LaunchBox Community Forums

What about BigBox updates???

imagamejunky

Most new features that are implemented in LB are typically also implemented in BB as well (retroachievements for example).  I think right now Jason is just focusing on trying to get LBNEXT feature-complete as compared to OLB... then maybe new features will start showing in LBNEXT (and I assume BB as well if history goes to show how he does it that is) :)

Almost all development has been focused on LBN for the last few months. It is almost ready for release there are some bugs being exterminated (Hopefully) as we speak after that is released wide spread to the public and any new issues that arise are ironed out then new features for both LB and BB should resume. We thank you for your patience.

A lot of the new stuff that people wanted for Launchbox / BigBox was going to be difficult and time consuming to implement so Jason rewrote Launchbox to make future development easier. It was a step backwards to make going forward much easier.

As DOS76 said, Launchbox Next is close to done aside from some annoying hard to pin down bugs, once those are ironed out the bigger new features from the last poll will be worked on.

2 minutes ago, mameau said:

is there any reason why Commode 64 Tapes selection has been removed from the platform category ?

Not quite sure what you mean there, you can have anything you want as a platform. I dont think Commodore 64 Tapes was ever one of the default ones either, that sounds like a custom platform to me.

Well a rocketlauncher fade is a screen which shows what game is loading along with loading/unzipping progress bar, which closes out once the game is loaded. I assumed Game startup launch screen is the same thing. At the moment you can have the now loading box when you load a game, this will just be a full screen version of that, as far as i understand it. Of course i have been wrong many times though. ;) 

49 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well a rocketlauncher fade is a screen which shows what game is loading along with loading/unzipping progress bar, which closes out once the game is loaded. I assumed Game startup launch screen is the same thing. At the moment you can have the now loading box when you load a game, this will just be a full screen version of that, as far as i understand it. Of course i have been wrong many times though. ;) 

Yah that is essentially what the Fade in and out feature is. Progress bar with some information like times played and such on top of a wallpaper. Sure then there's options for gif animations next to the loading bar and such. 

I know Jason has said in the past he didn't necessarily wanna takle everything Rocketlauncher launcher because it might be a lot maintenance and getting every emulator working. 

But correct me if I'm wrong but RL isn't updated that regularly and I the newest scripts for new emulators has been made by the community. 

On a personal note I'd love to see it implemented just because I can already imagine it being better. 

1 hour ago, ALIE said:

I know Jason has said in the past he didn't necessarily wanna takle everything Rocketlauncher launcher because it might be a lot maintenance and getting every emulator working. 

But correct me if I'm wrong but RL isn't updated that regularly and I the newest scripts for new emulators has been made by the community.

You're correct that the latest modules and module changes have been done by the community but even in open source projects someone has to manage, test, and ultimately implement them. Emulator changes that break the modules are pretty infrequent but add that to the fact not all emulators play nice with fade/bezels and require special attention and spread that across a few hundred emulators which could change things at anytime, it adds up.

The fact that LB is closed source and Jason is the sole developer means the troubleshooting, implementation, debugging, etc. is all on his shoulders and the community can't really help at all there. So add the initial implementation and testing of the new features and the emulator changes that will require attention to everything he already has to maintain, bug reports, and the never ending stream of new requests and tackling a bunch of RL features becomes a larger task than most people realize.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

You're correct that the latest modules and module changes have been done by the community but even in open source projects someone has to manage, test, and ultimately implement them. Emulator changes that break the modules are pretty infrequent but add that to the fact not all emulators play nice with fade/bezels and require special attention and spread that across a few hundred emulators which could change things at anytime, it adds up.

The fact that LB is closed source and Jason is the sole developer means the troubleshooting, implementation, debugging, etc. is all on his shoulders and the community can't really help at all there. So add the initial implementation and testing of the new features and the emulator changes that will require attention to everything he already has to maintain, bug reports, and the never ending stream of new requests and tackling a bunch of RL features becomes a larger task than most people realize.

True but i was thinking something like the add on system isn't monitored by Jason. This could work the same way? 

But yah I see your point.