So the associated platforms tab of your Retroarch would have lines looking something like this:

Capture.PNG

59 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Just separate the roms into unique platforms and tell each platform to use the correct Retroarch core. That's all you need to do. You don't even need a separate emulator. Just updated the associated platforms tab in your Retroarch manage emulators screen to include the Arcade and SNK Neo Geo MVS (or whatever you call it) platforms and assign the cores. Just make sure the names you enter in the associated platforms field matches exactly how you named the platform. So the associated platforms tab of your Retroarch would have lines looking something like this:

Capture.PNG

The easiest way would probably be Tools/Add missing playlists let it create all the playlists, then close launchbox and go to Launchbox/Data/Playlists and delete them all except neo geo mvs. Then open Launchbox highlight all the games in that platform and change the emulator.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The easiest way would probably be Tools/Add missing playlists let it create all the playlists, then close launchbox and go to Launchbox/Data/Playlists and delete them all except neo geo mvs. Then open Launchbox highlight all the games in that platform and change the emulator.

Ahh yes playlist option would require less pain in copying out roms from a folder. 

I would imagine you could simple import the same roms to their own platform using the force duplicate checkbox and not have to copy them out name the Platform with AES on the end and point it to whichever core you want. Lots of different ways to skin this cat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Capture.PNG

NO NO and NO , not work 

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yes, Yes and yes.

@Retro808 said,

The problem is you are not using the correct command line for a custom config in Retroarch. To use a custom config you need the "-c "config\[custom config name here]" command. So it should look like this:

Capture.JPG

What is the custom config of Finalburn?