LaunchBox Community Forums

Calling All Media and Theme Creators!

Jason Carr

16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@dragon57 For the dark parts like the black figures in MMO, Coop, Multiplayer, Single Player, etc., it'd be best if there was a white outline or a a white glow around them or something. That way they won't blend in to the dark background. Either way, it's amazing to have all these gaps filled in. :)

I'm on it! :)

• Like 1

Aren't life sims and Construction/management games almost the same thing? And what is vehicle simulation? Flight sims, space sim and racing games are completely different genres and should have their own category. I would say Music and Party should be one category as well. Not enough of either to warrant a separate category for each. Do people categorize their games as sandbox? Never heard that one before.

4 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Aren't life sims and Construction/management games almost the same thing? And what is vehicle simulation? Flight sims, space sim and racing games are completely different genres and should have their own category. I would say Music and Party should be one category as well. Not enough of either to warrant a separate category for each. Do people categorize their games as sandbox? Never heard that one before.

You don't know me or how I like to do things.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

The genres originally came from http://thegamesdb.net, way back from when we were given their data and started our own games database. It's barely been changed since then. I know it's not perfect, but it's decent and changing them would be quite a process, considering.

it's fine. takes 2 seconds to delete a genre you dont want to see.

14 hours ago, natemac00 said:

Is there a list somewhere of what a complete clear-logo set would be (For just LB not ROMs)?

You mean the complete list of platforms and playlists? It would be extremely long, but the complete list would contain all the platforms listed on the LaunchBox Games Database, all the genres listed on the LaunchBox Games Database (you can see the full list by going to add a game), all the regions, Single Player, Multiplayer, and Cooperative. Then there's developers and publishers, but that would be a crazy undertaking. Also all the arcade playlists which are separate. Lol.