LaunchBox Community Forums

Calling All Media and Theme Creators!

Jason Carr

57 minutes ago, uv777bk said:

Well, if you don't get anything, I'll try and knock something out for you.  I compose the music, too.  I've been using DAWs since Cubase 1 on the Atari ST :D

Yes the ST was always the first choice for music production back in the day with its excellent MIDI compatibility.

Even tho i was an Amiga freak :D

• Like 2

hello I am the queue of the conversation between 2 cartons! A community that stifles I find it always great! In advance, sorry for this english  I write from my phone:). as for videos I'm currently working on theme sport(  i don't if nobody work on also ?)and I had before the call of jason  li make a thematic video "fantasia games" that groups games with a poetic tendency( rime / ico) if it can serve!

%5BURL=https://www.casimages.com/i/180901123949534062.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttps://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/09/01/180901123949534062.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

for the rest I did some reedition of the fabulous work of robin55 on the playlist and everything is not here! I had worked on strategy / fighting 2d and shooter (which is special in terms of rendering) they are old theme, I'm almost ashamed to show them but it will give an idea because I think I can do reworked version here. see you later ill be back ^^

strategy

Fighting 2d

Shooter

14 minutes ago, Padou said:
hello I am the queue of the conversation between 2 cartons! A community that moove 
 I find it always great! In advance, sorry for this english  I write from my phone:). as for videos I'm currently working on theme sport(  i don't if nobody work on also ?)and I had before the call of jason make a thematic video "fantasia games" that groups games with a poetic tendency( rime / ico) if it can serve! 

for the rest I did some reedition of the fabulous work of robin55 on the playlist and everything is not here! I had worked on strategy / fighting 2d and shooter (which is special in terms of rendering) they are old theme, I'm almost ashamed to show them but it will give an idea because I think I can do reworked version here. see you later ill be back ^^

strategy

Fighting 2d

Shooter

Very cool Padou! :)

By the way, I tried to fix the color of the text in your post but it's not working for some reason lol.

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Very cool Padou! :)

By the way, I tried to fix the color of the text in your post but it's not working for some reason lol.

I did not succeed either lol french connexion  -_-

19 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Just a heads up,btw...I am currently working on a full set of these specific to mame games...367378730_BeatEmUps.thumb.png.526479359cc8ed07369c2b3eb40d4f0b.png

Wooo! I think I'm going to like those a lot. :)

Have you played with the Unified Redux 1.1 or 1.2 theme yet? I love how those backgrounds you put together are looking.

@Jason Carr I have not shared it. I am wondering if anyone would even use my version if I did tbh.

Some changes I made were :

*No scrolling text...I moved it to above the marquee on my top monitor

*No Disc/Box art on the game selection screen...I moved it to the popup menu after you choose a game.

*Got rid of the publisher,rating,year,etc. info from the game selection screen...it only shows the game title...and the rest of the info is in the popup screen when a game is selected.

*I straightened the wheel...the curved wheel was something I never liked in HyperSpin

*Made the wheels slightly smaller,and decreased the space between them,to fit more on the screen at one time.

*Redid the system logos for each system,so the logo was just above the video border,instead of across the whole top (like in the collection and genre art I did)

*Custom logo on the popup screen when a game is selected..._Default.thumb.png.e5bc04d2a31c634676de7e8319a537ad.pngThere is probably more...I just can't remember atm what else I did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

@Jason Carr I have not shared it. I am wondering if anyone would even use my version if I did tbh.

Some changes I made were :

*No scrolling text...I moved it to above the marquee on my top monitor

*No Disc/Box art on the game selection screen...I moved it to the popup menu after you choose a game.

*Got rid of the publisher,rating,year,etc. info from the game selection screen...it only shows the game title...and the rest of the info is in the popup screen when a game is selected.

*I straightened the wheel...the curved wheel was something I never liked in HyperSpin

*Made the wheels slightly smaller,and decreased the space between them,to fit more on the screen at one time.

*Redid the system logos for each system,so the logo was just above the video border,instead of across the whole top (like in the collection and genre art I did)

*Custom logo on the popup screen when a game is selected..._Default.thumb.png.e5bc04d2a31c634676de7e8319a537ad.pngThere is probably more...I just can't remember atm what else I did

Wow, very cool; that's a lot of customizations. I probably wouldn't use it as-is, but it'd be neat to see it regardless. If you ever want to upload it somewhere, I'd love to tinker with it. No worries if not.

I take it back...I did not get rid of the info...I placed a second line and separated it so it no longer fades between the title and info,but,it displays at all times...here are some screenshots...alot of dead space because I place my monitors diagonal  in windows so my kid doesn't move the mouse to the marquee monitor...

Untitled.thumb.png.dbd90e76409d0bc5464f4a2450f9f1fd.png

Untitled2.thumb.png.8f4528b1a7969504242b7104b53d28fc.png

Edited by RetroHumanoid