LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox startup sound stuttering

Codiox

Hey Guys,

i got launchbox / big box over a year now and im having a blast.

But one thing i cant fix. When im starting bigbox, the bootup sound is always stuttering. i have big box installed on a normal HDD (5400rpm), but this cant be a problem right?

what can i do to make the bootup sound not suttering?

thank you!

• 1 month later...

Yup.  The startup sound definitely stutters on me for every single load, without exception.  And I have a powerful system with an SSD.  Must be a bad sound file that doesn't get updated when using the auto update feature.

Are you talking about the startup sound from a .wav file in the sounds folder or the audio from a startup video? 

If from the .wav file have you tried a different sound file? If you play the sound file outside of BigBox does it stutter also? You can download different sound files to use in BigBox. The stock ones work fine on each of my machines. 

If it is the audio from a startup video file have you tried switching video from VLC to Windows Media or vice versa?

As it turns out, it's not the sound file (startup.wav from the Launchbox/Sounds/Sci-Fi Set 1 by Clavius/ folder.  When I play the sound file itself, it works without issue.  As I look closer, I can see that the stutter in the sound is happening when the currently selected platform loads its image that image "folds" on-screen during BigBox initialization sequence.

• 1 month later...

At the same time probably not everyone can understand English either thus them typing in Spanish or Portuguese (or any other language for that matter) to be honest we don't ever tell anyone what language to post in and if you are interested in what the post says just run it through Google translate or ignore it.

3 hours ago, Codiox said:

¿Puedes escribir en inglés? Este es un foro internacional, pero no todos entienden español. 

Gracias. 

Lo siento mi hermano pero español es el único idioma que hablo. 

Así que puedes utilizar perfectamente el traductor de Google para saber lo que digo. 

Afortunadamente mi teléfono hace la traducción automática al español de todos sus comentarios. 

27 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

At the same time probably not everyone can understand English either thus them typing in Spanish or Portuguese (or any other language for that matter) to be honest we don't ever tell anyone what language to post in and if you are interested in what the post says just run it through Google translate or ignore it.

Okay dann werde ich jetzt auch nur noch in deutsch schreiben wenn das eh egal ist ;)

I have had the exact same issue with the stuttering startup sound. I disabled it recently since it was pretty annoying. Never thought about posting about it until I saw this thread, and it appears others are experiencing it. Any ideas on this? 

Edited by zorkiii

9 hours ago, zorkiii said:

He tenido exactamente el mismo problema con el sonido de inicio tartamudeo. Lo deshabilité recientemente, ya que era bastante molesto. Nunca pensé en publicar sobre él hasta que vi este hilo, y parece que otros lo están experimentando. Alguna idea sobre esto? 

Una de las formas en la cual he quitado el tartamudeo de inicio es poner en la opción de vista de inicio predeterminada en plataformas, ya que si pongo la opción de todos los juegos aparece de nuevo el tartamudeo. Esto me sucede con los dos temas que vienen por defecto en BigBox. 

La otra opción que me funcionó también fue descargar un tema nuevo. En este caso use city Hunter y no hubo tartamudo alguno. 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:16 PM, DOS76 said:

Should it not be a kind and social gesture when someone does not speak English (the main language spoken by the hosts of this house) to translate their own text in google translate (if you know how Launchbox works you do know how google translate works) so another person would not have to? I mean I am not an English native speaker but I would never talk in Dutch here (Although I have when someone talked Spanish to me to make a point lol), if I couldn't speak English I would translate it as a gesture of kindness towards others, I would feel bad if I would let others translate what I typed. I could even type in Dutch in that scenario and paste the same text translated in English beneath it.

I am a bit annoyed, while moderating, a person (maybe more) are also talking in Spanish when giving their reasons for changes and even go that far to edit descriptions of games from English to Spanish. I don't think this is the right way to go, simply for the reason to keep it simple for everyone, if we all would talk our own language (there are quite a few countries present here) and we all had to grab a translate tool wouldn't that complicate things far too much and cost loads more time while it could be so simple? Anyhow, I respect everyone and your decisions this is just my given opinion on the matter. 'Dank u wel' (I'll provide a link for your ease: https://translate.google.com/), muchas gracias. 

• 2 weeks later...